• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Samsung Galaxy S4

Just finished speaking to EE. The deal we've got is amazing. 4G out the box, was meant to cost £46 a month but they reduced it by 40% so it's only £27.60 pm.

Unlimited texts, unlimited minutes and 3 GB of data. Got the phone for free, but it's out of stock at the moment as everyone wants it so gonna have to wait up to 5 days to receive it. They charged me to cancel my contract though, which was £81 (my contract finishes in September and I'm currently on £31 a month)

I am so happy.

You still have to pay up for the phone. Doesn't look like you'd get a phone more often at a lower price from what I can see here...

Yeah just looked at it and you basically save on termination on this refresh contract.

Example:

Standard 24 month contract @ 32 quid pm would cost 384 to terminate after 1yr

Refresh 24 month contract @32 pm would cost 180 to terminate after 1 yr

I can see the appeal but thats still a large chunk of cash to cough up to get a new contract. May look more into it though.

EDIT: ok so basically the O2 Refresh contract is split into 2 payments (15 + 17 = 32)
The 15 pm is your phone plan and the 17pm is the airtime plan. When you change phones you just pay the remaining phone plan instead of the whole contract, staying on the same contract and starting a new phone plan with your new phone.

Not as confusing as i made it sound and pretty good idea i think

Last edited:
Yeah just looked at it and you basically save on termination on this refresh contract.

Example:

Standard 24 month contract @ 32 quid pm would cost 384 to terminate after 1yr

Refresh 24 month contract @32 pm would cost 180 to terminate after 1 yr

I can see the appeal but thats still a large chunk of cash to cough up to get a new contract. May look more into it though.

I still don't think it would make it worth upgrading after a year if you still have to pay lots of money, e.g. £600 for the latest SGS4. If you can negotiate a good deal with your network like we've done then it works out much more in your favour.

Just finished speaking to EE. The deal we've got is amazing. 4G out the box, was meant to cost £46 a month but they reduced it by 40% so it's only £27.60 pm.

Unlimited texts, unlimited minutes and 3 GB of data. Got the phone for free, but it's out of stock at the moment as everyone wants it so gonna have to wait up to 5 days to receive it. They charged me to cancel my contract though, which was £81 (my contract finishes in September and I'm currently on £31 a month)

I am so happy.

Nice one!! But just shows how much they rip you off if they can reduce it by as much as 40%

I still don't think it would make it worth upgrading after a year if you still have to pay lots of money, e.g. £600 for the latest SGS4. If you can negotiate a good deal with your network like we've done then it works out much more in your favour.

That would be sone serious negotiating tho to get a good deal when you still have 12months on a contract... 3-4 months maybe.
Plus an S4 would still fetch around 400 quid if you flogged it after 12months so you would get a new phone plus a couple hundred in your pocket :)

I think most people have converted by now. BBM's definitely past its peak number of users.

Google just announced 'hangout' for Web, android and ios - cross platform cloud messaging. Makes sense blackberry trying to beat them to the punch by announcing BBM now - looks like they're going to have more competition than just WhatsApp now.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

I don't use BBM any more or not as much as I used to - simply because people have moved on from Blackberrys. I tend to use whatsapp a lot more now as it is cross-platform and is easier to use.

I like Blackberrys simply because they're made well.

I don't use BBM any more or not as much as I used to - simply because people have moved on from Blackberrys. I tend to use whatsapp a lot more now as it is cross-platform and is easier to use.

I like Blackberrys simply because they're made well.

Most of my friends that have moved on from Blackberrys moved on not just because everybody has WhatsApp, but because they're the only phones that seem to break, and sem extremely unreliable. It's not a rare occasion you'll see a Blackberry with bits hanging off.

Most of my friends that have moved on from Blackberrys moved on not just because everybody has WhatsApp, but because they're the only phones that seem to break, and sem extremely unreliable. It's not a rare occasion you'll see a Blackberry with bits hanging off.

Admittedly before the current portfolio of products I would agree they werent the most well made of products but they have upped their game. The feel, the buttons and the displays are all just very very good and id say classy.

I guess its all a matter of preference. I do like the HTC One and how it feels in the hand etc - so that I think is my next phone.

I had the Blackberry Bold a few yrs ago before I went to iPhone and then Galaxy. Within 6 months the joystick you use to navigate the phone (there is no other button to do this) was nakered and the phone was unusable... Then i cracked the screen on a building sight and had to chuck it.
All our management at work have BBs tho as work phones

She finally arrived this morning.

Now I have to say guys, I know I've hyped this phone up to be such a big deal, but...

IT'S fudging AMAZING I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ANY MORE EVERYONE OF YOU GO AND BUY IT FOR YOUR UPGRADE

Yes it feels plasticky when you pull it out the box, but once you turn that girl on the last thing you're thinking about is the way it feels.

She finally arrived this morning.

Now I have to say guys, I know I've hyped this phone up to be such a big deal, but...

IT'S fudging AMAZING I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ANY MORE EVERYONE OF YOU GO AND BUY IT FOR YOUR UPGRADE

Yes it feels plasticky when you pull it out the box, but once you turn that girl on the last thing you're thinking about is the way it feels.

Seriously :rolleyes: it's a phone... Not a girlfriend...

I call her Samantha or Sammy. She clearly likes when I stare because she always pauses what she's playing when I look away.

Back