• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Would it not limit his options if he had the forwards duty, the free role is perfect for him as he can roam into spaces and focus on whichever opponent is weakest.

Encouraged to see Lennon getting further forward. He needs to make the leap that Gareth made in realising he is now a forward. We'd all love to see him hitting the 10 goal mark for a season.

When he gets talked about in the Ronaldo/Messi bracket, yeah.
Bingo. It's an unwinnable cycle whereby Bale is talked up to levels he can't possibly reach, and is then widely slated when he fails to reach those levels. The exact same thing is happening with Jack Wheelchair and England.

The official Premier League site now has Gareth Bale as the second highest-ranking player in the League...

P0194_zpsf629e028.png

...although your guess is as good as mine as to how they get to those figures!

The official Premier League site now has Gareth Bale as the second highest-ranking player in the League...

P0194_zpsf629e028.png

...although your guess is as good as mine as to how they get to those figures!

No PFA Player on the Year Certainty Luiz Suarez???

Although as said above how these ratings happen is more alchemy than science.

How are Chelsea for example, the top rated club side in the world now?

No PFA Player on the Year Certainty Luiz Suarez???

Although as said above how these ratings happen is more alchemy than science.

How are Chelsea for example, the top rated club side in the world now?

Umm mate in case you didn't know they're Champions of Europe AND are only second to Corinthians worldwide. Of course they are number 1...

Would it not limit his options if he had the forwards duty, the free role is perfect for him as he can roam into spaces and focus on whichever opponent is weakest.

this was one of the comments put forward when people said he shouldnt be moved from the left wing.

this was one of the comments put forward when people said he shouldnt be moved from the left wing.
Exactly, its best to have a striker that drifts and moves around the front line than one that stays static. Bale as a Lone striker with a rafa type in behind would be class. Stick in a goalscoring left winger and we have an amazing attacking front line.

didnt know you were that new around these parts, feels like you've been here for ages. a few people have been championing this for a while. its not a new concept, though at the time 99% of the board were against it, but at least this idea was raped every which way from sunday. I wish we could fish out those discussions....i'm curious as to what arguments were put so strongly AGAINST him playing as a forward...and to compare it to us shifting him back to left wing from the same people

I agree with your idea personally. though i would prefer him playing as a channel hugging forward. one that does not play with his back to goal

Fair. I can only see us getting one out of a shiny new expensive striker or a shiny new expensive ball playing midfielder just because of how they would fit into the side.. I'll wait until the end of the season before opening a topic up though.. :p

Exactly, its best to have a striker that drifts and moves around the front line than one that stays static. Bale as a Lone striker with a rafa type in behind would be class. Stick in a goalscoring left winger and we have an amazing attacking front line.

what about the defensive assignments of a lone forward though, I'd be worried they would put him in fewer positions to damage the opposition

what about the defensive assignments of a lone forward though, I'd be worried they would put him in fewer positions to damage the opposition

What he would have to do, is do as Messi does and work hard when we don't have the ball. Having Holtby in behind also helps the work rate, at times he can push on and close down the opposing CBs. Besides, bale as a Lone Striker drifting deep would unsettle their back like as the defence wouldn't know whether to drop deep or push up and mark him, this gives him space to run into or to line up a screamer.

Back