• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eventful day

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
Was robbed at gunpoint this morning at 0904 am! First time ever involved in something like this and it wasn't very nice as you'd expect. Spent 3 hours down the station giving information. Horrendous morning.

Hope they find the **** I really do.

Was robbed at gunpoint this morning at 0904 am! First time ever involved in something like this and it wasn't very nice as you'd expect. Spent 3 hours down the station giving information. Horrendous morning.

Hope they find the **** I really do.

sorry to hear that, how come bookies are not behind screens anymore, my local nationwide building society who i have started a business acount with they do not have a screen either.

Hope you're okay mate. My mum used to work in a post office, which was robbed on 3 separate occasions whilst she was working there.

Hope you're okay mate. My mum used to work in a post office, which was robbed on 3 separate occasions whilst she was working there.

Blimey hope she's ok now. I feel ok but everyone keeps telling me ill suffer from delayed shock. Feel like ill be ok to go in for my shift on Thursday tbh. Someone I used to work with took 6 months off through stress.

Glad you're OK - working in a bookies or a post office, you must have decent odds of it happening - luckily the person wasn't mental this time.

Do you have a panic button or baseball bat or something?

Blimey hope she's ok now. I feel ok but everyone keeps telling me ill suffer from delayed shock. Feel like ill be ok to go in for my shift on Thursday tbh. Someone I used to work with took 6 months off through stress.

She's retired now. She handled it pretty well to be fair.

There's no manual for dealing with something like this. Everone reacts differently.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that Roy and I'm glad you're okay.

You should take some solace in the fact that you instinctively reacted to the situation in the right way so no one got hurt.

I hope you're alright Roy, I'd have evacuated my bowels. Keep well and do the right thing for you-not the company.

Last edited:
She's retired now. She handled it pretty well to be fair.

There's no manual for dealing with something like this. Everone reacts differently.

Very very true.

Best of luck Roy, hope you can move on quickly mate, wouldn't blame you if took some time...glad nothing awful happened as a consequence.

Hope you're okay Roy. brick thing to put people, who are trying to earn a living, through so I hope they catch the scumbags.

09:45 Thursday 04 April 2013 Written by MARTIN FORD

Lone robber strikes at bookmakers in Cheshunt

William Hill in Flamstead End Road, Cheshunt
A LONE armed robber dressed as a postman made off with a haul of cash after raiding a bookmakers in Cheshunt.
The robber, believed to be working alone, slipped into the William Hill bookmakers in Flamstead End Road unnoticed by neighbouring businesses, shortly after it opened at 9am on Tuesday (April 2).
He threatened the “shocked” staff, brandishing a weapon, before making his escape with cash taken from the till.
The amount stolen is yet to be confirmed.
Officers from Hertfordshire Constabulary attended the scene the same morning, taping off the area at the front of the parade of shops.
Investigating detectives are now appealing to the public for witnesses and further information.
The suspect is described by police as being around 5ft 5in (1.65m) tall, with a tanned complexion and black hair, and was reported to be wearing a Royal Mail uniform at the time of the robbery.
Detective Constable Donald Ayriss, who is investigating the robbery, said: “This was a nasty incident which has left the victims shocked and we are determined to arrest the man responsible for this.
“I would urge anyone with any information at all to contact police immediately.”
The robbery is the first to occur at a shop in the street for two years.
The last business to be targeted was the shop next door to the bookmakers – Digital World Solutions – which was subjected to a ram-raid by a van in which electrical items were stolen in 2011.
However, nearby shopkeepers said the neighbourhood had been relatively quiet until the latest robbery.
When contacted by the Mercury, the bookmaker’s parent company William Hill declined to comment, stating it is company policy.
Anyone with information should contact DS Burns on the non-emergency police number 101 quoting log 146 of April 2, or alternatively phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
by Taboola
From the Web

iPad App Teaches You to Finally Master Your DSLR Camera
Open Air Publishing

7 investment traps
Hargreaves Lansdown

Investing For Income
Hargreaves Lansdown

5 Most Overrated Exercises You Can Stop Doing
Daily Health Post

5 Exercises You Don’t Do but Should
Daily Health Post

iPad App Teaches You the 36 Kitchen Knife Skills that Everyone Sho…
Open Air Publishing

First time I've copied and pasted on iPad sorry!

That was the shop I was working in. I'm fine as can be i guess just all very surreal.

Back