• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

Gosh you have to laugh at Arsenal now!
They don't want to pay the extra 2/3 million for Higuain, but they want to bid 30m for Suarez?
Great negotiating tactic; no doubt they'll keep up the 'we are big boy buyers now' by bidding up to the 40m (the only point at which Liverpol will take notice anyway, and Real will bid higher anyway).
Last sentence about being confident they have the means to close Higuain deal also makes this Suarez 'bid' look stupid. Why not just close that deal then??Maybe the article is made up....

Either way, hilarious! And my Gooner mates are getting tired of it too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/14/arsenal-luis-suarez-arsene-wenger

Arsène Wenger is determined to test Liverpool's resolve over Luis Suárez with an improved £35m bid. The Arsenal manager has lined up a deal for Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuaín, with the Argentina striker having agreed personal terms in principle on a move to the Emirates Stadium. But the delay in signing Higuaín has come as Wenger explores the possibility of pulling off a coup by landing Suárez.

Arsenal have been in contact with Liverpool to indicate a readiness to pay £30m for the Uruguayan only to be told that the figure was too low. Only something much closer to £40m may make Liverpool reconsider, even though they will fight to keep their star player. Wenger is keen to give them a decision to make and Emirates Marketing Project have also expressed an interest.

The striker has issued several messages about his future via the Uruguayan media and, in spite of his affection for Liverpool, he has reached a stage in his career where he wants to play in the Champions League. His willingness to entertain the notion of a transfer to another Premier League club has been surprising, given his insistence that he has been victimised by the mediain this country.

Wenger has also checked on the possibility of signing Wayne Rooney and, on Friday, upon his arrival in Indonesia for the first leg of Arsenal's pre-season tour, he described the Manchester United forward, Suárez and Higuaín as "realistic targets quality-wise". He has been extremely reluctant, though, to disclose any further details for fear of jeopardising a deal.

Wenger is under pressure as never before to spend lavishly and break Arsenal's transfer record that remains the £15m that he parted with for Andrey Arshavin in 2009, with the chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, having said that the club are ready to "compete with any club in the world" for the biggest names on the market. The escalation in their financial firepower has come from renegotiated sponsorship deals.

Wenger has spoken about being "out of the race for the top-level transfers for years but we are coming back now", although he retains an element of discomfort about the eye-watering fees being discussed. He says that his core principals will not change, in terms of his work ethic, style and desire to develop players. "If you look closely, it looks to me that there are very high transfers now," Wenger said. "There is a dual speed now. A very high level or no level at all. That's a big, worrying truth. Until now [this summer] you had £40m, £50m, £60m [fees] or nothing at all. It's been under £10m or around the big numbers. I don't think that's very healthy."

Madrid have ordered Higuaín to train with them on Monday , when they begin their preparations for the season, and they have stressed that he remains their player. But there is confidence at Arsenal that they have the means to close the deal for him.

all still rumours, if not just negotiations and posturing by the club. who knows what happens behind close doors, or even if a formal bid was made? one thing in common between l'arse and spurs is that we both try to run the club without exorbitant fees/wages. sure arsenal pay their young ones a lot compared to average, but as can be seen in bale's case, it is necessary if you don't have the top top quality players (which cost too much) to challenge for trophies and titles. they can afford more simply because they can. i for one am happy to see that a club is exercising some self-restraint in a time when galacticos seem to be the fashion, and talent is simply wasted on the bench or on loan to lesser clubs.

Seeing as Higuain is leaving Real Madrid because he never felt wanted there Arsenal are playing with fire a bit publicly pursuing Suarez. Unless this is all pre planned. Hopefully they fudge up and get neither.

Wages would probably be a problem but we've got players like Vertongen and (I think) Modric by showing them they're very wanted. It's not always just money for players (not saying that in relation to Higuain).

With Arsenal’s interest reportedly veering from Gonzalo Higuain to Luis Suarez, it appears Arsene Wenger could be outmanoeuvred for the Argentine striker by Napoli.

Italian paper Tuttosport reveal today that Napoli are interested in signing Higuain to replace PSG-bound Edinson Cavani.

Reports suggest Cavani will sign on in Paris today, leaving Napoli eager to bring in a replacement. Brazilian Leandro Damiao was thought to be first choice for Rafa Benitez, but Higuain is a more than decent alternative.

Napoli are expected to offer around 30 million euros for Higuain who is reportedly keen for a new challenge away from the Bernabeu.

