• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We need a Billionaire!

Do we need a billionaire to inject some money?

• It's the only way.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Only to pay for the stadium.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • NEVER!

Votes: 28 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well quite..yeah ..this is my point..Danny Levi has tried hard and has succeeded to an extent by getting us up to the the Champions League...should have been there last year as well.

It wil be a pity to lose one of the worlds best players just because some other greedy club want to take him and keep usdown at the same time..least us not forget!

You know what if some team wants to spunk 60 million on bale and pay for a quarter of our new stadium then let them, if it means Tottenham are going to do things the right way then so be it.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk HD

I dont want a billionaire to buy our club. I want our to club to actually achieve something through our own finances.

Im a young supporter, only 21 but when we won the carling cup in 2008, even I appreicated that it was something we did on our own two feet. It was the best feeling I had for years, no the best feeling I ever had as a spurs supporter.
If we were ever to be bought out by a billionaire and spend fortunes on new players, paid out mercenaries £250k a week and won the champions league I wouldnt feel nowhere near the same as I felt that day down Enfield High street jumping up and down, hugging random strangers and seeing all the yids out in force..

Well quite..yeah ..this is my point..Danny Levi has tried hard and has succeeded to an extent by getting us up to the the Champions League...should have been there last year as well.

It wil be a pity to lose one of the worlds best players just because some other greedy club want to take him and keep usdown at the same time..least us not forget!
Do you fellas actually read about what's being proposed for football in terms of financial regulation? OK, moot point about enforcement right now, but I hardly look at Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project right now and go - "Oh wow, I wish we were like them". That is NOT the future of football. Thank fudge.

Scaled%20table%20copy.jpg.opt438x877o0%2C0s438x877.jpg

exactly, there will always be ways around it

I don't think anyone would have problem with a billionaire investing his money in football infrastructure that the club will have for years.
Imagine if Portsmouth got a new stadium instead a few decent overpaid players for a few seasons.

here's an 80k capacity stadium as a gift, we'll pay all the bills and you can keep the gate receipts, also can we sponsor a couple of boxes for a million pound a week?

here's an 80k capacity stadium as a gift, we'll pay all the bills and you can keep the gate receipts, also can we sponsor a couple of boxes for a million pound a week?
I somewhat suspect that would fail even the stupidest fair value test that a monkey came up with. Wouldn't need a million monkeys with a million typewriters to figure that one out. Although as I said, enforcement is another point entirely.

Just wait until the new stadium is built and then we'll start generating money similar to Woolwich (who by the way have managed to stay predominantly English-owned and achieved consistent CL qualification without a sugar daddy bankrolling them - if those ****s can do it why can't we?).

thats my issue, I don't trust the enforcers, its in their interests to keep the sponsors happy, its in their interests to have the big clubs playing in the big tournaments, i really don't see anything changing

thats my issue, I don't trust the enforcers, its in their interests to keep the sponsors happy, its in their interests to have the big clubs playing in the big tournaments, i really don't see anything changing
Maybe so, but - for me at least - a lack of faith in the current regime of enforcement does not lead to the conclusion that the best possible outcome is to have a "New World Money Billionaire" plough oodles of cash into the club.

On a purely personal level I find it morally corrupt. These practices will get found out over time. I hope!

Back