• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

am starting to come round to this world class thing........not quite sure yet, but i havent actually seen a BAD game from him...and all i have seen is him showing keepers around this league how to police a final third. not just hiw own box...but the final third...several time this season i've seen him snuff out what would be clear cut chancesfor the opposition. tihng si that if the oppo got to the ball and scored then yuo just have to hold your hands up and give them credit.....but no, lloris is having none of it

i think the world is lacking in real world class keepers as far as true quality goes but lloris is about as good as any keeper in this league on his current form

I concur. He has actually started to show his colours. They are pretty magnificent to be fair. Especially considering he had not played a game for around 15 days?

Neville used the term - sweeper keeper - I though tit was only this board used it - I thought we invented it haha

The guy is too good. Not once did I fear when they got in behind us as I knew Lloris would be there or there abouts. He really is a top quality keeper Claimed everything today and thats what I keeper should do COMMAND his area.

Neville used the term - sweeper keeper - I though tit was only this board used it - I thought we invented it haha

The guy is too good. Not once did I fear when they got in behind us as I knew Lloris would be there or there abouts. He really is a top quality keeper Claimed everything today and thats what I keeper should do COMMAND his area.

It's been around for quite a long time.

I do remember quite a few people on this board making fun of those who used that term about Lloris before and just after we signed him. Don't see that much these days...

Very good performance of him again last night. Delighted to see how well he dealt with the West Ham set plays, that was always going to be a challenge for him and our team.

There was a great angle of Bales goal where it showed Hugo celebrating, love it when you see that :D

Best keeper in the league, we have got our number 1 for the next 10 years. ([-o<)

It's been around for quite a long time.

I do remember quite a few people on this board making fun of those who used that term about Lloris before and just after we signed him. Don't see that much these days...

Very good performance of him again last night. Delighted to see how well he dealt with the West Ham set plays, that was always going to be a challenge for him and our team.

When he first came into the side Lloris was making too many mistakes whereas Friedel was by-and-large Mr Reliable, so it was for that reason many of us wanted to stick with him. Some of Lloris's early mistakes were down to defenders not expecting him to come rushing out like he did, which led to mix ups. But it was pretty obvious to most of us from Day 1 that Lloris's command of his box was going to be the big difference between the two.

When he first came into the side Lloris was making too many mistakes whereas Friedel was by-and-large Mr Reliable, so it was for that reason many of us wanted to stick with him. Some of Lloris's early mistakes were down to defenders not expecting him to come rushing out like he did, which led to mix ups. But it was pretty obvious to most of us from Day 1 that Lloris's command of his box was going to be the big difference between the two.

Agree 100 %

I just came into this thread to bring up the clearance Hugo Lloris made in the 94 min.

To have the confidence to dive backwards and punch the ball so strongely away, so deep in extra time in the north london derby at 2-1 is absolutely outstanding and world class.

Even more impressive when you consider his main weakness before joining was his physical side, and coming out to claim the ball. AVB and the coaching team deserves immense credit for blooding him in slowly, and quite clearly getting him to work on his physical side.

We are incredibly lucky to have him, and whilst Bale deserves all the plaudits, Im more than happy for the best keeper in the league to stay under the radar.

If the keepers had been reversed I think we would've lost 2-1 today. Lloris would've saved Lennon's goal and Sneezy would've spilled that low Jenkinson cross straight to Wal****'s feet. What a keeper we have.

If the keepers had been reversed I think we would've lost 2-1 today. Lloris would've saved Lennon's goal and Sneezy would've spilled that low Jenkinson cross straight to Wal****'s feet. What a keeper we have.

Not many 'keepers would have got a glove to that corner in the dying minutes either, top keeping!

on twitter, after our 2-1 win against arseanal:

@Pschmeichel1
The more I watch Lloris the more I like him – Former Manchester United keeper Peter Schmeichel praises Spurs No. 1 Hugo Lloris.

I concur. He has actually started to show his colours. They are pretty magnificent to be fair. Especially considering he had not played a game for around 15 days?

Has he, or have you (and others) just started to see the affect his play has on the team? Because he's been rushing out clearing danger, coming for crosses and basically bossing his 30 yard area each game he plays. The spotlight on his early performances were a joke and every slight thing was used to say he wasn't world class just because some on here dared to suggest that we'd bought a world class keeper!

on twitter, after our 2-1 win against arseanal:

@Pschmeichel1
The more I watch Lloris the more I like him – Former Manchester United keeper Peter Schmeichel praises Spurs No. 1 Hugo Lloris.

Does Peter Schmeichel always provide a commentary on his tweets? Superted makes stunning observation.

Not an adjective you'd normally hear in Britain, but here in the wilds of Canada my son piped up with an apt phrase for Lloris' 94th minute monster swat out:

"He bear-clawed that ball."

The man's a beast.

Thought he was great yesterday. Couldn't do anything with the goal, but very confident throughout, dealt with crosses, off his line. Looks top class, especially when compared with their train wreck of a goalie, but he looks top class every week so it's not just that.

Back