• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Have you ever been ITK

milo

Jack L. Jones
Fess up and tell us what sources you have had in the past.

I don't have any now but I have had two very good ones in the past. I used to know a girl who was shagging the arsenal club photographer and got told about their burgundy shirt and Campbell being sold well before the stories broke. I also used to have a good friend of a friend source for Abramovich early in his time at Chelsea. The source of the info used to be high up in one of his companies and was good for info.

I've had a couple of spurs sources but mainly to ex-players and nowhere near as reliable as the other two.

What about you?

A few months after we won the Carling Cup five years ago I got a job as a Barman at a pub in Sydenham, one of the locals worked at Palace's training ground as a security guard, even traveled to Bristol with the team during that year's play-off semi-final. The info was a bit hit and miss but told me about the John Bostock deal weeks before it was announced, although he did tell me that the deal was worth £5m :lol:

Last edited:
My wife used to work at the club, would see Levy on a daily basis but never got a huge amount of info.

She once thought she saw that ITK staple of Van Bommell at the club once :lol:

She met Sven there once and Mido asked her out, but that was about it! :ross: Conversely, Ralph Coates was a gentleman, as was Robbie Keane and Paul Robinson.

Oh, Jol used to make jokes about 'DP', (double penetration) apparently!

The best bit was I got to have a pint with Howells, Sedgely and Paul Allen once. It was like '91 all over again!

Happy days...

a friend of mine is in the same wedding/bar mitzvah circle as someone who used to work for Simon Fuller, she found out about the possible Beckham loan stuff before it got brickcanned by Galaxy

I know a guy high up at Bloomberg who had told me that they were to be THFCs new sponsors - then Autonomy were announced.

Also been told one or two snippets but doesnt mean anything (one was Tristan the other was Mendieta) Ultimately how I saw it was them talking to me as if a cabbie was talking to me - a pinch of salt.

Used to know someone in one of the offices, which is how me and my brother leaked the kits one season - the yellow tinkle streak one. I got several threats from real Itk too, upsetting the established order of itk made me hate a few fellow yids for a time

That persons left now, but I've worked with most of the top UK footballers and sportspeople at some time or other. Most are fine, they're not going to tell me anything anyway but occasionally you hear stories which raise an eyebrow. Meh

I had a piece of information drop into my lap regarding the behind the scenes running of another Spurs message board, at the time their admins asked me to keep a lid on it, I shared the info with Crawley who also thought it best to keep schtum because of the detente that exists between Spurs boards.

I'm not sure I should say any more without approval from an Admin here.

Not Spurs but know a lot about British actors - some proper stuff that the tabloids would love.

Have I shared it? NO! of course not! Why would I implicate my source just to inflate my online ego (to people I don't know)??? Makes no sense and this is where I fail to understand TRUE ITK's...

Not Spurs but know a lot about British actors - some proper stuff that the tabloids would love.

Have I shared it? NO! of course not! Why would I implicate my source just to inflate my online ego (to people I don't know)??? Makes no sense and this is where I fail to understand TRUE ITK's...

Exactly, totally agree and more importantly who cares? It's just noise

My cousins neighbour was Michaela Strachan, she used to tell us what programmes she will be on .. :tumbleweed:

I know some stuff about that Kevin Nolan/Andy Carroll story from a while back, the drugs/shagging one if anyone remembers. It's not as reported, close but not quite.

Plus, used to know someone with an 'in' at Arsenal but don't speak to him now and he doesn't have that access anymore either.

And at school when Spurs agreed a fee with Sunderland for Bridges, one of our teachers laughed and said there's no way - he'll go to Leeds, I know his da'. And then he moved.

I saw Glenn Hoddle and Gus Poyet together in the car park of the Runnymede Hotel about 3 days before he signed for us in 2001. I can't remember if I posted about it on the old GG.net. I also sometimes see Kyle Walker about in bars and 5-a-side pitches over the summer, but he's not exactly ITK about transfer matters.

I was in Southampton the week before we signed Bale. Southampton is a small city and the locals love their club and know what is going on. I was told the Bale was signing and that he was ten times the player Walcott was. got home on Sunday and the boy was announced early the next week. And it turns out he is ten times as good as Walcott.

A friend of mine has coached kids at 2 premiership teams, has done coaching courses abroad with the Premier League and now coaches in Dubai. He will give his opinion on players and coaches he has worked with, who he rates, who's a bit of a tosser, etc. Some surprises (e.g he is genuinely shocked at how Nile Ranger has turned out, had nothing but good things to say about his attitude and ability when he was younger), some things not so surprising (Bryan Robson is a dinosaur when it comes to coaching). He's also told us various stories and gossip from the players circles. Never any transfer news though.

An ex work colleague moved on to work in business travel circles, and contacted me (knowing I was Spurs) back in around 2008-9 to say that Levy had flown to Madrid to try and get Becks here from RM (before he went to Galaxy). Not sure on dates, need to check. But obviously, it never came to be.

The missus worked with a guy who was in a restaurant with gareth barry when still at Villa, and the discussion was about him coming to Spurs. Once again, never came off.

I guess this proves some ITK can be close, but fails at the last minute

I know two current Spurs players and one board member through work fairly well.. Get told little bits but nothing that interesting. Always accurate so far though

I saw Glenn Hoddle and Gus Poyet together in the car park of the Runnymede Hotel about 3 days before he signed for us in 2001. I can't remember if I posted about it on the old GG.net. I also sometimes see Kyle Walker about in bars and 5-a-side pitches over the summer, but he's not exactly ITK about transfer matters.

I worked with Louises' mum (Jamies wife, Louise).

I had the full story on our attempts to sign him, and know it went on a long time before he actually signed. He was so desperate to sign for us and do well, but knew the injuries could prove problematic.

Jamies mother-in-law got me hospitality tickets, including players lounge one friday night before we played Saudi Sportswashing Machine, only to ring my home and find I'd just been rushed into hospital with kidney stones that day.

I sat in the West for a game on a friends season ticket, only to find I was a few seats away from louise and her mum. Got a kiss from Louise. Have never washed since.

I had a piece of information drop into my lap regarding the behind the scenes running of another Spurs message board, at the time their admins asked me to keep a lid on it, I shared the info with Crawley who also thought it best to keep schtum because of the detente that exists between Spurs boards.

I'm not sure I should say any more without approval from an Admin here.

Just leave it, it's not worth it. :lol:

An ex work colleague moved on to work in business travel circles, and contacted me (knowing I was Spurs) back in around 2008-9 to say that Levy had flown to Madrid to try and get Becks here from RM (before he went to Galaxy). Not sure on dates, need to check. But obviously, it never came to be.

The missus worked with a guy who was in a restaurant with gareth barry when still at Villa, and the discussion was about him coming to Spurs. Once again, never came off.

I guess this proves some ITK can be close, but fails at the last minute

Or that football is Politics.

I do get the impression from my gut feeling that some of these ITKs are just being misled on purpose or at least their sauce is by those involved in the negotiations, some of whom are no different to political aides at times.

In political craftsmanship it's about observing someone, trying to see what their intentions are, so you can see who they really are and a stay step ahead. A lot easier said than done and that is way the media are entwined in this process helping put external pressure with facts or fiction.

Looking at these transfer sagas from an outside perspective that's the impression I get. I sometimes think that ITKs are attention seekers, are sometimes given the right info but it doesn't come off but also that they're just another tool that can be used to apply any external pressures, if you think about fans get annoyed or happy when they see info in the papers or other mediums, but they'll be even more annoyed or happy when it comes from someone they believe to be one of them.

Back