• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City OMT***

All you ever do is slate Levy and AVB - give it a rest ffs.

He brought on Verts for some extra bodies and quality at the back knowing they come at us hard in the last 10 mins with nothing to lose

worked a treat didnt it??

slate AVB and Levy?? Levy yes i have for quite a while, dont like the way he waits till the last minute to buy players

but i like AVB. However he is making some strange decisions and choices when it comes to subs, tactics, Lloris, Ade

Strange thing is i was enjoying that match, and for 80 mins we where tinkling it.

Lots of positives from the game for me.

Ive been saying for some time now that we only seem to play for 80 mins at most. Has cost us points against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. West Brom, Norwich, Pana and we were extremely lucky against Man U and Soton. Now Norwich have scored two to knock us out of a cup, In the same time frame, we have actually scored zilch, nada, nothing, zip.

Get a f+++ing grip ffs. To dare is to do. Someone tell him.

Lololol... More of the same. I hate to say it but I'm getting bored with AVB very quickly. Someone needs to give him a poke and tell him one goal is never enough in this league, especially if you're clad in liliwhite.

Don't think Carroll was anything more than average, not ready for this level yet. Misplaced passes, definitely not controlling the midfield, needs to bulk up and get himself more involved. The combination of Norwich moving more men forward and Vertonghen being half asleep is what cost us. That and the lack of a striker.

Only noticed Dempsey when he was coming deep and Sigurdsson completely invisible apart from when he got fouled late on.

Lloris and Falque good, Naughton did his chances little harm either.

I disagree re: Carroll. Not only are you being harsh, I think you're confusing him with Sig!!!! he played several EXCELLENT passes tonight and was constantly looking to be involved/wanting the ball. Again, with him and Livermore in there, we didn't look like conceding. Whether we looked like ripping up trees is a different story!!!!!
Carroll was our only midfielder who could keep the ball; a couple of misplaced passes perhaps, certainly no more than many around him IMO...

Tonight he replaced the much-maligned Livermore at HT for the much-championed Hudd (a move which could be seen as 'positive' in so much as he is a DM with better passing range)...he took off Carroll (first game of the season so not likely to be out there all night) and replaced him with Verts, who a few have wanted to see in midfield! I think once again we saw how stretched we are squad-wise. The ONLY change he could've made which would've been perhaps better (in hindsight) would've been Townshend for Caroll, as they were at that point going for an equalizer and Andros could've perhaps punished them...weird game really...still waiting for Sig to arrive...

True. I think its more to do with when we are ahead. I think we need to distinguish between the subs he makes when we are behind and when we are in front.

When we are in front, im sorry, he goes too negative. When we are behind he can make and has made positive changes. Its the when we are in front bit im concerned about as we have dropped points from winning positions (which can happen not saying they dont) but we look suspect when in front.

I am not really bothered about tonights game (dont care too much about it) but picking out trends.

worked a treat didnt it??

slate AVB and Levy?? Levy yes i have for quite a while, dont like the way he waits till the last minute to buy players

but i like AVB. However he is making some strange decisions and choices when it comes to subs, tactics, Lloris, Ade

what change would you liked to have seen us make after going 1 up ?

Lololol... More of the same. I hate to say it but I'm getting bored with AVB very quickly. Someone needs to give him a poke and tell him one goal is never enough in this league, especially if you're clad in liliwhite.

I know, being fourth in the league is just completely and utterly brick, how dare he!

Good thing we got two at the weekend and three at Old Trafford before we tried this malarky then eh?!! :lol:

be careful, you'll be labelled an AVB hater and a Redknapp lover :)

Its not just been this season, its been going on for a while now. Besides that first goal was just a bad piece of judgement by Vertonghen, not due to people being unfit.

Yes it has.
Really needs a thread devoted to this because last season we also let in more late goals than we scored, which is ridiculous, it's much worse this season though and it's costing us big time.

what's funny is, at 1-2 down, and a last minute penalty, you STILL couldn't see us winning...
yet ArseAnal at 0-4 down, they were in with a chance!

I sill think the teams were 'advised' to make these games as exciting as possible... last minute goals (everywhere) / unlikely ridiculous comebacks (ArseAnal) / last minute gaols (ArseAnal, TWICE) late penalties (us and Chelsea) it's been happening in loads of games... don't tell me there ain't some Far East betting syndicate cashing in on all of this?

fudging football's fudged!

It's like the team, once ahead, want to show boat. They no longer get their head down and graft - as we did once we'd lost the lead. AVB has to sort out that mentality. fudging graft that much harder once your 1-0 up with 10mins left! FFS.

A lot of young players. Lacked maturity and strength to see it through. BUt its only the crappy cup. Onto bigger, hopefully better things.

Back