• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Premier League to dam river?

All they're doing is forcing people into learning how to use proxies.

The EPL is broadcast legally all over the world - people will just find ways to be in that country.

Exactly. And with Smart DNS you can now have the functionality of a proxy but without any slowdown of internet speed.

For example I used Overplay.net for SmartDNS ($5 per month) then ADMCSport.com to view the officially licensed Abu Dhabi Media Company streams ($90 per year).
Basically every game show live in HD quality, official iPhone / iPad apps the lot.

Crazy really that this is available in Abu Dhabi, but not in the UK where the games are actually played.

What's the legality of this getting around the system? If its 100% legal, I can't understand why anyone would want to pay out for Sky. A large reason for us having Sky is down to Premiership football.

They need to come up with a model where internet income replaces tv income. Television is dying, streaming on demand is the future.

true but that model opens up a can of worms and a slew of non traditional media companies...not sure if the EPL will jump in yet when Hollywood and the record industry is still struggling.

Sky do have a PPV service now (NOW TV). It's a bit of a rip-off at £10 per day but we couldn't expect it to be cheaper than a Sky Sports package as that would undermine the whole contract.

All they're doing is forcing people into learning how to use proxies.

The EPL is broadcast legally all over the world - people will just find ways to be in that country.

Yeah, this and half-baked anti-piracy measures are forcing a lot of normal people onto the darknet, which makes it harder for authorities to try and police the kiddy fiddlers and terrorists who traditionally frequent that.

Exactly. And with Smart DNS you can now have the functionality of a proxy but without any slowdown of internet speed.

For example I used Overplay.net for SmartDNS ($5 per month) then ADMCSport.com to view the officially licensed Abu Dhabi Media Company streams ($90 per year).
Basically every game show live in HD quality, official iPhone / iPad apps the lot.

Crazy really that this is available in Abu Dhabi, but not in the UK where the games are actually played.

I'd be interested to know more about this. Do you have a link whereby it will show me how it is done please. Dummies guide would be brilliant.

Football is stuck in the stone age in so, so many areas.

The simple fact is that as long as 3pm games can't be shown in the UK on TV, people will watch them online.

I envision a bunch of old politicians gathered together in a room trying to come up with new ways to police the internet, and wondering why the public thinks their out of touch.
The internet can not be tamed, it's ours not theirs.

Here in Norway I've been able to stream every spurs match legally, the same channel that has the rights for the premier league also run a web based channel package where you could choose from all the games. But from the 13/14 season they are no longer allowed to show more than one match at the same time, so now I'll just have to hope they show spurs on the telly. We have had alot of sunday games the last coupple of years so I'll probably get to see a few games, but I can't legally watch all of them anymore. yet, if I stream them from somewhere else, I'm a criminal....

I'd easily pay £20-30 a month just to watch Spurs, or something like £5-10 per game. I have however no interest in paying for a package that includes no more than half our games AND keeps those useless tossers called pundits employed.

I MIGHT watch Stoke-Sunderland on a river of pirates IF I have nothing else to do AND it doesn't cost me anything. I don't need MNF or Suuuuuper Duuuuuper Sunday, I just want to watch Spurs. I don't really care about watching our closest rivals either. Their matches usually depress me.

I think the PL is under immense pressure from Sky to keep things as they are. Greatest league in the world, blah blah blah. Sky are probably terrified of even looking at alternatives to what has so far been a money making machine for them.

As long as the prices are right they shouldn't lose too much from casual viewers, but they would definitely gain from those that are fans and desperate to watch THEIR team.

They could even charge more for the big games, though that might open up a much bigger can of worms: Distribution of the income.

Don't understand why the Prem just don't give you the opportunity to buy a "season ticket" for your club every season so you can watch your club every week on TV. They have the cameras there, we know that. They'd probably make a lot of money too.

Don't understand why the Prem just don't give you the opportunity to buy a "season ticket" for your club every season so you can watch your club every week on TV. They have the cameras there, we know that. They'd probably make a lot of money too.

And sky could increase profits, pass some of that to clubs, who could reduce ticket.prices, thus not affecting attendances..

Or is that just idealistic bs?!

They can block them all, I'm still not gonna pay the rip off prices Sky want. All I want to do is watch Tottenham games, I couldn't give a toss about the England national team, the ashes, the rugby, la liga, golf, badmiton, volleyball or what other brick they want. I could easily live without Sky Sports News aswell if it wasn't part of our free package.

Sod of Rupert Murdoch and sod off the channel that ruined football!

I'd easily pay £20-30 a month just to watch Spurs, or something like £5-10 per game. I have however no interest in paying for a package that includes no more than half our games AND keeps those useless tossers called pundits employed.

I MIGHT watch Stoke-Sunderland on a river of pirates IF I have nothing else to do AND it doesn't cost me anything. I don't need MNF or Suuuuuper Duuuuuper Sunday, I just want to watch Spurs. I don't really care about watching our closest rivals either. Their matches usually depress me.

I think the PL is under immense pressure from Sky to keep things as they are. Greatest league in the world, blah blah blah. Sky are probably terrified of even looking at alternatives to what has so far been a money making machine for them.

As long as the prices are right they shouldn't lose too much from casual viewers, but they would definitely gain from those that are fans and desperate to watch THEIR team.

They could even charge more for the big games, though that might open up a much bigger can of worms: Distribution of the income.

That's the problem you could end up with a situation like there is in Spain and Italy, where the big teams hog all the TV money.

I think that the issue other than broadcasting Sat 3pm games is that the clubs haven't agreed a deal. My understanding is that several of the big clubs want to be able to sell their rights on their own whereas the smaller clubs would prefer a package like there is for TV rights.

I think that the issue other than broadcasting Sat 3pm games is that the clubs haven't agreed a deal. My understanding is that several of the big clubs want to be able to sell their rights on their own whereas the smaller clubs would prefer a package like there is for TV rights.

The smaller clubs are right to be worried about this scenario. If each team is given the rights to its own matches then all semblance of competition would disappear rather quickly. The divide between the top and bottom would become a chasm overnight. But thankfully I believe the PL is thinking along these lines already and will not destroy their own product by allowing this to happen.

Ive just got rid of my sky. £70 a month and we are economising... It was the first thing to go. I only really watched Spurs... We have Europa League on TV anyway.

After the pub in Portsmouth won their legal battle over the use of foreign boxes I thought that would be the way ahead, have Sky appealed it because it's all gone quiet?

They should do what they do in the US and sell matches on a team by team basis but blackout the matches that are on Sky (which will likely be all the big derbies/important matches)

Back