• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vital Statistics

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
Not to start a witch hunt but it'll be interesting to see. A few on here have commented on a new breed of Spurs fan so:

How old are you?
How long have you supported Spurs? (And I mean properly not 'Since I was 1 day old')
Why did you pick Spurs?

Ill start with mine.

20 years
Watched Norwich V Tottenham in the FA Cup in 1993 and fell in love with the white shirts and blue shorts!! That was literally it.

Also - has this season been a success?

I have to answer yes. Please be honest I'm just interested to see if the answers differ from age of poster.

Not sure, as long as I can remember. My first game was when I was a toddler.
Brought up in to it.

As I just wrote in the OMT the Bayern game last season changed me. Never have I been through such an experience with Spurs in my life. I used to be too optimistic and hopeful and now I've lost all of that. I preferred it when I was younger when I didn't have the hope that would destroy me, and when I'd have to expect mid-table mediocrity and only get laughed at by Arsenal fans when something big happens, like when they win the league without losing a game. Even them beating us was too boring and expected to suffer from humiliation.

I think we have a better team than Arsenal overall, however recent performances make us look worse than we really are, so I feel this season has not been a success and we have underachieved. We didn't win any silverware either due to poor performances in the cups and if any good has come out this season at least Bale is worth at least £60m

How old are you? 55

How long have you supported Spurs? Around half a century

Why did you pick Spurs? In the blood - my Great-Grandfather used to bring the halftime oranges for Spurs when they played on Tottenham Marshes in the 1890s

Has this season been a success? Yes. Quarter Finals of a Major European Competition and still the possibility of a new club Premier League Era points record.

How old are you? 55

How long have you supported Spurs? Around half a century

Why did you pick Spurs? In the blood - my Great-Grandfather used to bring the halftime oranges for Spurs when they played on Tottenham Marshes in the 1890s

Has this season been a success? Yes. Quarter Finals of a Major European Competition and still the possibility of a new club Premier League Era points record.

=D>

Loving the fact about your great grandfather mate incredible!

this information is ripe for fraudsters but hey ho

been supporting them since about 94/95...basically i thought vinny samways was THE MAN.

so about 18 years, where does the time go....

i didnt pick tottenham, i was forced into it. Threatened by my older siblings

i wouldnt say this season has been a success, that would be over achieving what i thought we would get which was top 6........so like 5th or 6th

the season is definately a pass. Its gone as expected and as it should have

but THFC does make a VERY interesting point though

72 points would make this season more of a success than i would have thought

Last edited:
44 years old

Started supporting Spurs in 1994-95 season. The 1st year we got Prem football in the US.

Chose Spurs because I'd admired Klinnsman in the 1990 & 1994 World Cups.

Success I suppose. I thought we'd be very average without Modric & VdV and with new manager. Was quite concerned the press would hound AVB out if anything went wrong, fortunately Liverpool got off to an even worse start. At this point, I am afraid we will finish 5th and lose Bale.

44 years old

Started supporting Spurs in 1994-95 season. The 1st year we got Prem football in the US.

Chose Spurs because I'd admired Klinnsman in the 1990 & 1994 World Cups.

Success I suppose. I thought we'd be very average without Modric & VdV and with new manager. Was quite concerned the press would hound AVB out if anything went wrong, fortunately Liverpool got off to an even worse start. At this point, I am afraid we will finish 5th and lose Bale.

I think 5th is on the cards too. Not because I think we will drop points but because I believe arsenal will get 6 points. I think Bale will stay however.

How old are you? 28

How lng have you supported Spurs? For as long as i can remember - dad took me to my first game at 4 years old

Why did you pick Spurs? Didn't, my old man made me

Has this season been a success?

Yes, intergrated a new manager and several new players to the team whilst putting in a respecatble fight for 4th(still not over)

Not sure, as long as I can remember. My first game was when I was a toddler.
Brought up in to it.

As I just wrote in the OMT the Bayern game last season changed me. Never have I been through such an experience with Spurs in my life. I used to be too optimistic and hopeful and now I've lost all of that. I preferred it when I was younger when I didn't have the hope that would destroy me, and when I'd have to expect mid-table mediocrity and only get laughed at by Arsenal fans when something big happens, like when they win the league without losing a game. Even them beating us was too boring and expected to suffer from humiliation.

I think we have a better team than Arsenal overall, however recent performances make us look worse than we really are, so I feel this season has not been a success and we have underachieved. We didn't win any silverware either due to poor performances in the cups and if any good has come out this season at least Bale is worth at least £60m

and the reason for your ridiculous posts are now crystal clear.

I am 31 and have supported Spurs for 20 years. For me it was the tradition of good football and the crazy you score 2, we'll score 3 attitude we had then that made us so good to watch.

This season would be a failure if we dont finish 4th. Sounds harsh to say but like the Bill Nich quote about aiming high, in the context of our ambitions and funding/sponsorship for the stadium, we need CL footy now.

How old are you?

How long have you supported Spurs? (And I mean properly not 'Since I was 1 day old')

Since I was 5/6, around 93/94 if I had to pick a season.

Why did you pick Spurs?

My dad, not because he made me, but because I got hooked on Spurs when he introduced me, he had a ST throughout the 70's and 80's and I used to love his stories of Wembley and the glory he was lucky to see.

And yes I believe it has been a success, losing Modric and VDV was massive, not to mention the injuries to KEY players which has also weakened us. I feel we are seeing the makings of something very big at Spurs.

How old are you?

34 years

Why did you pick Spurs?
Was up watching Match of the Day with my Dad when Hoddle scored that goal v Forest. That was it for me.

[video=youtube_share;zFK1LKrS1UI]http://youtu.be/zFK1LKrS1UI[/video]

34 years old.

