• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

How many trophies have we won since the late 80s?

This. Our club is about aiming high even if we fail. We are on the cusp of having the best spurs side since I started supporting spurs in 1980. This season with all the managerial changes there is no clear favourite, in my opinion, for any of the domestic trophies so we are in with a major shout.

It's simple.

Bale would be happy with staying at Spurs. He's not looking to leave this summer. But if the club wants to sell him to Madrid, he's hardly going to turn that down either.

All the BS from the media is a desperation act to force or pressure Bale thinking he has to hand in a transfer request.

He's not that type of boy.

Last edited:

Talking about what we could "do" with £85m or £100m is ridiculous, anyway. What would the up-front amount actually be? If reports are to be believed, Madrid still owe us £20m for Modrić. Crossrail 2 would probably be in need of its first major upgrade before we saw the final payment out of them for Bale.

Not really a big issue as most signings we make are paid in installments too.

What makes me a bit annoyed is that even though no official bid has been made, this story is just non-stop but official bids have been made for Suarez and the story is hardly mentioned

Liverpool get such an easy time of it in the press, even though they have been nowhere near the top 4 for 4 seasons now there is never any this and that player should leave like we have to put up with each year

I think a lot of fans for various clubs feel the same way. We follow the news for our own club much closer so the news will seem focused on us and the negative articles will hit us harder than the positive ones.

last week it was all about Suarez, all over the place, Liverpool have spent their whole tour deflecting questions about Suarez and the bids from Arse.....

at least Suarez hasnt been hiding away in a hotel with a fake injury

:eek:

It's simple.

Bale would be happy with staying at Spurs. He's not looking to leave this summer. But if the club wants to sell him to Madrid, he's hardly going to turn that down either.

All the BS from the media is a desperation act to force or pressure Bale thinking he has to hand in a transfer request.

He's not that type of boy.

I agree spooky and I've been saying something similar earlier in this thread.

We have all the cards. If we sell him it will be on our terms, and we know what that means with Levy.

So either we get to keep him for another season, fantastic. Or we get to watch Baldini, AVB, Levy (and Pleat?;)) play around with a massive amount of money to improve our squad. Not a bad outcome all in all.

It's not a bad situation to be in either way, because we have a fantastic player that isn't a dingdonghead and has 3 years left on his contract.

Talking about what we could "do" with £85m or £100m is ridiculous, anyway. What would the up-front amount actually be? If reports are to be believed, Madrid still owe us £20m for Modrić. Crossrail 2 would probably be in need of its first major upgrade before we saw the final payment out of them for Bale.

This also answers the much asked question used to express disappointment at lack of transfer activity, 'What happened to the Modric money?'

If Madrid make a bid that isn't 'undervalue' (whatever Spurs think that is) then he's gone.

Hoping Madrid, in their arrogance, don't bid more than £50M.

If Madrid make a bid that isn't 'undervalue' (whatever Spurs think that is) then he's gone.

Hoping Madrid, in their arrogance, don't bid more than £50M.

They are waiting for the transfer request to go in so they can offer less than the reported asking price.

No different to Chelsea s £22m and £24m offers when our asking price was always reported to be £40m. (for Modders)

Last edited:

The transfer request, IMO, will never happen. I don't think any trouble will be caused unless Madrid bid a massive amount and we say no. If they do and we do say no then of course it gets messy. Madrid will then have the upper hand.

This quite an interesting point made by Mattspur on SC on the saga and RM.

Now, I'm not saying I'm ITK, but I heard from what I consider to be a very reliable source that Coentrao and Di Maria have fallen out with the Real Madrid hierarchy over the use of them as make weights in the Bale offer and now, even if Real don't sign Bale, they both want out of the club as they feel that they aren't wanted and may go as far as to refuse to play for the club this season in an effort to engineer moves away. Ancelotte is furious with Perez for destabilizing his already fragile squad who still haven't recovered from in house fighting under Mourinho.

Also, Ancelotte was very upset that Real sold Higuain without his knowledge as he thought he would be able to convince him to stay as he wanted him to be his main striker this season.

Real is not a very happy place at the moment and they know they haven't got any chance of signing Bale as they don't have the funds. All this paper talk is just Real trying to keep a high profile as they are worried that they can't keep up with the new wave of mega rich clubs.

