• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
No fancy words, no fancy photos, just flat out official match thread greatness.

We got a good draw against a good Chelsea team at a place we've never won at in my life time. But this is different, this game is MUCH more important. We win this, we pile pressure on Arsenal a few days later. In fact, Chelsea play the night before so we can ask for a favour from Aston Villa I suppose, they still aren't technically safe so they may want to squeeze a point or three to make sure they aren't going into the last day praying.

Usually, I'd take a point at the Britannia as I don't think it's a particularly easy place to go. Surprisingly we haven't got a bad record as I first thought. We beat them three years ago when Gudjohnsen and Kranjcar scored twice, we beat them two years ago when Bale scored a cracking goal of the season contender volley in to the top corner and a second a few minutes later. Last year, we were "robbed" by Foy, but we were the better team and we definitely should have got something from the game, Stoke haven't got anything to play for, but I don't think that will change anything, Pulis will still want his men to go out there and kick the living brick out of it, mostly Gareth Bale. Based on what I think Stoke will put out and how they play, I think we should go similar:

---------------------------------Lloris----------------------------------
---------------Caulker------Dawson------Vertonghen------------
Walker----------------------------------------------------------Ekotto
-----------------------------Huddlestone------------------------------
-----------------Holtby----------------------Sigurdsson--------------
--------------------------------Bale--------------------------------------
----------------------------Adebayor------------------------------------

Now you may be wondering, WHAT THE fudge am I thinking by changing brick up this late in the season, if it's not broken don't fix it and all that flimflam, but I remember last year at the Britannia, we switched it up to three at the back at half time and we dominated. We'll have enough cover at the back to fill in, as well as three dominant headers of the ball which will no doubt help us better with our dodgy set piece defending, our natural width then comes from Ekotto and Walker down the flanks, we have Huddlestone sitting and dictating with passes out wide to either men, we have two ball players just in front with Holtby and Sigurdsson (although, if Dembele is back I'd start him a head of Holtby for extra height).

We'd then have Bale moving across the top with Adebayor hopefully putting in another superb performance like the one away at Chelsea because we are certainly going to need it, we need someone to bully Stokes defence because they're a bunch of dirty fudges and they'll no doubt have a few kicks at both Adebayor and Bale early on. I have no doubt AVB won't go with this team however so here is how I think he will line up:

---------------------------------Lloris----------------------------------
Walker-------------Dawson----------Caulker--------Vertonghen
-----------------------------Huddlestone-----------------------------
------------------Parker--------------------Holtby-------------------
-----Bale--------------------Adebayor-----------------Sigurdsson

I think it's certain he'll play with that defence, he'll know the threat Stoke possess and Caulker will get a start alongside Dawson with Vertonghen coming in at left back. I think Huddlestone will keep his place, I think this would be a good game for him. Sadly, I think Parker will keep his place, if Dembele is fit I can also see him starting a head of Holtby, although I'd much rather he partnered Holtby in this case. Bale and Adebayor will obviously start, it's between Siggy, Dempsey and Lennon for the other spot but I don't think Lennon is fully fit and based on the last game, Sigurdsson deserves to start over Dempsey in my opinion.

I reckon we can do this. I'm going to go with a hard fought 1-2 win.

Sigurdsson and Bale with our goals. Walters with theirs.

This is the guy that had a go at my OMT? this particular OMT must be the brickest OMT in OMT history. Anyway...

------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------

Walker---------------Dawson---------Caulker------------Vertonghen

Lennon-------------Huddlestone-------Dembele-----------Sigurdsson

--------------------------------Bale-------------------------------

----------------------------Adebayor------------------------------

subs: Friedel, Naughton, Ekotto, Holtby, Dempsey, Parker, Defoe

Parker in for Dembele if he' not fit and i actually wouldn't mind Dempsey starting ahead of Sig for this one as we need as much aerial threat as possible (i'd prefer Siggy to start though).

You did well KD. A draw at Stamford Bridge is not to be sniffed at.

2880525497_558ff25a94_o.gif

A2385_zps63b3e302.jpg

Stoke City host Tottenham Hotspur at the Britannia Stadium on Sunday 12th May 2013 (KO 13:30) in the 37th round of 2012-13 Premier League matches.

Stoke come into the match in 11th place in the Premier League on 41 points with Spurs in 5th place on 66 points.

