• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stub Hub and so the rip off begins !!!

Thing is, anyone who used to sell their tickets on for face value is surely going think hmmmmmm. I can make some money here.

The worse thing is that the rise and rise of the season ticket loaner is going to get out of hand. Knowone will give them up as they can just keep them and then fleece everyone else on stub hub without even leaving their desk.

We need a new stadium bad. I want a season ticket bad!!! And can't get one.

Whilst their are gits out there renting theirs out and probably now fleecing honest fans on Stub Hub.

Thing is, anyone who used to sell their tickets on for face value is surely going think hmmmmmm. I can make some money here.

The worse thing is that the rise and rise of the season ticket loaner is going to get out of hand. Knowone will give them up as they can just keep them and then fleece everyone else on stub hub without even leaving their desk.

We need a new stadium bad. I want a season ticket bad!!! And can't get one.

Whilst their are gits out there renting theirs out and probably now fleecing honest fans on Stub Hub.

Anybody with a Park Lane season ticket can now easily get back their money from just selling, say, the Arsenal and Chelsea games. So then they literally have FREE tickets to 17 home games. Nobody in their right mind will give up their season ticket from now on in, since it's effectively a free pass that they can choose to use or just sell some more tickets to pocket some extra income. I'm so angry about this.

Anybody with a Park Lane season ticket can now easily get back their money from just selling, say, the Arsenal and Chelsea games. So then they literally have FREE tickets to 17 home games. Nobody in their right mind will give up their season ticket from now on in, since it's effectively a free pass that they can choose to use or just sell some more tickets to pocket some extra income. I'm so angry about this.

Doesn't nobody giving up their season tickets increase the size of the waiting list? Doesn't the size of the waiting list to some extent correlate to the size of commercial sponsorship we get for the stadium?

Ill be going to games but as some of these are on sundays the chances are I wont be able to go. Now whilst I wont sell them for £100 each I would sell them at a mark up maybe £60 for example. Supply and demand etc. I dont know how stub hub works and whether it is like ebay where fans can bid for tickets or is it a buy it now type method?

My intention to get the ST was not to sell and make money (had an ST for eight years now) however if the opportunity is there and there is a demand then whilst it is against the SPIRIT of the rules it is not against the rules itself.

You can argue 'how can you rip off fellow fans'. Yeah we are fellow fans but we are hardly family etc.

You can argue 'how can you rip off fellow fans'. Yeah we are fellow fans but we are hardly family etc.

Whilst some will say you should not rip of a fellow fan, I have to agree with you that its just human nature to want to make money out of things. And if you have that option then I think most will use it. But the distasteful thing is that Stub hub is even given the chance to basically be a legal Tout. Overcharging for events to an obscene amount. It also as I have mentioned before leads to hordes of season ticket owners being potential profiteers. Stub hub has been around in the states for ages and people will buy season tickets with no intention of going to the game, its just a way for them to fleece the fan that cannot afford a season ticket, or in some cases cannot get one.

Next thing we will have PSL's as well over here.

If these tickets went to auction, like ebay, it wouldn't be so bad as the seller could start at a low price and save face.
But seling immediately at so much over value, AND trying to claim FV is £80 and more is just a damn disgrace.

DSF...........I'm a bit disappointed in your comments. I thought you were more of an upstanding citizen than this. ;)

My intention to get the ST was not to sell and make money (had an ST for eight years now) however if the opportunity is there and there is a demand then whilst it is against the SPIRIT of the rules it is not against the rules itself.
You ever thought about a career in politics DHL? I think they'd like the cut of your jib ;)

Ill be going to games but as some of these are on sundays the chances are I wont be able to go. Now whilst I wont sell them for £100 each I would sell them at a mark up maybe £60 for example. Supply and demand etc. I dont know how stub hub works and whether it is like ebay where fans can bid for tickets or is it a buy it now type method?

Sickening. This is why I knew the system would never work.

Doesn't nobody giving up their season tickets increase the size of the waiting list? Doesn't the size of the waiting list to some extent correlate to the size of commercial sponsorship we get for the stadium?

