• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Re: Kyle Walker to Chelsea

Selling walker would be a mistake. Selling him to those fudges would be an even bigger one.

I'd be open to it if we had someone lined up, not really sure who's out there though so probably best to just stick with him and hope he stops making dumb decisions.

I'd be open to it if we had someone lined up, not really sure who's out there though so probably best to just stick with him and hope he stops making dumb decisions.

This is probably the best compromise.. But he's just so thick, I don't think he'll ever learn.

Being English makes him a keeper surely, selling Hudd, Parker, possibly Defoe means we are getting quite low on quota players.

Being English makes him a keeper surely, selling Hudd, Parker, possibly Defoe means we are getting quite low on quota players.

Walker, Naughton, Caulker, Carroll, Townsend, Rose, Bale, Lennon.

There's eight, and i've probably forgotten someone.

I would do it if we bought someone like Seamus Coleman for around 7-8m and we got Lukaku in exchange for Walker

He joined Reading as a youngster in 2005 and left them in 2010.

So he has spent the required 3 years in the english youth system to be labelled as home-grown

Homegrown my arse. This is an obvious case of mislabeling. How can someone from Iceland be classed as homegrown? (no supermarket jokes please)

Last edited:

Homegrown my arse. This is an obvious case of mislabeling. How can someone from Iceland be classed as homegrown? (no supermarket jokes please)

isnt the 'homegrown' rule simply where you have to have been trained by the club for 3 years before the age of 19 or something like that? I imagine he was at Reading since 16 or younger.

bit like Fabregas would have been considered home grown at Arsenal.

isnt the 'homegrown' rule simply where you have to have been trained by the club for 3 years before the age of 19 or something like that? I imagine he was at Reading since 16 or younger.

bit like Fabregas would have been considered home grown at Arsenal.

In the Premier League, home grown rules state player have to have been with a club (any FA club, doesn't have to be Spurs) under the english FA three years between the age of 15-21.
Nationality doesn't matter, if club want to have 25 senior players registered 8 of these need to be home grown.

UEFA rules are stricter, also there 8 players need to be home grown to have a squad of 25 senior players.
But UEFA also demand that 4 of these 8 are club trained - 3 years at club (Spurs) between age of 15-21.
UEFA also has a rule that U21 players count as seniors and need to be registere if they haven't been with the club for 2 years or more.
So if we sign an 18 year old he need to be registered on the 25 man list to be eligible to play.

I can't believe Chelsea would be interested in Walker, but I'd happily ship him out for the figures quoted (£15M).

It's difficult, top class full-backs are rare, so it's probably a case of (even more than normal) finding a player who fits the system and can just do his job. For me, that's not Walker, particularly with Bale likely ahead of him. We just need someone who can defend properly and get the ball out to Bale, quickly and precisely.

I know this is slightly hollow without suggestions, but I only know the Premier League, and can't think of anyone suitable from there, apart from perhaps Maicon. I'd need to see more of him to form a proper opinion, but he looked interesting (at least pre-City) and he's available, albeit a relatively short term solution.

I can't believe Chelsea would be interested in Walker, but I'd happily ship him out for the figures quoted (£15M).

It's difficult, top class full-backs are rare, so it's probably a case of (even more than normal) finding a player who fits the system and can just do his job. For me, that's not Walker, particularly with Bale likely ahead of him. We just need someone who can defend properly and get the ball out to Bale, quickly and precisely.

I know this is slightly hollow without suggestions, but I only know the Premier League, and can't think of anyone suitable from there, apart from perhaps Maicon. I'd need to see more of him to form a proper opinion, but he looked interesting (at least pre-City) and he's available, albeit a relatively short term solution.

Maicon has never struck me as a player who can defend, he's a marauding fullback who is far more effective going forward.

I'd give Walker at least another season, if he still can't remove the lapses in concentration and learn to defend properly at 24 it's unlikely he ever will. The jury is still out for me but there is still the possibility he could develop into an excellent player although that he really needs to show some major developments in his all round game over the coming months.

Back