This will be the 85th time the two teams have met.

The first ever meeting came at the Victoria Ground when Stoke City were playing as Stoke FC in the old first round of the FA Cup in February 1896 in a match Stoke won 5-0.

Stoke had become one of the 12 founding members of the Football League in 1888 and the clubs were drawn together in the third round of the FA Cup in February 1899 at the Victoria Ground with Stoke winning 4-1.

The first match at White Hart Lane between the clubs was a friendly played in March 1900 with Spurs, then Champions of the Southern League, beating Stoke 6-0.

Spurs joined the Football League for the 1908-09 season, replacing Stoke who had resigned at the end of the previous season for financial reasons. The clubs didn't meet in a League match until April 1920 in the Second Division with Tottenham winning 2-0 at the Lane and 3-1 at the Victoria Ground.

The first meeting in Division One came in March 1923 at Stoke which resulted in a 0-0 draw. Spurs won the reverse fixture at the Lane a week later 3-1.

The clubs met for five seasons in the Second Division between 1928 to 1933 and for two seasons in Division One from 1934 to 1935.

After the Second World War, the clubs met in the modern FA Cup third round in January 1947 at White Hart Lane which resulted in a 2-2 draw with Stoke winning the replay 1-0 thanks to a Stanley Matthews goal.

Three years later, Spurs beat Stoke 1-0 away in the third round.

Spurs were Football League Champions in 1950-51 and beat Stoke 6-1 at home but could only draw 0-0 away during that season.

Every League game played between Spurs and Stoke since WW2 has taken place in the Top Flight, except for season 1977-78 when Spurs spent a single season in Division Two, beating Stoke 3-1 in both matches.

The clubs met in the FA Cup in January 1976 with a 1-1 draw at the Lane followed by a 2-1 win for Stoke in the replay.

Tottenham Hotspur were founder members of the Premier League in 1992-93 but Stoke City's first season in the competition only came in 2008-09 with Stoke winning 2-1 at the Britannia Stadium and Spurs winning 3-1 at the Lane.

During 2009-10, Stoke won 1-0 at White Hart Lane with Spurs winning 2-1 at the Britannia.

In 2010-11, Spurs did the "double" over Stoke, winning the away fixture 2-1 with a brace of goals from Gareth Bale and the home fixture 3-2 in April with a double from Peter Crouch and a Luka Modric goal.

The teams met for the first time in the Football League (Carling) Cup 3rd round in September 2011 at Stoke and the match finished in a goalless draw after extra time. Stoke went on to win the penalty shoot-out 7-6. Spurs youngster Massimo Luongo penalty was saved by Thomas Sorensen.

The 2011-12 Premier League game at the Britannia Stadium in December was won 2-1 by Stoke with a Matthew Etherington brace putting the Potters 2-0 up at half-time. Tottenham's Emmanuel Adebayor pulled a goal back from the penalty spot after 62 minutes but defender Younes Kaboul was sent-off after collecting two yellow cards.

The match at White Hart Lane in March 2012 resulted in a 1-1 draw. After a goalless first half, Cameron Jerome put the visitors ahead after 75 minutes but a Rafael van der Vaart header in the dying moments of the game ensured that honours were even.

The match at White Hart Lane in December 2012 finished in a goalless draw. The match had few clear-cut chances for either team.

Overall, Spurs have won 41 games, Stoke have won 23 games and the remaining 20 matches of the 83 played have been drawn.

Paul Allen
Garry Brooke
Joe Brough
George Clawley
Garth Crooks
Peter Crouch
Matthew Etherington
Ray Evans
Márton Fülöp
Eiður Guðjohnsen
Ken Hanc0ck

Archie Heggarty
Stephen Kelly
Fred Latham
Billy Leech
Gerry Mahon
Ian Moores

James Morton
Wilson Palacios
Tony Parks
Jimmy Robertson
Hans Segers
Paul Stewart

Charlie Wilson
Jonathan Woodgate

Last edited:
I'm not turning heel

I said you suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder a few days ago but this all makes sense now. So the posts you've made previously wasn't even your thoughts, you just copied them from elsewhere. To say that's weird is an understatement.

This is the guy that had a go at my OMT? this particular OMT must be the brickest OMT in OMT history. Anyway...

