• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

I just bought my first ever road bike after years of mountain/hybrid bikes. I'm really struggling to get the geometry sorted (Saddle, reach etc.) any (sensible) advice? I wouldn't mind getting fitted for it, biut at £200 a pop it's a bit much

Absolute flimflam out there today. No way an anorexic climber like Froome should be able to compete with Tony Martin on a flat time trial.
From a physiologically sports science point of view it makes no sense.

Absolute flimflam out there today. No way an anorexic climber like Froome should be able to compete with Tony Martin on a flat time trial.

Maybe he is just brilliant Froome and doesnt get enough credit

I have said it before and will say it again, im in love with cavendish but the amount of respect for martin i have is amazing, i honestly think he is the greatest time trialler the world has ever seen.

He has been posting times like that for awhile though. Are you on any cycling forums modric THFC? they are some good conversations going on with regards to team sky and doping.

Very interested to hear Brailsford come out and say that clean racing times will soon beat the doping era times due to the progress made in sports science.

Cavendish got tinkle thrown at him today

I seen, beeen busy so could not watch the stage live, just got back from France and apart from too fudging expensive was amazing to see the stages in the South.
Cav is a better man then me because i would have got off and smacked the crap out of anyone who did that.

Not to mention the sht the day before which was like a pro foul in football when one of Griepels lead out men does a quick little look and sees cav's line then rides into it so cav has to go around him then the dingdonghead changes line again and then accuses cav of causing the crash.

Taking my love for cav out of it that was some cynical brick and it seems their that scared of cav racing side by side on the flat that they are now resorting to using lesser team mates to block him out at the start of the sprints.

I have been saying it for months but Renshaw who said he is leaving his team will be with cav next year for sure to lead him out for the sprints and seeng as sky did not take eisel he could have done a better job getting cav to the line then the useless ****s in omega are doing, hell i think even i would fancy my chances delivering him to the finish.

Got some great shots of omega at Nice they went round 5 times on the warm up more then any other team so i guess they really wanted that stage.

Maybe he is just brilliant Froome and doesnt get enough credit

If he was clean then he's up there with the best of all time.
He climbs like Pantini yet time trials like Indurain.
I think the fact he's not getting the plaudits he would deserve if clean shows what most commentators really think.

He has been posting times like that for awhile though. Are you on any cycling forums modric THFC? they are some good conversations going on with regards to team sky and doping.

Very interested to hear Brailsford come out and say that clean racing times will soon beat the doping era times due to the progress made in sports science.

Tony Martin did the 3rd fast tdf time trial of all time today (only LeMond's down hill tt and David Millar's 2003 epo run beating him) and yet Froome was on to beat him until he turned in a headwind in the last section.

I do take an occasionally look at the madness of the cyclingnews clinic forum but unlike them I dont think team Sky are the new US Postal. I think if Froome is doing something alone without team help. Brailsford has always come across as clueless on doping (coming from a track background) that I dont think he recognises it when its happening in front of him with Froome. Froome was due to be dropped from Team Sky at the end of 2011, when he suddenly turned into a superman at the last major race of the year.

Then you have rumours of the new doping product Aicar. The result of which is you burn a ridiculous amount of body fat when training using it. Then you look around and see how unhealthily skinny looking Froome is.

If Froome was just a typical skinny climber it wouldnt be half as supicious but where does he get his time trial power from. Its kinda like Mo Farah turning up and running Bolt close in the 100m.

is Cav on the wane?

for my money Sky and Froome are not doing anything illegal, not that whatever their secret is won't be outlawed in the future

is Cav on the wane?

for my money Sky and Froome are not doing anything illegal, not that whatever their secret is won't be outlawed in the future

Watching his sprints this year compared to last he is not timing them right and he is not as far down as he used to be, his size is one of his biggest assets and if he is lower he gets less wind.

Think he really needs to start feeling comfortable again within his team, but kittel is a great young cyclists that dutch guy van poppel/ looks pretty impressive as well for a 19 year old. Cav is at the age where he should be reaching his peak, he lost last year thank to team sky and this year because omega did not get their act together quick enough to get him a proper train.

Though today he lost far and sqaure and im not sure if his obsession with getting his weight down is costing him in the final metres.

Froome starting to remind me more and more of Rasmussen.

WljDWwM.jpg

Froome starting to remind me more and more of Rasmussen.

WljDWwM.jpg

hmm, i thought i hd done well droping weight for my little ride this summer, not that it seemed to help me any. Good article in the times today on Froome well worth a read if you the any left in your local paper shop mate.

Also on cav he did have a spell of bronchitis at the start of the tour, i think next year if he does not race all of the giro and has renshaw back as has been talked about then he can easily pick up more stages, whether he can ever win the green again with sagan around i doubt it, which makes me think he should have gone out of them more seriously at the start of his career.

But maybe like Kittel it is just better to keep all the energy for the stage victories. I certainly do not see him becoming a classics rider like sean kelly has been talking about.

Back