• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Omar is definitely up there. Same goes for Nucky Thompson in Boardwalk Empire (albeit to a considerably lesser degree).

Never warmed to nucky although I love boardwalk think everyone's an antihero on that to some degree tho tbf as everyone's dirty as hell! Very brave of them killing off jimmy so early on hoping for big things with al and lucky in next series

Never warmed to nucky although I love boardwalk think everyone's an antihero on that to some degree tho tbf as everyone's dirty as hell! Very brave of them killing off jimmy so early on hoping for big things with al and lucky in next series

I warmed to him at the end of season three. I think he and Eli'll make a fine criminal combination, now they've patched things up.

I agree about everyone being anti-heroes, though, which is where the show gets its appeal, in my opinion. The only two characters who aren't dirty (though they sure as hell are flawed) are Margaret Schroeder and Harrow. Margaret, I despise with a passion, and Harrow, though fudging insanely awesome, is a bit too bland to hold his own without an 'antagonist' type character to rub against.

The show holds the most appeal for me, though, when it focuses on the New York mobsters; Rothstein, Luciano and Lansky and Masseria. Those bits I always look forward to. :)

I warmed to him at the end of season three. I think he and Eli'll make a fine criminal combination, now they've patched things up.

I agree about everyone being anti-heroes, though, which is where the show gets its appeal, in my opinion. The only two characters who aren't dirty (though they sure as hell are flawed) are Margaret Schroeder and Harrow. Margaret, I despise with a passion, and Harrow, though fudging insanely awesome, is a bit too bland to hold his own without an 'antagonist' type character to rub against.

The show holds the most appeal for me, though, when it focuses on the New York mobsters; Rothstein, Luciano and Lansky and Masseria. Those bits I always look forward to. :)

Can't completely remember what happened with the New York lot at end of last season know what happens in real
Life tho...
Eli is quality I think tbh quality character and as for chalky incredible his standoff with Gip in final episode outside the house while nucky was inside was amazing.

Can't completely remember what happened with the New York lot at end of last season know what happens in real
Life tho...
Eli is quality I think tbh quality character and as for chalky incredible his standoff with Gip in final episode outside the house while nucky was inside was amazing.

Michael K.Williams has this amazing ability to be able to be both intimidating and endearing at the same time. You're never sure when he's going to get one of his goons to beat up some bloke for looking at him funny, but at the same time (spoilers) you could see from the minute Nucky drives up to the house with his injured butler that Chalky was going to stick by him. That's a rare quality. It was the same when he played Omar on The Wire: he was a scary character, and nearly everyone on the streets was afraid of him, but at the same time he stuck to this self-built code of morality that endeared him to the audience to a certain extent. Difficult to play both sides of an audience's attentions, but he pulls it off brilliantly.

edit; one thing's for sure. (spoilers!) Nucky's sure of everyone around him now. His butler is now presumably more important to him, he's patched things up with his brother and Chalky's reaffirmed his loyalty to him. Plus that broad he was seeing got blown up, removing a distraction. Next season, all the mobsters he fudged over in the season 3 finale will want revenge, but he's in a great position, so he won't go down without a fight.

There will be a lot more blood and a lot less political drama. Which is genuinely exciting. :)

Last edited:
Tony Soprano is probably the best example of a well written anti hero in cinema/TV that you could give.
Yeah most likely. I think the audience will never get bored of him because he likes to fly off the rails every now and then, and is genuinely funny. Humour always helps the audience endear towards a character IMO - that and big tits (which Tony also has).

Halfway through 3rd season of dexter still can't work out if I like it or not lol

I watched the 3rd Blu-Ray of season 3 (episodes 7-9) last night and am enjoying the show so far but am hoping that this storyline comes to a more satisfactory conclusion than season 2...

Started breaking bad last week after recommendations on here
Absolutely fantastic and i have even got a guy from work hooked on it as well

[video=youtube;FuYWHvaZ8SU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuYWHvaZ8SU[/video]

May 5th it starts on Netflix

Film is happening

Just started watching Entourage the other day. Well...5 days and 8 seasons later, I feel like a coke addict on the first day of rehab.

Brilliant, brilliant television. Read somewhere that there's a movie in the works. Hopefully I can hold out until then!

Any-one watching the new series on Sky 1 HD - Revolution? I'm three quarters of the way through the second show of the pilot. I had high hopes. They should have got Anson Mount to play Myles. This guy, Billy Burke, can't act. The girl pulling the Huey without breaking a sweat finished it for me. Going to give it up now. Absolute sheeeiiite!

Any-one watching the new series on Sky 1 HD - Revolution? I'm three quarters of the way through the second show of the pilot. I had high hopes. They should have got Anson Mount to play Myles. This guy, Billy Burke, can't act. The girl pulling the Huey without breaking a sweat finished it for me. Going to give it up now. Absolute sheeeiiite!

There was a lot of talk about this series a while back, my mate told me the acting was soo bad he couldn't watch it! I'm guessing it won't last long then?

Revolution actually becomes decent later on but you're talking near the halfway season finale. The first episode back this week was back to bad acting again

Damn it.

My wife made us sky+ it to watch tomorrow.

I TOLD her it would probably be brick and she's going to make me watch it anyway.

I'd better get a goddamn blow job afterwards. :twisted:

is it possible to watch the Walking Dead finale tonight as it is aired in the States or do i have to wait for it to be uploaded somewhere?

Back