------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------

Walker---------------Dawson---------Caulker------------Vertonghen

Lennon-------------Huddlestone-------Dembele-----------Sigurdsson

--------------------------------Bale-------------------------------

----------------------------Adebayor------------------------------

subs: Friedel, Naughton, Ekotto, Holtby, Dempsey, Parker, Defoe

Parker in for Dembele if he' not fit and i actually wouldn't mind Dempsey starting ahead of Sig for this one as we need as much aerial threat as possible (i'd prefer Siggy to start though).

This. Wouldn't mind seeing Holtby alongside Dembele or Thudd either (if Mousa isn't fit)

COYS.

FREE SHIRTS FOR STOKE MATCH

STOKE CITY are calling on supporters to paint the Britannia Stadium red and white on Sunday . . . as they stage a big celebration of their 150th Anniversary.

Fans attending City’s final home match of the Barclays Premier League campaign against Champions League hopefuls Tottenham Hotspur will be given commemorative red and white shirts which the Club hope will either be worn or displayed before the game.

They are planning to create this colourful backdrop to the teams emerging from the tunnel for the live televised game, which has been designated as the 150th Anniversary Celebration, in a united show of pride at such a prestigious landmark in their history.

The shirts have been specially produced for the occasion, bearing an image of Sir Stanley Matthews and the Club crest which has been adapted for the Anniversary.

“This is our chance to show the world how proud we are to be celebrating 150 years and this will add even more colour to what will be a wonderful occasion,” said City’s Chief Executive Tony Scholes. “It is just one of many events taking place on the day.

“Our fans are renowned for their tremendous levels of support, and this gives them an opportunity to display that by playing a prominent part in the celebrations.”

He added: “It will certainly have a visual impact for the television cameras with the game being broadcast live by Sky Sports to a worldwide audience.

“Normally, fans would be asked to hold up cards, but we wanted to give all of our supporters a memento of this occasion and indeed our Anniversary.

“We hope that they will wear the shirt to help create a sea of red and white around all the home sections of the stadium. Failing that, we would ask them to hold it up.”

The Club have already confirmed that the 150th Anniversary Celebration match will feature the largest-ever gathering of former City stars for a special parade.

More than 80 ex-players have already indicated that they will be attending the event when they will gather for a tour of the Clayton Wood Training Ground before being transported to the Britannia Stadium for the parade which starts 75 minutes before kick-off.

That number is continuing to rise in the countdown to Sunday’s match when the Club will be unveiling the ‘Greatest XI’ voted for by supporters.

Further information about the programme of events for the day will be announced shortly.

I said you suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder a few days ago but this all makes sense now. So the posts you've made previously wasn't even your thoughts, you just copied them from elsewhere. To say that's weird is an understatement.
This is like a classic episode from The Twilight Zone - early 60s

I've got a feeling that Adam might target Bale with a Boston Crab or maybe the full Nelson hold.

Spurs win 1-0

Adebayor to score from an offside position after Bale knocks out the linesman with a chair.

I just hope we get a proper refereeing performance, and that cynical fouls are being punished from the start.

Let Stoke play their anti-football, but don't allow them to break the rules of the game. A foul is a foul, no matter who is responsible - inferior players shouldn't be let off the hook easier just because they aren't capable of playing football as well as the opponents they hack down. So ref, please remember that it's a game of football, not rugby, boxing or wrestling.

That's all I ask.

I just hope we get a proper refereeing performance, and that cynical fouls are being punished from the start.

Let Stoke play their anti-football, but don't allow them to break the rules of the game. A foul is a foul, no matter who is responsible - inferior players shouldn't be let off the hook easier just because they aren't capable of playing football as well as the opponents they hack down. So ref, please remember that it's a game of football, not rugby, boxing or wrestling.

That's all I ask.

Ref: Kevin Friend

4th Official: Chris Foy

Odds on Friend suffering a minor injury in warm up? :-k

This is the first of 2 must-win games.

With our inferior GD a point is only good enough to confirm European football of some sort.

(although, if Dembele is back I'd start him a head of Holtby for extra height).

I find it sad we aren't necessarily fearful of their technical ability, ball retention, or even clever runs in and around the 18.

No no, we're afraid of their height on set pieces.

How could anyone be a Stoke supporter?

Back