• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should now be in for Michu, if he by any chance wants to leave Swansea (unlikely, but still). I'm sure he'd cost less than 25 million for Benteke, and to be honest his character, intelligence and movement are all streets ahead of the Villa man. Not sure if he can play up front on his own (seem to remember him moving forward from deep for Swansea), but if he can we should at least throw an enquiry Swansea's way, imo.

a few million less but not much. You say his intelligence and movement are streets ahead of the Villa man, so dont you think the Swansea chairman thinks the same and thinks if Benteke is being rated in the 25 mill range, then his Michu is worth at least that??

Michu is a player who plays from deep, AVB wants a striker to lead the line and is a completly different player.

Michu was highly recommended to Spurs but Redknapp and his scouts turned him down....great decision:eek:

they also said Giroud wasnt even good enough for the Championship didn't they?

rejected Suarez too, not what we needed apparently.:eek: Ok Suarez is a knob, but as a player we could have done with him, even if we had VDV at the time. Suarez scores, creates, causes havoc, on a playing basis it was wrong to reject signing him.......of course he bites people, dives, is a racist, but heyho sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth:)

a few million less but not much. You say his intelligence and movement are streets ahead of the Villa man, so dont you think the Swansea chairman thinks the same and thinks if Benteke is being rated in the 25 mill range, then his Michu is worth at least that??

Benteke is being driven largely by hype over his 'potential', with people forgiving his errors of judgement and quite frequently limited ball control on the grounds that "he'll be the next Drogba in a few years". His youth and his ability to improve probably add a huge amount to the transfer fee by themselves.

Michu won't get much better than he is now, and was bought for considerably less than Benteke, meaning Swansea will easily get seven or eight times the money they paid for him (2 million, I believe) even at 14 or 16 million, whereas even selling Benteke at 25 million will only net Villa 3.5 times the amount they originally paid for him (7 million, reportedly). Hence my suggestion that Michu would be cheaper: the lack of youth, and the profitability margins for Swansea.

Benteke is being driven largely by hype over his 'potential', with people forgiving his errors of judgement and quite frequently limited ball control on the grounds that "he'll be the next Drogba in a few years". His youth and his ability to improve probably add a huge amount to the transfer fee by themselves.

Michu won't get much better than he is now, and was bought for considerably less than Benteke, meaning Swansea will easily get seven or eight times the money they paid for him (2 million, I believe) even at 14 or 16 million, whereas even selling Benteke at 25 million will only net Villa 3.5 times the amount they originally paid for him (7 million, reportedly). Hence my suggestion that Michu would be cheaper: the lack of youth, and the profitability margins for Swansea.

transfers dont work like that.....do you think if Spurs had signed Michu for 2 mill and after one great season Man utd came for him then Levy would be happy to sell for 15 mill??

transfers dont work like that.....do you think if Spurs had signed Michu for 2 mill and after one great season Man utd came for him then Levy would be happy to sell for 15 mill??

Thats why I suggested it in conjunction with the 'no youth' factor.

Said last summer we should have signed him decent goal record in holland was obvious he'd do well over here

Said last summer we should have signed him decent goal record in holland was obvious he'd do well over here

That's what ****es me off- £26m for Soldado and there were always question marks over how well he'd do in English football and £13m for Bony who when he was made followed the' perfect PL centre viewer's blueprint

That's what ****es me off- £26m for Soldado and there were always question marks over how well he'd do in English football and £13m for Bony who when he was made followed the' perfect PL centre viewer's blueprint

No one is guaranteed to do well, no matter the cost, their reputation or previous record. There's every chance that Bony would have struggled in our team as it wasn't just Soldado that was struggling - we were ****e all around.

Like Kezman and that brazilian that Middlesborough signed?

Hindsight is great, using success in Dutch football as a yardstick has proved to be somewhat hit and miss.

Like Kezman and that brazilian that Middlesborough signed?

Hindsight is great, using success in Dutch football as a yardstick has proved to be somewhat hit and miss.

If they have the right club they'll succeed. I think if Kezman went to Man Utd, he'd have been a star..

Afonso Alves wasn't even bad, he came in January for Boro I believe and scored goals. It was just the year after. But then again, still, maybe Middlesbrough wasnt the right club for him.

No one is guaranteed to do well, no matter the cost, their reputation or previous record. There's every chance that Bony would have struggled in our team as it wasn't just Soldado that was struggling - we were ****e all around.

Nobody is guaranteed, but definately certain types of striker will suit English football more and therefore have a higher chance of doing well, whereas if a striker doesn't have those attributes they will have to make up for it with something outstanding elsewhere, and I mean oustanding, such as Berbatov, Bergkamp, Sheringham's level of vision and technique.

The attributes i'd look for in a successful Premiership striker are the following (preferrably all of them, but a combination of 3 or 4 of them would probably go a long way):

*height
*strength
*pace
*stamina/fitness
*work-rate
*ability to play with your back to goal
*ability to receive strong challenges and retain the ball
*heading ability
*ability to take quick shots in tight areas under pressure

Which of those attributes did Soldado have?

Soldado to me is Michael Owen without pace or the same level of coolness infront of goal, which to be is pretty useless in the Premiership.

Bony on the other hand had a lot of those attributes so while it wasn't guaranteed, as nothing is, i think he'd have a good chance of being a successful Premiership striker and so it proved with Swansea last season.

Is bony really that much of an upgrade on Adebayor? Im talking player wise not attitude wise!

I think Adebayor will be the main man for Pochettino and I really can not see us buying a striker unless someone offers us decent money for Soldado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back