If it was true it wouldn't guarantee that Bale stays, still remember the Robhino saga back in the summer of 08 when all year he was linked with Chelsea with them at one point putting Robinho Chelsea shirts on the club shop website then taking them down. This dragged on for ages until out of the blue moon he signed for Emirates Marketing Project hours before the deadline on the day they won the lottery.

Can see this Bale saga not ending until he moves, this year or next.

Im going to be very "MoneyBall" with this next post

In Bale we have a very pleasing on the eye, goal out of nowhere player who in an ideal world we would not want to lose, right??

When you break his stats down his actual output in the league was 21 goals and 4 assists, so where as the goals ratio was in fact huge for a midfielder the assist column is not as impressive. Now whilst the goal record was impressive, what was his realistic internal competition, Defoe with 11, Dempsey with 7 and Ade with 5, those stats are shocking.

So what point am I trying to make?? Is it really as hard as people are making out to replace Bale? For me alot of the success Bale achieved was down to playing almost as a second striker with freedom, therefore although not a player you want to lose, if we signed a 30m striker who scored 25+ league goals whilst making another 50m on the sale of Bale would it be as HUGE a loss as people and the press are making out??

What are the alternatives? place HUGE emphasis and resources on keeping ONE player at the club OR use the money that player brings to improve the TEAM and quality within that team.

For me, as pleasing as he is on the eye and in an ideal world a player I would want to keep, I see it as a correct move for all to now sell and move on, it always appears the end of the world when these players leave but as with Berba, Modric, Carrick etc it very rarely is.....

Im not a big fan of stats but four assists dont tel the whole story. If you have brick strikers and a midfield who rarely score - you wont have many assists.

So basically RM's end game is to leave us with a player who refuses to play. Then they can send us another load of IOU's.

So basically RM's end game is to leave us with a player who refuses to play. Then they can send us another load of IOU's.

florentino_perez_real_madrid+barcelona+wallpaper+barcablog+barca+blog+barcelona+florentino_perez_real_madrid+barcelona+wallpaper+barcablog+barca+blog+barcelona.jpg

...which is why the installments argument and all this on the never-never doesn't necessarily stack up, for me. In the current climate, I don't think there's any guarantee RM will still be around in 2020.

...which is why the installments argument and all this on the never-never doesn't necessarily stack up, for me. In the current climate, I don't think there's any guarantee RM will still be around in 2020.

Oh if Levy were to sell

RM have to give us a lump sum of 90m and 10m contingent on Bales achievements.

Oh plus the 20m from Modric - so 110m cash up fudging front

So, Levy really should come out, via the press of course, and say that Real Madrid's bid of 60M plus those players is accepted provided both players sign for us and we have all the funds in our bank account by the end of the week.

edit: plus all the money still owed on the modric sale as well

If not, they can fudge right off, and we won't be entertaining any further discussions with a club whose eyes are obviously far bigger than its stomach. Perhaps we could suggest Theo Walcott, who we hear is just as good but may be a fraction cheaper?

It must be said, whatever the final outcome, my respect for Real, and I hope many other's too, has completely diminished.

I used to look at them in awe and respect. Now their image has been completely tarnished, and I hope supporters of other clubs feel the same. Such a grand club shouldn't have to resort to such pathetic bullying, underhand tactics. Even Zidane, who was my childhood hero, I'll never look at the same again.

I only hope people remember this, and who knows, maybe it will put players off joining them in the future (although unlikely I guess).

Madrid can't handle the cold hard truth that they're not the big boys in Spain anymore. When ever Barca start getting the uper hand they go on summer sprees signing everyone they possibly can with a big reputration, hoping that it will work. They signed argubaly the two best players in the world at the time, Kaka and Ronaldo, and absoloutley ruined Kaka. Ronaldo has played very well for them, but he can't drag them to success. So now they're looking at other big names, they know they'll never get Messi and Neymar's now at Barcelona. They're trying to get Bale as he's probably the only player avaliable who is genuinley world class. Even if they do get Bale though, history tells us that apart from the odd Spanish league title they won't achieve anything.

If Bale does leave I want it to be next season and to Barcelona, a place where players are treated better and a place which has a lot more class then Real Madrid will ever have. You can't buy class as the saying goes.

Back