Fan since around 1990

I liked the shirts

My target for this season was to break the 70-point barrier. We are well on course for that, but I would say success overall considering the changes to the squad.

48 years old
Fan since 1972 when I attended my first game with my Grandfather.
With a Grandad like mine it was Spurs or nothing, it wasn't a choice but a blessing bestowed upon me
Delighted with Andre and this season overall. After some of the crap I sat through under Graham, Gross, Francis etc, the past few years have been great.

How old are you? 24

How long have you supported Spurs? A little over 7 years now

Why did you pick Spurs? Friend of mine is a huge Arsenal supporter. I hated all things football (soccer) until I began watching with him. Against all odds I fell in love with the game, and with Tottenham Hotspur. I fancied Berbatov, Keane, and Aaron Lennon. I hated Henry, Wenger, and the stupid gooner fans. One of the last games I watched with my friend was the Danny Roooooose game \o/

Has this season been a success? Yes. I've been frustrated by Ade (especially after what he's shown he's capable of today), and I feel we're just a bit unlucky by the Sandro injury but other than that I've enjoyed watching this season. And maybe I've got a bit of a man crush but I just want to see Tommy Carroll played more

How old are you?

How long have you supported Spurs?
Since about 13-14.

Why did you pick Spurs?
I'm small-town American so I didn't grow up hearing anything about the PL but I started playing the sport as a teenager (too short for basketball, too hydrophobic for swimming, etc). I got into international football first without knowing much about club football, but a teammate of mine followed English football as a Spurs supporter and I loved the uniqueness of the name so I started joining her! The crazy transfer windows got me hooked, I suspect I've become the bigger fanatic since then ;)

Has this season been a success?
For me, yes. The performances haven't been ideal but I thought we'd finish sixth-seventh at best after essentially losing our brain and heartbeat - really, the two most creative, intelligent, and classy players in our squad - without replacing them. We have seemed to gain resilience as a team though, refusing to quit until the whistle blows - now we may well finish with our record PL points total, it's just a shame that Chelsea and Arsenal's forms have held so strong. There's been no collapse in spirit this time, just a little bridge too far in quality.

Next season Sandro and Kaboul will be back, and Lloris will play the season from the very start. That should help us out defensively. We just need to buy some creativity and vision and class to go around Bale this summer and we *will* compete with AVB at the helm.

How old? 48 years old

How long have you supported Spurs? Since the late 70s

Why? Everyone supported Ipswich around here so I rebelled and supported Spurs, was impressed with their style of play.

Has this season been a success? Yes, to be competing at the highest level in the EPL against teams that can buy whoever they want whenever they want is an achievement. There have been disappointments this season but after 30+ years of supporting Spurs you take the highs with the lows and there's been plenty of lows. We are well placed to still finish in the top 4 and with a couple of decent buys (not Harry specials) in the summer we will be better placed than this year.

Since '95

Jurgen and Teddy were two of my favourite players, and later on Anderton (!)

Reasonably successful - yes - more like a 'pass' as African put it. We are the 5th/6th best 'team' (squad-wise) so we are where we belong, imv. A very good manager could have had us perform better than the sum of our parts and finish higher - but I think we can expect that from AVB next season and give him the benefit of the the doubt this time around. I'm also slightly disappointed we didn't take the EL seriously enough and play our best 11 - but overall - AVB has done well with the tools provided by Levy and if the latter expects Top 4 finish - he needs to take time and consider providing all the right ingredients.

Last edited:
51 (I was born 4 months after we won the Double. Bugger it)

Went to first game in Nov 1966 against West Ham. We lost.
Dad had been a fan since he lived in Stoke Newington from the late 1940s following his de-mob from the Royal Navy.

I was always going to be Spurs, due to dad, but had a very brief flirtation with West Ham when we sold Greaves. Soon came back.

This season? Mixed, I guess.
At the start, I expected nothing due to the turmoil of players/manager.
By mid-way, I thought we had it sussed.
Now, I'm just accepting whatever happens.

And that sums up the life of a Spurs fan I guess

How old are you? 46
How long have you supported Spurs? (And I mean properly not 'Since I was 1 day old') 1975
Why did you pick Spurs?
In the family. I have a grandfather story too.... living in Edmonton, and being heavily involved in London Schools Football (he was a teacher in Edmonton), and having a car, he drove Jimmy Greaves to his trial at Spurs... the rest is history. My dad used to cycle to WHL to watch Spurs. He didn't miss a game at home for the seasons 1950 - 55 when he went in to the navy. My first game was a friendly at Watford in 1975 which I think was to do with Pat Jennings' testimonial... Spurs won 8 -2!

Having seen Spurs get relegated at the age of 9/10, I have subsequently been a 'glass half full' type of supporter. In my view we are on the right track. The only team that excited me as much as the one we are building now was the early 80's team of Burkenshaw (Tony Galvin was my favourite player) and that was one I saw most as tickets were a lot cheaper and easier to get, and I was allowed to go on my own. Through the 80's we were one of the two biggest clubs in England even though we never really got close to winning the league apart from '87 when we blew it due (in my eyes) to fixture congestion. The 90's were an unmitigated disaster as we almost went broke, and then failed to invest in the team with the advent of the premiership. Although he saved the club, Alan Sugar's refusal to buy Carlos Kickabout players cost us dear as we slipped out of the big five. Things would have been different if we had managed to qualify regularly for the Champions League gravy train earlier.

This season has been a success in my eyes... we have been around the top 3 all season, and I still think we have a reasonable chance of getting 4th this time round. Arsenal can't keep going without a blip, surely. We also have the first player in ages who gets me on my feet in anticipation. Hold onto GB and we will do even better under AVB next season. AVB is the best manager we have had since Burkenshaw... and he can rebuild 'that football club over there' to paraphrase KB.

Last edited:
Back