• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City OMT***

Looking forward to this. Just wish we'd gotten Smith over Walker.

i want to see smiht, but there is a limit to how many kids you can play before it becomes negative for the players involves and doesnt help development;

walks is quite inexperienced

the look at naughton, carrol, falque, caulker, even livermore to a certain extent

Very happy with the line up

Yes a good mix of established 1st team regulars with a few of the back-up. Still looks a strong enough line-up to be able to get something from the tie, while hopefully the likes of Defoe, Lennon and Vertonghen will get a rest

I'm a little worried about our central midfield. The Norwich players might not be that well known, but they're probably seasoned veterans in making their presence felt.

I would guess at Bale(L) Sigurdsson(C) Falque(R) but no doubt Bale and Falque switching wings sometime in the 2nd half

I wouldn't be surprised if he used Falque through the middle and Siggy out right, seeing as he has put Siggy there a few times now. It'd be a mistake imo (because Siggy needs confidence and will get it playing in his proper position), but I wouldn't be surprised.

i want to see smiht, but there is a limit to how many kids you can play before it becomes negative for the players involves and doesnt help development;

walks is quite inexperienced

There's not much between Smith and Walker in age, quality, experience.
Smith's no kid anymore, 21 years old, England U21 international, decent amount of senior game experience out on loan.
If he hadn't been good enough to be used now, he never will be neither. Next season this entire age group (Smith, Caulker, Mason, Townsend, Parrett etc.) will all be seniors and have to be registered as such to be eligible to play in the Premier League.
As said, they're not kids, they are young adults at a make it or break age

I'm a little worried about our central midfield. The Norwich players might not be that well known, but they're probably seasoned veterans in making their presence felt.
We do look a bit weak in the middle of the park, and the likes of Howson, Surman, and Fox are decent footballers with good experience. I am sure they will fancy themselves agaisnt Livermore and Carroll.

We do look a bit weak in the middle of the park, and the likes of Howson, Surman, and Fox are decent footballers with good experience. I am sure they will fancy themselves agaisnt Livermore and Carroll.

Depends if Carroll turns up tonight. He has the ability to dictate the pace of the game with Livermore to protect him... Big, big challenge though.

Smith's no kid anymore, 21 years old, England U21 international, decent amount of senior game experience out on loan.
If he hadn't been good enough to be used now, he never will be neither. Next season this entire age group (Smith, Caulker, Mason, Townsend, Parrett etc.) will all be seniors and have to be registered as such to be eligible to play in the Premier League.

Smith can cut the mustard I reckon. He's a late developer but has really come on physically. Its just that he has Walker and Naughton ahead of him.

crazy, didnt realise he was that old now!!
he probably need a loan like walker or caulker had tbh - to a mid table prem club and see if he sinks or swims

Agreed. But here is a real chance for Carroll to show if he really is good enough back up.

Livermore cant be as bad again as the reports on him at Soton - or can he?

Back