• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

I think it's fudged. Probably the right decision, but probably isn't good enough for me to decide a match on a hot spot that didn't show much at all.

I hate all forms of video replays in sport except the NFL and goals in the NHL.

I think that'll hurt the Aussies, will be tough to come back now.

The ball is past the bat. Or is snicko mysteriously delayed?

u6ahubuz.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373811431.030931.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373811431.030931.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The ball is past the bat. Or is snicko mysteriously delayed?

u6ahubuz.jpg

He hit it alright. I heard the snick and called it immediately. Hot spot showed a mark and his bat was nowhere near his pad. Snicko also clearly showed he hit it. Even the biased Aussies accept he hit it.

He hit it alright. I heard the snick and called it immediately. Hot spot showed a mark and his bat was nowhere near his pad. Snicko also clearly showed he hit it. Even the biased Aussies accept he hit it.

How can you be so 100% sure? Even Anderson said he didn't hear anything.

How do you explain the image?

Theres nothing else the sound could be other than an edge.

Nothing else? Why not? When hot spot doesn't show much and snicko shows the sound comes after the ball passes the bat (not that the 3rd umpire can see snicko), how can anyone be sure enough to overturn the umpire's decision and not give the batsman the benefit of the doubt?

He might have knocked it, but everything I saw was inconclusive and not enough to give a dismissal.

Nothing else? Why not? When hot spot doesn't show much and snicko shows the sound comes after the ball passes the bat (not that the 3rd umpire can see snicko), how can anyone be sure enough to overturn the umpire's decision and not give the batsman the benefit of the doubt?

He might have knocked it, but everything I saw was inconclusive and not enough to give a dismissal.

I heard the snick frm TV. He clearly hit it. Bat no where nrear pad. The third umpire had audio and there was a sound as the bat passed the ball. He was Brown trout! Mate, even that idiot Gilbert and Tubby accepted that he hit it.

Fantastic test match, great finish and I must give great credit to the Aussies for a fantastic performance, I hope the other 4 tests are as good as this one...

England need to not rely on Jimmy so much, I think Finn will be dropped for Bresnan or Onions at Lords

How can you be so 100% sure? Even Anderson said he didn't hear anything.

How do you explain the image?

The snick is slightly past the middle of the timeline, the ball is slightly past the bat. Go back a few ms and I suspect it will look different.

Poor from England - they should never have eased off and let that go to day 5.

I can only assume Finn had money on an Aussie win.

They shouldn't use sound in a DRS. it could literally be anything. We've all heard stories of wickies and slips fielders making a clicking sound as the ball flies past the bat.

But hot spot was conclusive IMO.

Where is the mic for snicko located? Could the disparity between visual and audio be simply the time it takes for that sound to reach the mic? I apreciate we aren't talking metres away but the framing is in 10ths or 100ths of a second isn't it?

There was one in an earlier innings when the noise was after the image too.

Where is the mic for snicko located? Could the disparity between visual and audio be simply the time it takes for that sound to reach the mic? I apreciate we aren't talking metres away but the framing is in 10ths or 100ths of a second isn't it?

There was one in an earlier innings when the noise was after the image too.

Spot on, which is exactly why the umpire doesn't get to use snicko - it's too inaccurate.

As I said, I think the noise came from his bat, but no one can be sure. I'm not just a bitter Aussie, I just find it frustrating that a decision like the decides the test match. And if it was the other way round, you lot would feel the same way.

Spot on, which is exactly why the umpire doesn't get to use snicko - it's too inaccurate.

As I said, I think the noise came from his bat, but no one can be sure. I'm not just a bitter Aussie, I just find it frustrating that a decision like the decides the test match. And if it was the other way round, you lot would feel the same way.

He hit it, he was out, get over it....

England got the worst end of the decisions in this test and we still won...

I love how you English finally have an ounce of superiority over the Aussies, probably for the first time in your fifty(?) years of life marky and you carry on like you're the best cricketing nation ever, with a GHod given right to success! And the gloating, it's pathetic!

It's all a bit Chelsea.

Fella try being an English man living in Australia. Then you'll understand gloating.
This just a little payback for what Aussies have been doing it for years.

I love how you English finally have an ounce of superiority over the Aussies, probably for the first time in your fifty(?) years of life marky and you carry on like you're the best cricketing nation ever, with a GHod given right to success! And the gloating, it's pathetic!

It's all a bit Chelsea.

If you actually knew anything about cricket rather than just posting purely as a WUM who knows nothing you would know that weve been ranked above the aussies for years now in all forms of the game and have won the last 2 ashes series and 3 out of last 4 and to be fair its close between SA and us who is the best currently

Living where you do you wouldnt understand the rivalry between the aussies and us in sports, you simply dont have anything to compare it to

I'm Australian man. How would you know where I'm from? I grew up idolising Damien Martyn and was a handy cricketer myself.. I know plenty about the rivalry and how quickly you lot turned from constant patsies to 'world beaters.' I just find it amusing is all..

I must say though, the players who had to suffer through humiliation; Botham, David Lloyd, Nasser Hussain, Michael Vaughan are generally quite humble and modest, as they should be .. But you fans really do take the cake :ross:

Back