• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

I'm Australian man. How would you know where I'm from? I grew up idolising Damien Martyn and was a handy cricketer myself.. I know plenty about the rivalry and how quickly you lot turned from constant patsies to 'world beaters.' I just find it amusing is all..

I must say though, the players who had to suffer through humiliation; Botham, David Lloyd, Nasser Hussain, Michael Vaughan are generally quite humble and modest, as they should be .. But you fans really do take the cake :ross:

This explains a lot

Fantastic discussion then. Really great. I'm trying to be civil and you are being typical marky. I won't engage you further.

you can't really blame us for enjoying this period of dominance, i'm in my 30's so for most of my life Australia have been embarrassing us in Ashes tests and then really rubbing it in afterwards, the gloating was relentless, no sympathy even when we were really brick

in response to an earlier point, i'd rather the game was decided by technology if the alternative is for an umpiring mistake to result in a different conclusion

aha! Got ya - no self respecting Australian would ever say that.

Most underrated and graceful batsman during our domiant period. His performance when he single handedly won us a series in India contained some of the best batting you will ever see.. His stats don't lie mate.

All I've seen over the past series is that the English are terrible winners. I don't particularly like the carry on of the Aussies either - could not stand the cricket team during our dominance. I probably dislike Ponting more than any other Australian (tough choice between him and Kewell)

If you actually knew anything about cricket rather than just posting purely as a WUM who knows nothing you would know that weve been ranked above the aussies for years now in all forms of the game and have won the last 2 ashes series and 3 out of last 4 and to be fair its close between SA and us who is the best currently

Living where you do you wouldnt understand the rivalry between the aussies and us in sports, you simply dont have anything to compare it to

It's not really that close, in ranking points maybe but they smashed you last summer. Didn't you lose the first test by an innings?

All I've seen over the past series is that the English are terrible winners. I don't particularly like the carry on of the Aussies either - could not stand the cricket team during our dominance. I probably dislike Ponting more than any other Australian (tough choice between him and Kewell)

flimflam.

You would get the same from any winning team in a great sporting rivalry. Spurs supporters (you included I hope) would be the same, if not worse, if we beat the Gooners in a final etc.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/09/22/foreign-born-australian-test-cricketers/

Below are listed twenty Australian Test cricketers who were born overseas.

ENGLAND (10): Charles Bannerman, John Hodges, Tom Kendall, William Midwinter, Percy McDonnell, William Cooper, Henry Musgrove, Hanson Carter, Tony Dell and Andrew Symonds.
SCOTLAND (1): Archie Jackson.
IRELAND (2): Tom Horan, Tom Kelly.
SOUTH AFRICA (1): Kepler Wessels.
NEW ZEALAND (3): Tom Groube, Clarrie Grimmett and Brendon Julian.
INDIA (2): Bransby Cooper and Rex Sellers.
SRI LANKA (1): Dav Whatmore.

(Only Grimmett really excites me)

And now England:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/09/07/englands-foreign-born-test-cricketers/

AUSTRALIA: Billy Murdoch, John Ferris, Sammy Woods, Albert Trott, ‘Gubby’ Allen, Adam Hollioake, Ben Hollioake, Jason Gallian, Tim Ambrose.

SOUTH AFRICA: Basil D’Oliviera, Tony Greig, Ian Greig, Allan Lamb, Chris Smith, Robin Smith, Andrew Strauss, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Ian Trott.

WEST INDIES: Lord Harris, Pelham Warner, Roland Butcher, Norman Cowans, Wilf Slack, Gladstone Small, Phillip DeFreitas, Devon Malcolm, Chris Lewis, Neil Williams, Joseph Benjamin.

NEW ZEALAND: Andy Caddingdong.

INDIA: K.S. Ranjitsinhji (‘Ranji’), Edward Wynyard, Richard Young, Neville Tufnell, Douglas Jardine, K.S. Duleepsinhji (‘Duleep’), Nawab of Pataudi, Sr., Errol Holmes, Norman Mitchell-Innes, George Emmett, Colin Cowdrey, John Jameson, Bob Woolmer, Robin Jackman, Nasser Hussain, Minal Patel.

PAKISTAN: Usman Afzaal, Owais Shah.

ZIMBABWE (formerly Rhodesia): Graeme Hick, Paul Parker.

KENYA: Derek Pringle.

ZAMBIA: Phil Edmonds, Neil Radford.

GERMANY: Donald Carr, Paul Terry.

ITALY: Ted Dexter.

PERU: Freddie Brown.

HONG KONG: Dermot Reeve.

PAPUA NEW GUINEA: Geraint Jones.

DENMARK: Amjad Khan.

Woh - hope I haven't exceeded Glory Glory's maximum characters per post with that list ;)

http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/09/22/foreign-born-australian-test-cricketers/

Below are listed twenty Australian Test cricketers who were born overseas.

ENGLAND (10): Charles Bannerman, John Hodges, Tom Kendall, William Midwinter, Percy McDonnell, William Cooper, Henry Musgrove, Hanson Carter, Tony Dell and Andrew Symonds.
SCOTLAND (1): Archie Jackson.
IRELAND (2): Tom Horan, Tom Kelly.
SOUTH AFRICA (1): Kepler Wessels.
NEW ZEALAND (3): Tom Groube, Clarrie Grimmett and Brendon Julian.
INDIA (2): Bransby Cooper and Rex Sellers.
SRI LANKA (1): Dav Whatmore.

(Only Grimmett really excites me)

And now England:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/09/07/englands-foreign-born-test-cricketers/

AUSTRALIA: Billy Murdoch, John Ferris, Sammy Woods, Albert Trott, ‘Gubby’ Allen, Adam Hollioake, Ben Hollioake, Jason Gallian, Tim Ambrose.

SOUTH AFRICA: Basil D’Oliviera, Tony Greig, Ian Greig, Allan Lamb, Chris Smith, Robin Smith, Andrew Strauss, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Ian Trott.

WEST INDIES: Lord Harris, Pelham Warner, Roland Butcher, Norman Cowans, Wilf Slack, Gladstone Small, Phillip DeFreitas, Devon Malcolm, Chris Lewis, Neil Williams, Joseph Benjamin.

NEW ZEALAND: Andy Caddingdong.

INDIA: K.S. Ranjitsinhji (‘Ranji’), Edward Wynyard, Richard Young, Neville Tufnell, Douglas Jardine, K.S. Duleepsinhji (‘Duleep’), Nawab of Pataudi, Sr., Errol Holmes, Norman Mitchell-Innes, George Emmett, Colin Cowdrey, John Jameson, Bob Woolmer, Robin Jackman, Nasser Hussain, Minal Patel.

PAKISTAN: Usman Afzaal, Owais Shah.

ZIMBABWE (formerly Rhodesia): Graeme Hick, Paul Parker.

KENYA: Derek Pringle.

ZAMBIA: Phil Edmonds, Neil Radford.

GERMANY: Donald Carr, Paul Terry.

ITALY: Ted Dexter.

PERU: Freddie Brown.

HONG KONG: Dermot Reeve.

PAPUA NEW GUINEA: Geraint Jones.

DENMARK: Amjad Khan.

Woh - hope I haven't exceeded Glory Glory's maximum characters per post with that list ;)

1-0

Back