• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stiliyan Petrov diagnosed with Leukemia, announces retirement

What on earth are you going on about? You do know cancer is the UK's biggest killer/premature killer? Is there a disease that you can more "insightfully" link with death? What is your point?

my point is very simple, cancer does not necessarily equal death.

Stillian Petrov

Seeing him interviewed on SSN has brought a lump to my throat and a tear to me eye, he looks in great spirits on his illness fight..

I wish him all the best and hope Stan fully recovers

Re: Stillian Petrov

my thoughts and well wishes are with him. a fantastic pro and quality player in his prime.

Havent seen it mate but read the BBC interview yesterday and just brings everything into perspective. Hope he makes it and wins his battle. True professional that footballers should aspire to.

I hope he fully recovers and will get playing again, haven't seen the interview but, he seems like he has a genuine love for the game in other interviews I've read.

It's not really a shock or surprise considering the illness and his football age.

You know, as footie fans I think sometimes we see players as products rather than human beings, difficult to explain what I'm trying to say here. Take Friedel for instance - ancient! but in real-life terms - a middleish-aged man. I saw the age of Petrov in footballing terms and thought "well, close to retiring" but in terms of life, he's actually still very young! And when we take the football out of it - it's terrible.

Reading about the game against the goons where the felt cold and weak - that is very very upsetting. The point where his life pretty much went upside down. We may even be able to see the clips of his substitution - the time his World changed...

1414099015088_wps_13_Daily_Mail_Sport_Former_A.jpg

Now playing for Wychall Wanderers in the Central Warwickshire Over 35s League.

theres a short video clip of him playing on youtube too. tbh, he looked a bit rubbish. but really nice story! and goodluck to him

Back