• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Map of Europe

Blimey! WTF was going on in Germany until about three quarters through? And how did Hitler determine the Master race from that mess?

And how strange Hungary stays pretty solid right through. Unlike Poland which disappears for Centuries, and then re-appears in England (joke)?

Am I right in thinking that Germany was pretty much dominated by local tribes etc in different regions for hundreds of years, hence the amount of different small sections throughout the video? Unbelievable to see that sudden un-rush of purple when it came round to Hitler's master plan.

Am I right in thinking that Germany was pretty much dominated by local tribes etc in different regions for hundreds of years, hence the amount of different small sections throughout the video? Unbelievable to see that sudden un-rush of purple when it came round to Hitler's master plan.

Looks that way, after the demise of Holy Rome it becomes tribal and separate state government. Kings, Counts and Dukes. Like Italy. The Black Death did a lot to unite the nations of Europe.

Blimey! WTF was going on in Germany until about three quarters through? And how did Hitler determine the Master race from that mess?

And how strange Hungary stays pretty solid right through. Unlike Poland which disappears for Centuries, and then re-appears in England (joke)?

I can't see the video (problem with my computer) but I don't think it was a stark as that description sounds (I assume it looks like the maps here). Germany sort of existed as the Holy Roman Empire through to the 1800s, but the tightness of the component kingdoms, duchies and principalities varies. Iirc, one reason for the fragmentation is that territories were split between sons on death of the King/Duke/Prince so there were lots of states with related rulers.

This animated gif shows a more persistent Holy Roman Empire, although it is perhaps misleading by exaggerating the unity. But there was enough unity for the sense of a German entity to exist.

300px-HRR.gif

Last edited:
Back