• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david

Spurs hope to sign Benteke. Depends on fee + other clubs keen. Will develop next week & likely to be straight cash, no player exchange #thfc

well it'd have to be next week, didn't villa say if nothing happens next week he's staying?

well it'd have to be next week, didn't villa say if nothing happens next week he's staying?

A Villa statement read: "Having received his transfer request, we have also informed him that should we receive an offer within an appropriate timeframe during preseason which meets our valuation we would act upon it.

An appropriate time frame. Couldn't be much more vague.

A Villa statement read: "Having received his transfer request, we have also informed him that should we receive an offer within an appropriate timeframe during preseason which meets our valuation we would act upon it.

An appropriate time frame. Couldn't be much more vague.

During pre season - so imagine until start of season or he stays there. Which seems fair.

Ba's available for £7m according to the rags.

Ba £7m
Benteke £25m

It's a fudging no brainer.

JM is selling Ba (2 goals in 14 games) because he thinks he is not a top four player, so why would we want him if we want to be top four.

This is a really good read and actually some fuel for the fire to those who are anti benteke or undecided......I still want him but its a humbling read.
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/655925443?-11179:5808

when you mentioned humbling i thought it was a piece detailing how cr@p he is :)

the fact that he might instigate another move in a year or twos time to a bigger club is only if he has been a roaring success at Spurs. So we will get our money back and simply go and find someone else

Berbatov stayed at Spurs for a two years (he wanted to leave after one) Modric was with us 4 years but after he had a couple of good seasons between 2009 and 2011 he wanted to leave on the back of them. Footballers nowadays are cnuts, and as fans we cant expect much loyalty

JM is selling Ba (2 goals in 14 games) because he thinks he is not a top four player, so why would we want him if we want to be top four.

because Mourinho also once said John Hartson is the best target man in the world and what he says shouldn't be taken as gospel. If a player improves what we have and is a very good striker, why not bring him in?

In fact that may actually help us if Mourinho doesn't think he's top 4 as Mourinho would think he wouldn't improve us to that level when in reality we all know he actually would.

because Mourinho also once said John Hartson is the best target man in the world and what he says shouldn't be taken as gospel. If a player improves what we have and is a very good striker, why not bring him in?

In fact that may actually help us if Mourinho doesn't think he's top 4 as Mourinho would think he wouldn't improve us to that level when in reality we all know he actually would.

John Hartson was crap as a all round player, however as a target man he was one of the best. As for Ba his knee could explode at any minute and he has already failed medicals wherever he has played.

John Hartson was crap as a all round player, however as a target man he was one of the best. As for Ba his knee could explode at any minute and he has already failed medicals wherever he has played.

so when was the last time Ba was out injured?

but it hasnt, and hasnt for the past 4 years...any footballer can suffer a serious knee injury. He has failed medicals and yet West ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelsea have all signed him. I really dont think its too much too worry about

Well it would worry me, and as i have said already he is not a top four player.

I agree but unfortunately we seem to be not a top four team. Thats the problem. Cant afford the fees it seems, cant afford the wages thats apparent and dont have the clout to attract others.

Im just as guilty but when we, as a board, complain that someone like Gomez (who has scored a tonne for Bayern and before that Stuttgart) is not good enough to improve our team then we really have our work cut out to bring someone in who we can afford in fees and wages and can attract.

Ba may well be that type of player and hope he has a stellar season.

I'm not sure that is his reasons, if you have a quote I'd be happy to stand corrected.

I'd also like to know out of those 14 games, what his actual mins on the park were.

what, no gif of his miss against Spurs?

There's gifs of Ronaldo falling over the ball after attempting stepovers as well as RVP swinging at thin air missing the ball entirely then ending up on his arse, should we not sign them given the opportunity?

I'm fairly on the fence with this one, we should not buy a player for 20m+ when he moved for 6m the last year, that kind of transfer makes it apparent that our scouting team weren't up to scratch, should be able to find our own benteke, or just any fudging striker for the love of GHod. Do think the Belgian would make a great addition to our squad but at 20m any player should. Either come to an agreement with Villa that works for both parties or move on to other targets.

I'm fairly on the fence with this one, we should not buy a player for 20m+ when he moved for 6m the last year, that kind of transfer makes it apparent that our scouting team weren't up to scratch, should be able to find our own benteke, or just any fudging striker for the love of GHod. Do think the Belgian would make a great addition to our squad but at 20m any player should. Either come to an agreement with Villa that works for both parties or move on to other targets.

similar, on the fence re Benteke

don't agree re scouting, fact is, taking a punt is very rarely worthwhile for top teams.If we had bought Benteke last season for 6M, he probably wouldn't have had a break out season, he wouldn't have got the playing time, pressure of playing at a different level, etc.

The Sandro, Lloris, Dembele, Vert type purchase is what makes sense for us, not a 19-21 year unproven player, an early 20's with international and some level of proven output, likely price range 9-16M.

We don't have the money for 30M+ absolute top tier players, we should avoid the Benteke/Carroll type overprice buy, and taking a punt on a cheap youngster (unless we plan to loan them out for two seasons) is unlikely to work either.

Back