• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Nothing is coming off for him but what has staggered me is his really poor shooting ability. I mean theyre more akin to passing back to the keeper than an actual shot.

Yesterday he should have fudgein squared to Sig but I understand why he shot - he is eager to impress and trying to turn his fortunes around.

Its been an awful awful season for him and I am unsure why. Just one of those seasons. He has cost us 10m this season and we may get back 5m if we sell him to Anzhi or some brick. I guess it goes to show - you try to buy players on the cheap and they actually may cost you more (pro ratad) than spending 30m (wages and fee) on a striker for four or five years good service.

what has staggered me is his really poor shooting ability.

This, say what you like about Defoe, but if he gets that chance that Ade got, he's gonna put his foot through it and give the keeper something to think about, Ade just passed it back to the goalie, it was so tame! I didn't think much of his finishing last season but somehow it's got even worse. I knew he was going to be the one that missed the penalty as well.

Nothing is coming off for him but what has staggered me is his really poor shooting ability. I mean theyre more akin to passing back to the keeper than an actual shot.

Yesterday he should have fudgein squared to Sig but I understand why he shot - he is eager to impress and trying to turn his fortunes around.

Its been an awful awful season for him and I am unsure why. Just one of those seasons. He has cost us 10m this season and we may get back 5m if we sell him to Anzhi or some brick. I guess it goes to show - you try to buy players on the cheap and they actually may cost you more (pro ratad) than spending 30m (wages and fee) on a striker for four or five years good service.

Agree for some reason he seems to pass it around the keeper to score,how many chances has he had where the keeper has just gone down and saved it and said thanks,he was clean through up in villa last year,and he just sidefooted into Givens hands,don't understand why he can't hit the ball like Kone did for wigan against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, at least if the keeper parries it it may go to oncoming spurs player. I said this before has he lost weight or something he seems to be so slight these days,where for arsenal he used to barge around like a bull. He has missed modric/vdv service,dembele holds the ball up to much,we use bale as an outlet too many times these days and parker runs down cul de sacs endlessly.

I'm not sure what to do with him hopefully he can pop up and do something against bricky and chelski as a reply to us all.....

and Real took him on loan!

The only problem we have now is who is going to want Ade after this season and his previous of just one season wonders? I really can't see anyone taking this overpriced player of our hands. Malaga are now financially fudged, PSG don't need him, Madrid don't need him, the only place i can potentially see him going is somewhere like Qatar or one of them rich clubs or perhaps Anzhi or somewhere similar in Russia but then would he want a banana thrown at him every week?

We paid £5.5M for him and IMO he will be wanted by a few prem sides including stoke for stance plus plenty of foreign sides regardless of his salary

This, say what you like about Defoe, but if he gets that chance that Ade got, he's gonna put his foot through it and give the keeper something to think about, Ade just passed it back to the goalie, it was so tame! I didn't think much of his finishing last season but somehow it's got even worse. I knew he was going to be the one that missed the penalty as well.

It is ironic that Defoe is only about 5'5" but has a rocket shot whilst Adebayor (like Crouch) who is well over 6' tall has a powder-puff shot on him. Hence why the absence of creative passers in the team this season has affected him particularly badly, as he is not comfortable shooting from anything more than about 11 yards and this season we've done most of our shooting from outside of the area; which only Bale has the ability to do consistently with accuracy.

He's a professional footballer. He should have the ability to strike the ball hard with his laces or pass the ball into either corner. He should also have the ability to quickly decide which method is best suited to the situation in front of him. Unfortunately at the moment he doesn't seem to, could be confidence, could be the fact that he doesn't give a fudge anymore or it could be that he's just not actually very good....

He worked his bollox off for us when on loan...then gets the contract and turns into the laziest fukker in professional football ! What would we get for him now? 4m at best?

It's ok he creates space for Lennon and Bale.

Ade would be better in a front 3 than in our current 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1. Lennon isn't enough of a goal threat and we haven't been able to make the player in the hole work this season. Bale tends to wander all over the place. We need to add some more creativity somewhere.

We are lumbered with him methinks, no other club is going to be silly enough to pay him £100k a week. We are so fudged.

The Russian League might do. They were paying Christopher Samba ridiculous ammounts of money at Anzhi and Aiden McGeady's on 70k a week at Spartak Moscow. I'm sure we'll find someone stupid enough. We were after all!

If they aren't relegated, QPR could have been a destination (possibly in a swap for Remy if we triggered the £8m clause).

Adebayor run-up dog.

dogo.gif

I think he'll stay in the premier league. There will be plenty of managers who will fancy themselves able to "fix him" and plenty of fans wetting themselves over a big name player.

I struggle to think of a club in the Premier League that could afford him, that would want him and that he would move to.

Could see quite a few clubs outside England being interested though.

I struggle to think of a club in the Premier League that could afford him, that would want him and that he would move to.

Could see quite a few clubs outside England being interested though.

He might be just outside the reach of most. The Saudi Sportswashing Machine of old would have taken him.

Back