• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Yep, let's give one of our rivals a clear run at a 25 goal a season striker...

His goals a season is going up by the minute, first of all he was 15, then 20 a season now 25, we should leave it right till the end of the window to bring him in, he'll be a 50 goal a season player by then.

How many times have you actually seen Soldado play?

In total, for full 90 minute matches, maybe 10? Which is probably as many as you. Maybe more by one or two, maybe less by one or two.

But the fact is, he's a finisher. He's 10 times the goalscorer Jermain Defoe is, he's consistent, he's reliable, he's a match winner. And he's in his peak.

Now answer my questions, too. (From original post)

The joke being what? Getting 4th in the league?
If you find that funny then something's gone wrong.

What do you mean he's not worth £26m? He's a goalscorer. He's scored 20+ for the last 3 years. He's a starting striker for the World Champions. He's a regular in the Champions League. He's in his prime.

I'm curious as to how much you would rate Bale as, were you not a Spurs fan.

I agree with this. We all strut about declaring that Bale is worth £80m and then suggest that Soldado isnt worth £24m.

His goals a season is going up by the minute, first of all he was 15, then 20 a season now 25, we should leave it right till the end of the window to bring him in, he'll be a 50 goal a season player by then.

last time he scored less than 20 in a season; 08/09
last time he scored less than 25 in a season; 09/10
first time he scored at least 30 in a season; 12/13

So yeah, maybe now is a good time to sign him, he IS scoring more year on year.

In total, for full 90 minute matches, maybe 10? Which is probably as many as you. Maybe more by one or two, maybe less by one or two.

But the fact is, he's a finisher. He's 10 times the goalscorer Jermain Defoe is, he's consistent, he's reliable, he's a match winner. And he's in his peak.

Now answer my questions, too. (From original post)

How exactly do you know how many times i've seen him or are you basing this on how many times Valencia are on live on sky?

The guy's worth it. We're also in a unique situation this season (managerial changes, Bale's possible final season) to push on and actually achieve something. I'm sure Levy realises this too. As people have said before (and I'm not advocating as a long term transfer strategy), we need to bite the bullet on this one.

30m? they're welcome to him.

Which option would you choose?

A) We overpay on Soldado but he fires us into the CL and we finally finish above Arsenal

or

B) We sign someone else for a fair price but he's not as good and we finish 5th again

Which option would you choose?

A) We overpay on Soldado but he fires us into the CL and we finally finish above Arsenal

or

B) We sign someone else for a fair price but he's not as good and we finish 5th again

Or C) We overpay on Soldado and we fail to get into the CL

or D) We wait, negotiate and get Soldado for a price closer to what we want and he fires us into the CL

Or E...

I think you get where i'm going with this.

How about you answer something for a change :)

What is the question?

The joke being what? getting 4th?

is that a genuine question. Ok i'll answer it, i don't think he's worth the money they want and we're best looking elsewhere if they don't drop their price. If Liverpool pay that price then fair play but he isn't worth it so that's that imo.

btw i've watched him more than 10 times that's for sure. I like strikers that get involved in a teams build up play and offer more than goals.

He didn't really as I just want an answer on the two options. Obviously the best option is that we spend nothing and we win all 38 games, yippee, but that's not what I asked. Basically you care more about the finances of Spurs than the success we have on the pitch, I'd understand that if you were a shareholder but as far as I know you're just a fan.

He didn't really as I just want an answer on the two options. Obviously the best option is that we spend nothing and we win all 38 games, yippee, but that's not what I asked. Basically you care more about the finances of Spurs than the success we have on the pitch, I'd understand that if you were a shareholder but as far as I know you're just a fan.

Your question is rather stupid imho but if i HAD to choose out of those 2 options you presented i would go with A so that puts an end to your theory.

Or C) We overpay on Soldado and we fail to get into the CL

or D) We wait, negotiate and get Soldado for a price closer to what we want and he fires us into the CL

Or E...

I think you get where i'm going with this.

Just keep it to facts, we dont spend the money, and finish 5th. Thats what we usually do....:lol:

Or spend too late, and buy off WBA and Fulham someone who cant play last minute after having lost 2 games early on in the season.

You are trying to convince people who have seen the same thing happen over and over again the last ten seasons.... :lol:

it's a stupid question, which is basically: do you want us to finish 4th or 5th? the money factor doesn't really mean anything because of the Champions League windfall we'd receive with option A

if there was a guarantee that signing Soldado now for 30m euros would bring us 4th place no questions asked of course everyone will take it - which renders the question itself pointless

At this point I would like to say that Valencia are pretty much on Sky every weekend, normally the late game on Sundays, anyway, I watch a lot more of Valencia than most premiership teams because of the Sky coverage. It wouldn't surprise me that I watched last season Valencia over 25 times. I would imagine that goes for a lot of La Liga watchers too who have Sky. I think many people have a very good grasp at just how good Soldado is.

Just keep it to facts, we dont spend the money, and finish 5th. Thats what we usually do....:lol:

Or spend too late, and buy off WBA and Fulham someone who cant play last minute after having lost 2 games early on in the season.

You are trying to convince people who have seen the same thing happen over and over again the last ten seasons.... :lol:

I agree with that, just keep it to facts.

Offering up two versions of the future that could happen, and ignoring the rest of the possibilities, is as far away from the facts as you can get.

I'm perfectly happy for the club to buy a striker. In fact i'm perfectly happy for it to be Soldado, he seems to be rated by others on here though i have not seen enough of him myself. However when people think we should just pay whatever price other clubs want then it's getting to the point of madness.

Back