• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Does anyone know, can graphite shafts be "cut-down" the same way steel can?

Replacing my youngest lads clubs but struggling to find quality Ladies versions for him to use, so looking at mens and hacking them a bit.

Yes they can, however, depending on which end you cut from you could alter the characteristics of the club. If you cut from the tip (where it goes into the club) it will make the shaft stiffer and alter the kick point (very good players do this on purpose, for example if they dont need a x stiff but need something more than stiff they will often 'tip' the shaft). Take it from the end and you will alter the swing weight of the club.

To be honest, at a young age the swing weight issue wont really matter as they are no where near good enough to tell. Heck even scratch players wouldnt be able to tell. My advice, cut the shaft down from the butt and dont worry.

Brought one of these on thursday, as its not the 2012 version and not the new 2013 adjustable one it was only £79

Love my old original hybrid and hit it really well but its 10 years old now so thought id update

taylormade-rocketballz-rbz-rescue-hybrid.jpg

Brought one of these on thursday, as its not the 2012 version and not the new 2013 adjustable one it was only £79

Love my old original hybrid and hit it really well but its 10 years old now so thought id update

taylormade-rocketballz-rbz-rescue-hybrid.jpg

Not the 2012 version? RBZ didn't come out until 2012. Also, where did you get it from? Bargain price, would love to pick one up myself

Played at Brocket hall today very good course The Palmeston course it was in great condition even after the dire weather .
Well worth a visit. Very pricey tho but for a one off

Any of you lot played out in Palm Springs, California?

Planning an October break out there, and want to play 3 rounds, but don't want to pay silly money. Would like a course with those stunning views though.

Personal recommendations please, I can search links myself thanks ;):)

Think I've posted this before, but it's a very good and inspirational interview.

I like the part where he says "you don't got to do anything in life", it's what I live by, or at least try to.

[video=youtube;0rIq1aPKi1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rIq1aPKi1w[/video]

US Masters 6 Places with PP

Woods to Win 4/1
Snedeker EW 35/1
Haas EW 60/1
Duffner EW 66/1
Couples EW 175/1
Oosthuizen EW 30/1

Bubba Watson 1st Round Leader EW 40/1

Brought a Rocketballz driver yesterday, 10.5 Stiff Shaft

Went on a swing simulator, hadnt hit a golf ball for 7 months, hit 5 drives with the above all over 250 yards and all straight, happy days...

£199 with some tees, balls thrown in too

US Masters 6 Places with PP

Woods to Win 4/1
Snedeker EW 35/1
Haas EW 60/1
Duffner EW 66/1
Couples EW 175/1
Oosthuizen EW 30/1

Bubba Watson 1st Round Leader EW 40/1

I've gone KJ Choi 1st round leader, 50/1
Snedeker to win, EW, @ 35/1
Westwood to win, EW, @ 28/1
Martin laird to win, on the nose @100/1

I just love fred couples the is something about the guy he just seems so nice and chilled.

Though i love golf more watching then playing as im crap at it, i just adore the masters more so then any other event, just watching the clips of the 14 year old chink kid pretty impressive.

Some great golf from Sergio and the Aussie, as Chich said the 14 year old was incredible to shoot a 73, he is about 8st dripping wet..

Shaping up for a great Masters in prospect, weather could be a factor today wit hthe early starters having the benefit

Doing fairly well so far

Woods to Win 4/1 - T13
Snedeker EW 35/1 - T13
Haas EW 60/1 - T33
Duffner EW 66/1 - T33
Couples EW 175/1 - T4
Oosthuizen EW 30/1 - T56

B Watson
£15 e/w @ 35/1

C Schwartzel
£6 e/w @ 22/1

J. Day
£5 e/w @ 45/1

Can't really see Bubba turning it around but hopefully the other two will have a good go today.

Nice touch from Gary Lineker on twitter after watching Basel & The Masters at the same time....

Tweets All / No replies

Gary Lineker Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker now

Switched to the golf and Adebayor's ball has just landed on the 13th green. He's sure to miss the putt.

Relying on Snedeker and Westwood now. Won't win a fortune, but anything would be nice.

Choi blew up on the last on day 1, otherwise i was in line for £150. Bugger.

He admitted what he did, he didnt cheat as such, he just played under the wrong rule. I dont thing big old Tiger will get DQ'd but the officials are in a tough position after giving a 1 shot penalty to the young lad from China for slow play.

Tiger should, ideally, DQ himself.

Back