• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

It's perfect sense to have a pool of

7 central midfielders (actually 10 central midfielders being that we haven't actually sold Parker, Livermore and Huddlestone) vying for 3 spots

2 strikers vying for 1 spot

and Lennon not having any competition (well Townsend but he'll most probs be on the other side)

To me i think it's overkill and it's the most bizzare signing i've seen in a long time (and i rate Mccarthy). How about we conclude a deal for positions we actually need to strengthen desperately before signing back up cm's.

If we sign another CM now, I'd be very concerned that Dembele's hip is proper fudged.

I read on twitter this morning that there is some ITK that Demebele is out for 6 months? Anyone else read this??

Seems a bit strange considering there was pictures of him training this week....

On SC, in response to:

Well done to his agent I say, probably trebled his money.

grey fox replied:

You need to cross another one off your list. Talking about lists Benteke was not on the list I got at the beginning of the TW so I think this might have been a bit of smoke and mirrors by the club and we have somenone else lined up. I have to admit I am suprised there has been no movement in or out this week. My deepest apologies to Hottie as well, but one is better than none!

We are the joke of the day from alot of football fans. Lots of people taking the tinkle saying first Villa and now even Benteke rejected us.

Oh the powers of the press.

We are the joke of the day from alot of football fans. Lots of people taking the tinkle saying first Villa and now even Benteke rejected us.

Can't see why, we looked at Benteke, decided the price was too high and moved on. We are sensible with our money nothing wrong with that as far as I can see. Arsenal have not signed anyone other than an unknown striker despite telling us they have pots of money. Their supposed top target this summer has signed for Emirates Marketing Project. If Fabregas joins Man Utd it's going to be truly humiliating for goon fans. They will have to seriously question the ambition of their club.

Can't see why, we looked at Benteke, decided the price was too high and moved on. We are sensible with our money nothing wrong with that as far as I can see. Arsenal have not signed anyone other than an unknown striker despite telling us they have pots of money. Their supposed top target this summer has signed for Emirates Marketing Project. If Fabregas joins Man Utd it's going to be truly humiliating for goon fans. They will have to seriously question the ambition of their club.

How do you know it happened that way?

Weve still made technically 3 great signings... I believe Kaboul and Sandro really count as 2 new signings for this season and Paulinho.

Other fans have fudge all else to laugh at. The press are scum too.

Only speculating mate but bearing in mind there's been no confirmation of any offers, Villa's rather public intransigence on price and Levy being unwilling to be held to ransom by any club I rather suspect that the way it turned out.

TBH other than the lottery winners, the ITK has been bollox for the rest of the "big" clubs , Arsenal didn't get Jovetic, Man utd didn't get alcantara and Liverpool failed with mkhitaryan.

Last edited:
How do you know it happened that way?

Well common sense would dictate that if we agreed a fee with Villa Benteke would have been a Spurs player not long after.

Also, If you're going to believe reports that we were seriously interested you'd equally have to believe the ones which said we had agreed personal terms pending the two clubs reaching an agreeable price and/or the ones where Benteke (agent?) said he was only interested in signing for us, no?

I think Benteke would have been a spurs player by now if the clubs could agree terms. Those itks who stated that a deal had been agreed have egg on their faces again and should be banned from giving itk info (fudging macarons!). Levy obviously had a price in his head and it didn't match Villa's valuation.

The thought of starting a new season in 4 weeks with the strikers we have fills me with dread tbh. This notion that Adebayor will have a better season etc. is bollox imo. If we are serious about pressing on we need to spend some cash on some real quality. Will it happen? I doubt it but we'll just have to wait and see again.

Benteke ... signed up ... did you guys see that video when he was smiling ... Well now you know what that smile was about

Weve still made technically 3 great signings... I believe Kaboul and Sandro really count as 2 new signings for this season and Paulinho.

Other fans have fudge all else to laugh at. The press are scum too.

No, technically we've made one

The reason they didn't mention Benteke is because they are not as close to what is going on as others. It has been rumbling on all week.
Now I will update you more soon with why DL wouldn't pay up but I haven't heard the full story yet.
We should have gone for it though :0(
Could be Soldado or Remy now.
We are in for Bernard in a big way now too as well which is pleasing.

After his 'done deals' on Leandro, Villa, the Croatians and now Benteke, this guy is fast losing his credibility. Looks like he did just chance upon the Saha/Nelsen story a few hours early as a one-off.

Back