• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Chelski**********

It's not about playing Chelsea, it's about thinking of the importance of the game. We should have gone in to the game as if it was a cup final. A play-off game to qualify for the CL. We played like a completely average team, and Chelsea didn't even look anywhere near their best. Our midfield was non-existent. I'm not proud in the slightest - we weren't on form. We got two lucky goals. We were beyond lucky when Ramires slipped, so we should be thankful to get a draw I guess.

See, this is where I find it very, very hard to keep my mouth shut...:-#:-#:-#:barnet:

Why do we want to be in the CL to play teams like Madrid, Munich and Barca if we are "proud" to draw against Chelsea. I am proud of little tottenham hotspurs fighting against all the odds to scrape a point against Chelsea in a game we needed to win? For the last few months we've thrown it all away like last year and are now relying on others to help us qualify, thats embarressing and shows our lack of spirit and quality.

You're a WUM aren't you...

Yep. Many of us have. A few ultimately haven't joining us post 2005 and seeing 5th as a failure. You know what I feel a Steff moment coming on here! I've just got back from 3 hours in A&E with my little boy so football is a little bit less important right now but....

Yes I'm fudged off we've not strengthened in the past few windows
Yes I'm fudged off we lost our best creative centre midfielder in LM
Yes I'm fudged off we've lost a 10 point and a 7 point lead over them lot in successive seasons but I LOVE this club and if we suffered back to back relegations I'd still be on that waiting list for a ST and cheering us on week in week out.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!

How's the boy mate?
And could NOT agree MORE!

(edit) just seen he's OK...glad mate. With a 21 year old and an 8 year old, I know how it is! ;-) COYS!

He's better thanks mate. Off to bed now as have to open up at 8 this morning. 2/3 coffees at 630 should be fine so 4.5 hours it is for me couldn't sleep after the night I've had!!

Come on you Villa, Wigan, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Not so much Stoke and Sunderland.

Tottenham Hotspur Player's Combined Goals & Assists 2012-13 updated after the 2-2 draw at Chelsea...

P0262_zps47de82ca.png

Tottenham Hotspur Detailed Player's Statistics 2012-13

We need to get some realisiam going, we have just played a team away from home where the result was just as important to them as it was us, more importantly they are a better team than us, in the last ten minutes we looked like we were going to win this game and at the end I thought the Chelsea players were more than happy with a draw.

Well done Spurs.

We need to get some realisiam going, we have just played a team away from home where the result was just as important to them as it was us, more importantly they are a better team than us, in the last ten minutes we looked like we were going to win this game and at the end I thought the Chelsea players were more than happy with a draw.

Well done Spurs.

=D>

That's this thread done with then ;)

Anyone saying a draw is as good as a defeat needs to get their heads checked, imv

Now we rely on Woolwich to draw NOT lose one of their remaining games - far more probable

In addition to having secured a point away to a team at least 2 cuts above us in terms of pure quality of their players and having spent 1 billion to get there. A team which should be fighting for the title, not 5th place

Anyone saying a draw is as good as a defeat needs to get their heads checked, imv

Now we rely on Woolwich to draw NOT lose one of their remaining games - far more probable

In addition to having secured a point away to a team at least 2 cuts above us in terms of pure quality of their players and having spent 1 billion to get there. A team which should be fighting for the title, not 5th place

Why do i like you now?

Early morning rant, I thought we showed top four mentality last night, I will be happy all day.

Very true.

See, this is where people have to understand, those of us who have a moan about performance are not doing it to be negative (when it is justified, e.g. Southampton).

Tonight there were mistakes, sure, but overall I thought we were the better team, and showed most desire, so was quite happy.

Before the Bayern game last season I was the ****iest, most optimistic Spurs fan you'll ever meet. That game affected me more than any other event in my life. It changed my whole attitude to football. It turned me in to a cold, realistic fan that knows when to expect defeat.

I can understand wanting to protect yourself a bit from the worst downs by not being overly optimistic and positive, but there must be a middle ground somewhere.

It seems that 90% or more of the fans on here were able to take a lot of positives from the game last night and the vast majority seemed proud of our performance. Most have seen way more disappointments in their time than you have. If you can't see those positives I would suggest that's down to your perception of the situation, not the situation itself. You're of course free to perceive the world as you please, but I think you're missing out if you can't see the positives from a game like this one.

Some perspective is needed and some realism too, I don't understand how you can describe yourself as cold and realistic, but at the same time expect us to just go out and be better than and beat Chelsea away from home in a game that was very important to them too.

I'm disappointed as much as the next man we didn't win last night but the failure by some of my fellow Spurs to recognise the fantastic efforts put in by our players, completely baffles me.

Chelsea's three offensive midfielders are fantastic and with Luiz and Ramieres sitting in behind them makes them awesome. To go to the Bridge without both Dembele and Sandro and put a team together that gets a draw is a brilliant effort by all our players and management team. Can't it be seen that Chelsea were strong favourites to win last night?
Ecking hell , wtf are some of you on ? lol

Would've liked to have seen Defoe or Carroll on but hey ho.

All I know is when watching the players of both teams walk off that pitch last night, there were no celebrations by either side but a mutual respect.

Love the positive comments by the positive posters but like I said , I'm completly baffled by the negative ones .

Stoke away next . ..................COYS!

I took a lot of encouragement from this game, actually - that midfield cost over 100m more than ours and it showed, but if we keep playing with that level of sheer desire and refusal to quit I believe that only two or three players this summer could go a long way to fighting that gap. Back AVB and we *will* compete.

I think a point was a fair result although after Siggurdson scored you looked like the team most likely to win it. For me the Stoke game is massive because if you fail to win then I think the top 4 is guaranteed for us if we beat Wigan and I reckon we will beat Wigan, if we know that by doing so guarantees us top 4. However if you beat Stoke then I still think we will beat Wigan ( with them having the cup game on Saturday) but the Sunday the game at Saint James Park, anything can happen there. Was at the WBA game last year where played so poorly and nervously yet some how managed to win ( awful keeper) so if you beat Stoke then I personally still couldn't call what will happen. Chelsea nailed on for third I think.

I feel were more of a team under AVB than we were under Harry, we dont give up or collapse as easily as we used to

Back