• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

An opinion on Arsemania that I had to share and LOL at;

squallkid (Forum Member) on Yesterday, 11:19 pm

I think you guys are really really over rating Bale.

It seems to me that Bale can score 13 goals and get labelled as the best winger in the Premier league while Walcott scores 18 goals and he still has his detractors.

Juan Mata has 16 goals

Hazard has 8 goals and 12 assists

Podolski has 12 goals and yet his place in our team has been questioned

Bale has 13

He's far from the best winger in the league in terms of productivity, that reward goes to Mata.

I think Bale is a one trick pony who is very very overrated and the second he moves to a bigger club he'll be found out Modric style.

When we finish ahead of Spurs it will be based on our merits and the quality of our own squad and in my view it will have **** all to do with how Bale performs. Last year they were 10 points ahead of us with Bale in the team and couldn't get the job done then and they won't get it done now.

One player does not make a team. The main difference between us and them is that they can only call on one over rated but very good winger whereas we can call on a number of people in our squad to win games for us (Walcott, Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla, Wheelchair and even Diaby).

One thing is certain we WILL finish ahead of Spurs, you can take that to the bank.

What's so funny about that? Whilst a little biased there are some fair points in there?

What's so funny about that? Whilst a little biased there are some fair points in there?

Are you serious?
Bale is an enigma for our team, our engine. Similar to Suarez for Liverpool.

When he is trying to Compare Walnutt to him then thats a bit of a joke. Bale does alot more than just score goals..

Are you serious?
Bale is an enigma for our team, our engine. Similar to Suarez for Liverpool.

When he is trying to Compare Walnutt to him then thats a bit of a joke. Bale does alot more than just score goals..

You don't have to sell Bale to me, I'm quite aware of what he is to Spurs.

The point he's making is that there are plenty of others in the league with similar productivity, the Walcott comparison is wrong as he is a forward - although Bale is hardly a winger himself these days.

You can also understand him branding Bale a one trick pony, as although harsh the only way Bale is effective is by giving him space. If you nullify the space he has to run into he doesn't have the skill to beat an opponent.

Like I said, a little biased but hardly an outrageous post....

You don't have to sell Bale to me, I'm quite aware of what he is to Spurs.

The point he's making is that there are plenty of others in the league with similar productivity, the Walcott comparison is wrong as he is a forward - although Bale is hardly a winger himself these days.

You can also understand him branding Bale a one trick pony, as although harsh the only way Bale is effective is by giving him space. If you nullify the space he has to run into he doesn't have the skill to beat an opponent.

Like I said, a little biased but hardly an outrageous post....

There were some stats in fact, someone posted about Bale Vs Walcott. I think on average, Bale had twice as many touches, twice as many passes, and around ten times as many tackles and interceptions as lickle FEO. Bale actually has footballing ability, walcott can run fast and has a good shot.

There were some stats in fact, someone posted about Bale Vs Walcott. I think on average, Bale had twice as many touches, twice as many passes, and around ten times as many tackles and interceptions as lickle FEO. Bale actually has footballing ability, walcott can run fast and has a good shot.

Yup, really don't rate Walcott although he has improved.

But you have to wonder if Bale is overrated in a sense because we don't have many outstanding talents in our team. Your Matas/Cazorlas/Hazards etc are on the same sort of level yet whilst getting recognition not the heights of what Bale does because they have other big match winning players, we don't. Like Modric who looked outstanding at us being the big fish he has gone to Madrid and doesn't stand out any longer. Same with Berbatov when he went to Man U, although still a success he never took the plaudits to the extent he did at Spurs.

When Bale does go to Real or wherever it will be interesting to see whether he kicks on there or fails to live up to expectations. I think he'll swim, but do think it's a fair question to raise as whether he is currently being a little overrated....

Comparing Walcott to Bale in terms of quality is a joke.

Bale has improved on how good he was when he won player of the year.

Nail on head.

Yup, really don't rate Walcott although he has improved.

But you have to wonder if Bale is overrated in a sense because we don't have many outstanding talents in our team. Your Matas/Cazorlas/Hazards etc are on the same sort of level yet whilst getting recognition not the heights of what Bale does because they have other big match winning players, we don't. Like Modric who looked outstanding at us being the big fish he has gone to Madrid and doesn't stand out any longer. Same with Berbatov when he went to Man U, although still a success he never took the plaudits to the extent he did at Spurs.

When Bale does go to Real or wherever it will be interesting to see whether he kicks on there or fails to live up to expectations. I think he'll swim, but do think it's a fair question to raise as whether he is currently being a little overrated....

While Mata, Cazorla, Hazard are good. I'd say all three are amazing technical players, the first two being quality playmakers superior to Bale in that department. Hazard can grow into the playmaker role or he may become more of a Ribery. The main difference between them and Bale, is that Bale is an outstanding physical specimen, he's amazingly quick, possess and immense muscular physique and appears to have unlimited energy reserves. Not only is he quick, but his top speed when running with the ball is far superior to a lot of players. Mata may be able to be stopped by someone quicker and bigger even if he can outfox them; Bale can dribble past them or can burst past with pace or strength.

It seems to me that Bale can score 13 goals and get labelled as the best winger in the Premier league while Walcott scores 18 goals and he still has his detractors.

Juan Mata has 16 goals
Bale has 13

He's far from the best winger in the league in terms of productivity, that reward goes to Mata.

I think Bale is a one trick pony who is very very overrated and the second he moves to a bigger club he'll be found out Modric style.

When we finish ahead of Spurs it will be based on our merits and the quality of our own squad and in my view it will have **** all to do with how Bale performs. Last year they were 10 points ahead of us with Bale in the team and couldn't get the job done then and they won't get it done now.

One player does not make a team. The main difference between us and them is that they can only call on one over rated but very good winger whereas we can call on a number of people in our squad to win games for us (Walcott, Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla, Wheelchair and even Diaby).

One thing is certain we WILL finish ahead of Spurs, you can take that to the bank.

He was born to play for Spurs.................

I would like to bring back something i raised some 3 years ago. i think now even to those that like the tried and trusted method or "if it aint broke then dont fix it" it has to be worth consideration,

bale as a channel raping forward? (ala henry)

thoughts?

I would like to bring back something i raised some 3 years ago. i think now even to those that like the tried and trusted method or "if it aint broke then dont fix it" it has to be worth consideration,

thoughts?

yes please.

did you all know Walcotts better though?

i have heard this.

the litmus test would be if you were to do a survey....."Arsenal fans. we will GIVE you bale if you Give us walcott. YES or NO?"

pretty sure it would be 100% .............No?

thoughts?

Still think his best position is tucked in just behind the forward as opposed to an out and out forward. Bit like playing him on the left wing, he has far too much ability to limit him to one position.

Last edited:

Juan Mata has 16 goals

Bale has 13

When I read all that I smell fear.

Back