• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

If you look in the Lloris thread you can see that I'm not in the Lloris-fan-boy camp but he did ok today, none of the goals were his fault. He didn't do anything outstanding, but he did stand up and command his box against through-balls and crosses.

Two questions for you. How long have the problems - as you see them - existed? And how confident are you that they will be addressed based on our recent history?

Main problem now is midfield and that's from Modric leaving and Parker and Dembele being injured. We've struggled to find that right striker for a few seasons now. I think we'll address them, but not with the world class players some might be expecting. We aren't City or Chelsea, we need to find some more Sandros and Modrics and Bales. I'd take a stopgap signing in midfield, surely there's someone out there who can play a quick passing game and maintain possession that doesn't cost £15 million or more.

The problems AVB has got:

- took over from a popular manager who had just finished 4th and who the media in particular are behind
- took over after a chastening experience at the circus that is Chelsea under Abramovich so his reputation was under question
- Got handed a weaker squad than last season with retirement of King and the loss of Modric & VDV
- Didn't get to choose his own players and got players given him of an inferior quality
- Has also had horrific injury problems and a tough recent fixture list

I can forgive the poor(ish) results first 3 games as we AGAIN didn't do any decent transfer business until the last week of the window and he went into the season with a ridiculously thin squad and only one fudging striker in the squad.

Since then he's only really had one terrible game which was Wigan at home. His only other defeats were Chelsea (H), City (A), Arsenal (A), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) which to be fair you'd expect us to lose anyway.

I'm not going to judge AVB until I feel he has had a fair crack of the whip with a fully fit squad of his own choosing. Sadly, I'm not sure he'll ever get that chance at Spurs.

We're thread bare in central midfield. Not sure how that happened. Can't believe he tried to get rid of Huddlestone considering our depth there.

I'm proud of the 2nd half display but let's be honest.... we have no fight. I don't even blame AVB for that. Unfortunately it's just evident in a number of our players.

I must say I was proud of how we were performing before the sending (wtf Ade???) but a spanking is a spanking (which was on the cards anyway with our missing players).

You have to ask, would any of the top 3 or our rivals for top 4 capitulated like that after going down to 10? We have some serious brittle mentality issues at the club which have been here a LONG time.

And do people want to re-think Gutterboy's assessment (prophecy?) about Walker's limitations before he joined us now? Even with 11 men, he looked likke a pub player.

I must also say, this win fkor Arsenal only papers over their massive cracks imo. They are in a fight for 4th; let's hope we can hang on in there as well.

F knows how we'll cope in our next 3 league games without Ade...

well that was truly horrible wasn't it?

Only slightly less annoying than last year, 'cos we didn't blow a TWO goal lead (only a one-goal lead!)

It still stinks like a tramps rancid arsehole when we lose to those ****s though, doesn't it?

Back