Interesting….

As others have said, StubHub makes sure there would be absolutely no reason to ever give up a season ticket. In fact, having one and not going could prob bring in a 2k profit (at least).

IF, they were at face value it would be an amazing idea. As it is, it's so crazy that I think you might be right.

Interesting….

As others have said, StubHub makes sure there would be absolutely no reason to ever give up a season ticket. In fact, having one and not going could prob bring in a 2k profit (at least).

IF, they were at face value it would be an amazing idea. As it is, it's so crazy that I think you might be right.

that idea WAS the ticket exchange :(

that idea WAS the ticket exchange :(

Exactly + it worked really well. People would only use it if they definitely couldn't attend the match, rather than to profit.

I guess the club would say they have outsourced it to experts, but it must have cost f'all to run anyway.

This is gonad*s.

Schalke recently terminated it's partnership with Viagogo due to similar activity.

Rather than respond individually id respond overall.

I gathered that my comments would be controversial although didnt think 'sickening'.

Some have alluded to it - I have never touted and dont intend to, I havent invented these avenues to sell tickets - its the club which you can class me as being an opportunist for using. I have been giving tickets back to spurs at around 75% its face value for th elast couple of years or so and lost a fair bit of money out of it. I accepted it and tolerated it. I now can sell it at face value or a value exceeding it which means I can make my money back from those sold tickets - hence me selling tickets at say £60 rather than £100.

If this method for selling tickets hadnt existed I wouldnt care less - but it is there so ill use it. I think there is a fair few people who are thinking the same with the same school of thought of 'making money' but maybe a bit concerned to shout it out loud for the fear of criticism.

There are so many other sites out there that sell tickets for concerts etc its not such bad thing.

I stil dont know if its an ebay style thing or not. Do we set the price then bidding starts? or do we just sell at £100 for example? If its the latter then maybe an Ebay style method would have been better for all concerned.

I feel awful because I actually thought for a minute " why didnt I take a season ticket this year!" thankfully the thought passed.......I could only afford restricted view and who's going to pay over the odds for that!

Ticket exchange wasnt at face value. I think we only got 75% of the ticket value back. If they gave us 100% back then that would have been ok.

But a season ticket is not the same price as the sum of all face value tickets for each game. Why should you get face value back when you didn't pay it to start with. The reason this is so insulting to the average fan is that it's a privilege to hold a Tottenham ST with the current demand. If you can't afford it, you give it up and give one of the 20000 on the waiting list their turn. If you can't make it, well that's just a risk you take with buying a ST, and the fact you can now profit from this is really gross. Sure, you are working within the rules, but you are happily screwing over fellow fans. If you're happy with that then nobody can stop you because the system is fudged, but just know that you're very much a part of the problem, and you can't absolve yourself of responsibility.

From the OS: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/stubhub-spurs-vs-swansea-020813/

STUBHUB - SPURS VS SWANSEA
Posted by Tottenham Hotspur on 2 August 2013 - 19:01PM
Tickets for the match against Swansea went on sale via StubHub on 31 July. The Club has been monitoring the pricing and uptake of sales over the last three days and is able to report that those season ticket holders who have priced their tickets reasonably have been able to find buyers, whilst those tickets that have been highly priced, remain unsold.

The Club will continue to monitor the uptake of ticket sales via Stubhub and, as per our discussions with THST, encourages all fans to continue to price their tickets sensibly.

A fair point. But I still do not see why ST holders should be allowed to sell at such an inflated price anyway. Swansea is one thing but fellow Spurs fans will be paying £300 for Arsenal tickets I reckon. And when they allow members in on this it's game over.

I cannot go to WHL every game, a cannot afford it. So I've never been able to afford a season ticket. However, I could now wait in line, get one eventually and then put tickets up for sale for the 60% of matches that I can't go to. Maybe even profit on a few games to pay for the other matches. But that doesn't seem right or fair, STs should be for the guys who can go every week and do. IMHO fans should be allowed to used StubHub a maximum number of times per season and loyalty points should be deducted.

Back