• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

Anyone got any word on why Lennon went off?

I'm guessing a grade 2 hamstring, back after the international break. Hopefully not a groin problem as he'd had problems with that before.

We'll miss him badly against Liverpool. Bad decision by AVB not to take him off.

I'm guessing a grade 2 hamstring, back after the international break. Hopefully not a groin problem as he'd had problems with that before.

We'll miss him badly against Liverpool. Bad decision by AVB not to take him off.

It looked like he got a kick before he started limping - hoping it's just a bruised foot.

Walker looked like he was inspecting the flat of the boot beneath Lennon's laces. Bruised or possibly broken toe perhaps?

Aaron Lennon ‏@Aaron7Lennon
Another great win to set us up nicely for the return leg, atmosphere was ledge again tonight #COYS

No mention of anything and that was about an hour ago. Hopefully it's just a bit precautionary.

Seemed like Bale was having a pop at the ref for the player catching Lennon so think it may have just been a knock.

He did stop and was doing something with his boot/foot for a while. At the time I thought he was having issues with his laces. I guess he got caught.

you could clearly see Lennon mouth to bale that he had pulled his hamstring and bale mouth back the word hamstring to lennon and lennon ran his hand up the back of his thigh.......well that's what my lip reading tekkers were saying

We'll miss him badly against Liverpool. Bad decision by AVB not to take him off.[/QUOTE]

We dont know for sure, but ITV reckoned AVB asked Bale and Lennon if either of them wanted to come off around the 70min mark, and both sadi they were fine to carry on.
Dont know how/where they got their info from though

We dont know for sure, but ITV reckoned AVB asked Bale and Lennon if either of them wanted to come off around the 70min mark, and both sadi they were fine to carry on.
Dont know how/where they got their info from though

Touchline reporter apparently.

Affy was right in the Liverpool OMT, Lennon being out has unbalanced the team and we lack penetration without him. I think that it is interesting that AVB is struggling to come up with a solution the same as Harry did last year.

Affy was right in the Liverpool OMT, Lennon being out has unbalanced the team and we lack penetration without him. I think that it is interesting that AVB is struggling to come up with a solution the same as Harry did last year.

really?

how odd? i actually said in that same thread that YOU were the one that was correct. In the liverpool game we seemed fine enough in our style with dembele playing out there

i would hazard a guess that today was more of an issue because stretching a team like fulham was important,...which we couldnt do without lennon.

but yeah, this whole thing is a just slight blip in the season. for the most part we are ahead of the curve

but you have to consider what we have thrown away. a chance to legitimately grab second

There is a solution though Milo

Its called playing (and im not his biggest fan) Holtby on the right and keep everything the way it is. Simple. We had a like for like in Townsend but in someones wisdom they thought that loaning him out was good

There is a solution though Milo

Its called playing (and im not his biggest fan) Holtby on the right and keep everything the way it is. Simple. We had a like for like in Townsend but in someones wisdom they thought that loaning him out was good

actually no thats not it IMO

holtby playing there i dont think offers the same threat and therefore wont stretch a team out

move bale out wide and have him think better in his movement when coming infield .

sometimes you just have to think of the team first. bale out wide would allow us to wonky it while lennon isnt here. that would work a treat

actually no thats not it IMO

holtby playing there i dont think offers the same threat and therefore wont stretch a team out

move bale out wide and have him think better in his movement when coming infield .

sometimes you just have to think of the team first. bale out wide would allow us to wonky it while lennon isnt here. that would work a treat

What I was trying to imply was a) you dont change the team for one guy and b) we DID have one in Townsend but for some very fudged up and unknown reason we decided to loan him out - and he seems to be doing the fudging deal for QPR - im infuriated by that.

What I was trying to imply was a) you dont change the team for one guy and b) we DID have one in Townsend but for some very fudged up and unknown reason we decided to loan him out - and he seems to be doing the fudging deal for QPR - im infuriated by that.

I'm not convinced AVB would have started with Townsend when Lennon was out anyway, although would have got more time from the bench.

I think we'll reap the benefits long term of Townsend playing regularly in the PL for QPR anyway....

Townsend's development is far better served at QPR playing week in week out than staying with us where there was every chance that he could have been restricted to substitute appearances.

really?

how odd? i actually said in that same thread that YOU were the one that was correct. In the liverpool game we seemed fine enough in our style with dembele playing out there

i would hazard a guess that today was more of an issue because stretching a team like fulham was important,...which we couldnt do without lennon.

but yeah, this whole thing is a just slight blip in the season. for the most part we are ahead of the curve

but you have to consider what we have thrown away. a chance to legitimately grab second

I thought that we played ok against Liverpool and certainly did enough for at least a point but we've looked unbalanced. I thought that we had an established system that would allow us to better cope with key players being out. We haven't done that, we've put square pegs in round holes, like we did last season.

Townsend's development is far better served at QPR playing week in week out than staying with us where there was every chance that he could have been restricted to substitute appearances.

That sall well and good IF we had suitable back up for Lennon and Bale but we never did. Our team is suffering as a result - so whilst it may not have been great for Townsends development it will not have hurt our own progression by having him.

You can only really laon out these players when you have atleast one back up for the team - we have zero actually.

Back