• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Silver Linings Playbook yesterday. Not as good as I thought it was going to be, but great performances from Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper.

Basically looking at their schedule, they will be the only 3 we havent seen that are on at an appropriate time. Not seen many people air their views on Oblivion and recent Crusie films have not impressed me.
Saw the Olympus trailer this morning and looks to have potential, plus it does have Morgan Freeman, who I think its just superb.
I think had we been going after the match and not before it may have required Scary Movie 5, because I fear we may need cheering up after the football and it does look like having a fair few laughs. So you're right OHF it looks like it could well be.
Unless we have any new releases due out Friday

Oblivion also stars Morgan Freeman and the trailer looks better imho but neither movie appears to be getting great feedback.

The remake of the Evil Dead is out on Thursday, if you're in the mood for a horror show after the match! www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_evil_dead_2013/

Saw The Place Beyond the Pines last night.

Was decent enough, good cast, bit too long at 2h 20m and wasn't too sure about the ending, probably give it 6/10.

Watched a few films i've seen before over the weekend.

City of GHod - 9/10
The Mist - 7/10
Coach Carter - 8/10

Watched Hitch****'s "The Birds" at a local cinema last night. 50th anniversary viewing.

I hadn't seen the movie before, and thought the style of the movie was fantastic. No background music whatsoever really enhanced the suspense, and the special effects were way ahead of their time too. Thoroughly enjoyed every scene, especially some of the dramatic ones of the birds attacking the town. Definitely better on the big screen.

Talking of Hitch****, I was about to watch Vertigo as that and Rear Window are the only two of his i haven't really seen and I heard they were both better than my favourite North by Northwest.

The Birds is fantastic, absolute genius.

Talking of Hitch****, I was about to watch Vertigo as that and Rear Window are the only two of his i haven't really seen and I heard they were both better than my favourite North by Northwest.

The Birds is fantastic, absolute genius.

I watched Vertigo about a year ago at home, and remember some of the very dated screenplay mostly tbh. Probably would have enjoyed it more on a larger screen to showcase the visual stimulus of the movie.

The last time I watched Rear Window I thought it was a bit boring and dragged like a mofo, although I was in a slightly odd mood at the time.

The last time I watched Rear Window I thought it was a bit boring and dragged like a mofo, although I was in a slightly odd mood at the time.

Watching movies like these on the big screen makes a world of difference. Tbh I probably would have fallen asleep if I had been watching The Birds at home on the couch.

Back