• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

*Usual Suspects Spoilers*

Don't you just ignore everything that happened & realise that Kevin Spacey's character was just a bad ass that did everything then created a fictional backstory as his alibi? A fictional back story that was composed of pieces from the notice board.

iirc the story that he tells is essentially what happened, but he throws in a couple of curve balls and changes the names around a bit because obviously he was the one they were after

The lineup was orchestrated knowing that the five would then work together. Then Kobayashi steps in and offers them a job, stopping the drug deal. But the intention all along was to wipe out the only person who could identify Soze/Verbal. There was no drugs on the boat, it was a smokescreen to kill a man. Verbal Kint even says cops tend not to believe in mythical crime figures, if you've got a dead body and you think the brother did it, chances are you are right. That leads me to believe the stories about Soze are all fabricated.

Slowly but surely, the original cast of Star Wars is announcing their return to the sequel. Actress Carrie Fisher has now confirmed that she’ll be back as Princess Leia in Star Wars VII.

In an interview with Palm Beach Illustrated, Fisher was asked about the franchise:

“Can you confirm whether you’ll reprise the role of Princess Leia?”

Fisher responded with a very simple “Yes.” When asked how she envisioned her character, she said:

“Elderly. She’s in an intergalactic old folks’ home… I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle.”

Fisher is not the first actor to confirm their participation in the new movie. A few weeks ago, Mark Hamill revealed that he’s at a stage where “they want us to go in and meet with Michael Ardnt, who is the writer, »

Confirmed: Carrie Fisher will play Princess Leia in Star Wars: Episode 7

Carrie Fisher has confirmed that she will once again play Princess Leia in 'Star Wars: Episode VII'.

In an interview with Palm Beach Illustrated, Fisher was asked directly to confirm if she would be back in the iconic role.

"Yes," she said.

Fisher was also asked what Princess Leia would be like today.

"Elderly. She's in an intergalactic old folks' home [laughs]. I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle."

She also joked that the character's 'bagel buns and bikini' would return. "She has sundowners syndrome. At sundown, she thinks that she's 20-something. And she puts it on and gets institutionalized."

Saw side effects last night. Twas Ok. Tried too hard to throw in 'twists' that were very predictable. There were some redeeming performances though, especially from Rooney Mara, who I adore.. And who can say no to a bit of Channing Tatum.

6.5/10.

Whats this new film "mama" like?

Just modern day garbage or is it a bit of a hidden gem like that Sinister was?

half the movies i had on my hard drive have straight up disappeared ](*,)

-mumorn that's a rather broad question but City of GHod and Lives of Others are my favorite foreign movies, possibly with Amelie not too far behind

Good question. The Guard would be one, fantastic little black comedy with Brendan Gleeson playing an unorthodox cop. The Raid: Redemption is an outstanding Indonesian action flick. Seven Samurai, the 1954 Japanese classic, is definitely worth a watch, if only because it inspired both Star Wars and many of the Old West flicks Hollywood put out in the 70s and 80s. City of GHod's already mentioned, and it's definitely worth a watch. Finally, Rien a Declarer is a Franco-Belgian comedy, and I chuckled through most of it, although that may have been down to inebriation.

Beyond that, in no particular order, Rang De Basanti (an Indian film),The Professional, Pan's Labyrinth and The Killer spring to mind, the last being the type of John Woo bullet-ballet everyone should watch at least once before they die. :)

Back