• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

End of season awards.

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Given we're near the end of the season now, what would everyone have as team of the season?

Lloris
Zabaleta - Nastacic - Vertonghen - Baines
Carrick - Dembele
Mata - Suarez - Bale
RVP​

Mostly biast though regarding Lloris and Dembele. I guess if he hadn't have got injured, Sandro would be there most definitely, quite easily in fact. Just the way Dembele has been so instrumental for us, big reason (other than Bale) why we are in 3rd place in the league. The front four really picks itself.

I have gone with Zaba at right back due to consistency, Nastacic due to the fact that he is young but has been absolutely colossal at the back, you wouldn't think he was the age he is, Vertonghen because the guy is unreal and Baines mainly due to his goals.

Player of the year: Bale
Young Player of the year: Nastacic

Man Utd will win the league by about 20 points and you've only got two of their players in the best XI?

Dembele doesn't deserve to be in there. He's been good but no more than that.

Sandro should be captain of the whole damn thing.

Mignolet
Zabaleta, Williams, Vertonghen, Baines
Fellaini, Carrick
Mata, Bale
Suarez, RVP

Bold ones are the guaranteed picks
Michu unlucky to miss out, most seasons he'd be in it
Cazorla and Schneiderlin midfield options (as would Sandro if not for the injury)
GK could be won by several, got a feeling the official team will have de Gea in it
Rafael push Zabaleta

-----------------De Gea---------------------

----------- Fellani ----- Carrick ------------

------Suarez ---- Michu ----- Bale --------

------------------ RVP ----------------------

De Gea has been pretty much consistent over the season. Zab and Baines seem the easy choices. Verts has been immense for us and scored goals. Nastacic has been solid all season.

People hate to play against Fellani, he's good at winning the ball and keeping it. Carrick has been one of the best midfielders in the league. Would put Sandro above Fellani, but he got injured unfortunately.

Front four speaks for itself really. All players who can win games on their own.

They are only winning the league due to the goals of RVP. We could be winning the league if he was playing for us !

Does it matter if theyre winning because of RVP? Not that its true as I dont think he has scored in a while right?

Why do teams buy goalscorers if they cant use the goals to 'count' as being a very good team.

I think the quality has been pretty poor actually whilst entertainment remained high (not that ive seen much football outside of Spurs) so this may not be the best Manure team but its a good thing as it means there is great potential for a team like us to challenge for the title providing we aim high and show some fudgein ambition to just 'GO FOR IT'

Vertonghen, Baines, Carrick, Mata, Bale, Suarez and RVP are certs I'd imagine.

Keeper could be one of many

Right back will be Rafael or Zabaleta

RCB could be anyone

RM or CM(depending on where Mata goes) could be between a few, personally I'd choose Cazorla, I know he's not a proper CM but who cares, it's not like this team will be playing an actual game.

Last edited:
-----------------De Gea---------------------

----------- Fellani ----- Carrick ------------

------Suarez ---- Michu ----- Bale --------

------------------ RVP ----------------------

De Gea has been pretty much consistent over the season. Zab and Baines seem the easy choices. Verts has been immense for us and scored goals. Nastacic has been solid all season.

People hate to play against Fellani, he's good at winning the ball and keeping it. Carrick has been one of the best midfielders in the league. Would put Sandro above Fellani, but he got injured unfortunately.

Front four speaks for itself really. All players who can win games on their own.

No Mata?

No I thought having four in attacking midfield roles would be too much.

Bale is carrying Spurs to top four, Suarez is scoring goals in a poor liverpool side and Michu is scoring goals in a mid-table Swansea side.

I'd take mata on the bench.

Last edited:
RVP has only scored two more goals than Bale...

Why is that relevant? RVP wouldn't be playing in place of Bale, he'd be playing in place of Ade/Defoe.

And he's scored more than either of those.

Last edited:
The point being they are not just winning the league because of RVP's goals.

Oddly that's not how a lot of United fans see it. He was scoring goals and winning games at the start of the season when the team was playing badly, fortunately the team is playing well now as he is on a barren 'streak'.

I doubt we'd be above them with him, but i don't think we'd be that far off.

-----------------De Gea--------------------

Rafael---J.Evans---Vertonghen---Baines

------------Fellaini------Carrick------------

Mata-------------Suarez---------------Bale

--------------------RvP----------------------

Honourable mentions: Gerrard (back to form this season), Nastacic, Dembele, Michu, Lloris, Walcott, A. Cole

I've decided to include Johnny Evans as I feel he's probably the best centre-back in the league at the moment, he's been imperious for Man United since last season. He's only played 19 games in the league this season, though.

-----------------Lloris--------------------

Zabaleta---J.Evans---Vertonghen---Baines

------------Fellaini------Carrick------------

Mata------------- --------------Bale

-------------RvP------Suarez----------------

RCB could be anyone

RM or CM(depending on where Mata goes) could be between a few, personally I'd choose Cazorla, I know he's not a proper CM but who cares, it's not like this team will be playing an actual game.[/QUOTE]

maybe they should!

RCB could be anyone

RM or CM(depending on where Mata goes) could be between a few, personally I'd choose Cazorla, I know he's not a proper CM but who cares, it's not like this team will be playing an actual game.

maybe they should!

Imagine if we had a North vs South All-Star game? Could you imagine a Spurs/Arse/Chelski 11 vs a Emirates Marketing Project/United/Suarez 11

They'd be some fireworks!!

Back