• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched 'Chronicle' the other day and I really enjoyed it.

It illustrates better what would probably actually happen if a kid got superpowers instead of becoming Spider-Man or whoever and it works the "film done on camcorders" angle really well.

I think it's John Landis' son who did it.

Watched 'Chronicle' the other day and I really enjoyed it.

It illustrates better what would probably actually happen if a kid got superpowers instead of becoming Spider-Man or whoever and it works the "film done on camcorders" angle really well.

I think it's John Landis' son who did it.

Indeed, Max Landis wrote it.

If you're into comic books check out his video on the Death / Return of Superman on YouTube, pretty funny

Watched GI Joe Retalliation last night... I want to know what I did wrong to deserve this kind of revenge treatment... an absolute turd of a movie that would leave even the dog, that created it, unwilling to sniff it's own backside!

The only consolation is Adrianne Palicki who I thought looked good in her role. Other than that, it was a total waste of time and left me wanting to leave the cinema several times over. I would have left if I was watching it by myself but, as part of a group, leaving is less easy. I walked out of A Good Day to Die Hard and that was better than this mess of a film!

I have just realised that maybe I should be sticking clear of Bruce Willis films these days.... Good Day to Die Hard, Looper and now this!! I used to like his films, what's happened?!

Just seen that Shailene Woodley will be playing the role of Mary Jane in the next two Spider-Man movies, good choice.

As for other movie news; I saw the trailers for Kick Ass 2 and Wolverine earlier.

The Kick Ass 2 trailer suggests that the film could be entitled HitGirl and perhaps that film title would be closer to the mark. The story appears to centre around her life after the death of Big Daddy. I barely recognised Jim Carrey in his role as Stars & Stripes.

As for Wolverine, the story appears to be interesting with the added dimension of vulnerability to Wolverine's life as he is given the chance of leading a mortal life. The trailer starts with the story and ends with the action set pieces and there are a few of those!!

Watched Oz The Great And The Powerful up Odeon tonight, was hoping that Sam Raimi would add his signature style to this classic tale but turned out to be almost as bad as Tim Burton' Alice In wonderland - 5/10

Watched GI Joe Retalliation last night... I want to know what I did wrong to deserve this kind of revenge treatment... an absolute turd of a movie that would leave even the dog, that created it, unwilling to sniff it's own backside!

The only consolation is Adrianne Palicki who I thought looked good in her role. Other than that, it was a total waste of time and left me wanting to leave the cinema several times over. I would have left if I was watching it by myself but, as part of a group, leaving is less easy. I walked out of A Good Day to Die Hard and that was better than this mess of a film!

I watched G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra up local Odeon but despite the sight of Sienna Miller in a leather catsuit it was probably the worst movie I've ever watched in a cinema! Very sad to see Bruce Willis involved in a brick franchise like this but seems he's more interested in doing family friendly movies nowadays.

When a movie is delayed because they want more shots of Channing Tatum, that's a red flag. Watch your favourite movie to cleanse yourself.

For a while I didn't like Nark Wahlberg. I don't know why. He was brilliant in boogie nights. Just something about him seemed fake and he seemed to take himself to seriously.

But after Ted and watching that P&G trailer I'm really beginning to like him. He can take the tinkle out of himself too. His role in Date Night was also good.

Best role Marky Mark has done is The Basketball Diaries. Quality film.

Oh and The Departed. Forgot about that one!

Im gonna watch three movies tonight

Seven Psychopaths
Silver Linings Playbook
Ingenious (which looks awesome)

Back