• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

massive battlefield fan but cant say im too excited after seeing the vid. couldnt care less about single player, il wait to see MP

METAL.

GEAR.

SOLID.

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

fudge yeah!!
Last one I played was the one with that blonde dude in it (PS2), bored the brick outta me with the endless cut scenes and codec bits, not been back since.

Bioshock 3 sounds good then Papa, I'll definitely get that.

Last one I played was the one with that blonde dude in it (PS2), bored the brick outta me with the endless cut scenes and codec bits, not been back since.

i love the cut scenes as part of the MGSm package as i think they're done well but can see why it puts others off

probably my favorite games

The graphics don't look that much better than BF3 running on PC

IMO, it's the smaller details. Like I said earlier, I have never seen faces that looked that good in a game before. Most games get faces horribly wrong, so when I say that I was fooled into thinking the opening scene of the soldiers underwater was pre-rendered, that's certainly an achievement.
I mean, BF3 is a pretty damn-good looking game still so it will be tough to top.

IMO, it's the smaller details. Like I said earlier, I have never seen faces that looked that good in a game before. Most games get faces horribly wrong, so when I say that I was fooled into thinking the opening scene of the soldiers underwater was pre-rendered, that's certainly an achievement.
I mean, BF3 is a pretty damn-good looking game still so it will be tough to top.

Graphics aren't going to take big leaps anymore, now it's all about improving AI, new gameplay ideas and making these gaming worlds immersive. The trailer is gorgeous, but it looked like the same old scripted generic war FPS. I want more now, which is why Bioshock is so refreshing.

Graphics aren't going to take big leaps anymore, now it's all about improving AI, new gameplay ideas and making these gaming worlds immersive. The trailer is gorgeous, but it looked like the same old scripted generic war FPS. I want more now, which is why Bioshock is so refreshing.

this.

dont get me wrong i will prob get the game and clock up another 500+ hrs on it but if that trailer was meant to excite me, it didnt. i play MP exclusively and hope they put a real effort in designing a big open balanced maps this time. i hate most of the maps on bf3

Last edited:

I've only ever played 1 MGS game, so i can't speak for the entire series, but MGS4 is quite possibly the most complete game I've played. The cut scenes are a tad too long in this also but other than that there is not a single thing i would change, it has everything. You should go back to the series purely for this game alone.

A response to the rumour that the Xbox 720 will require a constant internet connection and a fella from Microsoft being a dingdong on Twitter....

[video=youtube;cW28VSmXnCo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW28VSmXnCo[/video]

Last edited:
fine example of a fit and healthy 'merican smashing down a ridiculously oversized lolly drink.. surprised he didn't destroy his xbox with an assault rifle..

Hey fellas, been a while (mainly as my phones WiFi has been playin up and I usually use my phone to browse GG)

Still playing Tomb Raider and enjoying it, despite it being fairly cut scene heavy and full of quick-time sequences, but overall think it blends well with the gameplay and I'm really enjoying it.
Just got Ravaged on Steam sale for under £3! It's nothing special but Battlefield 2 fans may enjoy it. For that price its a decent BF2 clone/mod game to pass the time.
Have yet to purchase Bioshock Infinite but Im hearing nothing but glowing reviews so far. Looking forward to gettin my hands on it soon.
The BF4 video, although impressive visually, didnt make me think "OMG I MUST BUY THAT GAME!!". I cant see how Multiplayer will be any more than a slightly better looking map pack for BF3... The weapons and vehicles in the trailer look the same, including the character skins. There is a hint at the end of the video that China will be involved so maybe it'll go back to BF2 factions? Even so I cant see there being much innovation on the current BF3 Multiplayer. Lets face it thats the main reason anyone gets Battlefield

Looking forward to these DLCs almost as much as upcoming game releases.

Dishonored's first proper DLC imo. Where by the looks of it you play the story from a different characters perspective (similar to the first Half Life that had Opposing Force and Blue shift). Looks pretty decent from this short video

[video=youtube;GHV4R3cseVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHV4R3cseVE[/video]

And then there's FarCry: Blood Dragon. This was completely out of the blue and not what I expected at all. Very refreshing in that sense. Set in a sort of 80's cartoon vision of the future (sort of a GI-Joe or M.A.S.K inspired one at that) with a Duke Nukhem like main character. Really lookin forward to this.

[video=youtube;0dofacvjRkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dofacvjRkc[/video]

Back