Arsenal had reportedly agreed personal terms with Higuain but have yet to offer anything near the fee Real Madrid are looking for.

Higuain is due to meet with Carlo Ancelotti today, on the first day of Real Madrid pre-season training to discuss his future at the club.

Napoli are considering a double swoop on Real Madrid as they are also keen on Los Blancos defender Raul Albiol and may make a move for both players in the coming days.

Previously, Juventus were thought to be the only other suitors for Higuain, besides Arsenal, but their signing of Carlos Tevez has ruled the Old Lady out the race.

In a transfer move that is close to becoming a saga, this may well be just another hint from Real Madrid to Arsenal to ensure they get a higher fee for Higuain.

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews 2m

Sky sources: Manchester United to make £35m offer for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas

---

Others were claiming yesterday that they'd met Fellaini's release clause. Is there room for both?

I think we could do a deal with Real for Higuain. We tell them to pay half Higuains wages and they can have first option on Bale in a season or twos time. Not sure what Higuains wages are but I imagine 100k maybe a bit more.

Although it seems Arsenal would receive half the fee, not so wowzer. That pretty much means Barca selling Fabregas for £17.5m, not going to happen ... especially since they've just sold Thiago. It strikes me as a leaked story to appease Utd's fans.

No way we could accommodate Higuains wages, just no way.

why not a season long loan deal - Madrid paying a small percentage of the wages???? win - win-

Higuain gets regular footie - Madrid get a semi decent loan fee - we get our striker with a view to possible permanent deal or Madrid get him back after he's showcased for a season.

if we are in partnership and they want special dibs on bale then they can do some legwork.....let us have one season of bale & higuain......

Why do we want a loan? We need to build a squad here otherwise we will be in the same position next summer.

Why do we want a loan? We need to build a squad here otherwise we will be in the same position next summer.

someone of Higuains ability isnt going to join us perm without CL

however a loan = us getting a top class forward/Higuain getting games to prove he is still class/CL qualification (hopefully!)

then next summer we have CL qualification and a carrot to offer to a new "top" striker

someone of Higuains ability isnt going to join us perm without CL

however a loan = us getting a top class forward/Higuain getting games to prove he is still class/CL qualification (hopefully!)

then next summer we have CL qualification and a carrot to offer to a new "top" striker

I see you're point but I'm not really in favour of loans for key positions as I'd rather build a squad and style of play. Changing one position could mean a significant re-shuffle.

I see you're point but I'm not really in favour of loans for key positions as I'd rather build a squad and style of play. Changing one position could mean a significant re-shuffle.

in this hypothetical instance - getting in a player of Higuains level for a year and thus increasing our chances of Champions League qualification would mean we have a better chance of recruiting a top level striker this time next season... id prefer that than to compromise by shopping in a smaller market now

I think there will be a club willing to pay Real what they want for Higuain if they still want to get rid of him. Makes more sense than loaning him out.

Potentially, possibly, maybe, hypothetically, perhaps we could get them to prefer sending him to us as a way to butter us up over Bale at some point in the future, but I think that's unlikely.

Emirates Marketing Project have agreed a £23.3 million plus add-ons deal with Fiorentina for attacker Stevan Jovetic, Goal can reveal.

The 23-year-old's agent, Fali Ramadani, is set to travel to Manchester to meet with City sporting director Txiki Begiristain in the next 24 hours, with club officials confident of completing the move following those talks.

City have agreed to a package that meets Fiorentina's €30m (£26m) asking price, with €27m (£23.3m) set to be paid up front and a further €3m (£2.6m) to be paid in performance-related bonuses.

Jovetic visited the Fanfani Medical Centre in Florence for tests on Monday, accompanied by the Serie A side's doctor, Jacopo Giuliattini.

City, who have sent a large group of staff to South Africa as part of their pre-season tour, also conducted similar assessments on Jesus Navas in Seville before his £18.5m move to the Etihad Stadium in June.

Jovetic was later followed by Mario Gomez, who is set to complete his transfer from Bayern Munich to the Florence outfit imminently.

Ramadani met with Begiristain at Mottram Hall last week to discuss terms, with City set to pay Jovetic an £80,000-a-week salary package on arrival in Manchester.

The clubs have maintained a good relationship harboured following Stefan Savic's move from Manchester to Fiorentina last summer.

City also hope to secure Alvaro Negredo, whom they have targeted in an attempted double swoop with Jovetic.

www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transf...ity-agree-233-million-fee-with-fiorentina-for

Back