• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed Brad Friedel will start in goal for Tottenham Hotspur against Reading on Sunday, but insists there is 'no issue' with new signing Hugo Lloris.

Spurs signed Lloris from Lyon before the transfer window closed and there were many who expected the France international to immediately replace Friedel.

However, Friedel's impressive display against Norwich City prompted Villas-Boas to say the 41-year-old remained his No.1, comments which disappointed France coach Didier Deschamps.

Lloris also conceded it was 'not nice to hear', however, Villas-Boas has spoken to the 25-year-old and explained why he is sticking with Friedel against Reading.

"We have had a conversation with Hugo. We are extremely happy that he is part of this squad. We have no doubts about his talent and his future in the club, but against Reading we have made the decision to continue with Brad," said Villas-Boas.

"At the moment we feel that Brad is looking consistent and deserves (to play) bearing in mind his last performance against Norwich, and against West Brom, which was extremely positive.

"Hugo just has to be patient and of course he will be patient. He knows that he competes for the first team. He told me: 'I'm here to compete and I'm here to prove that I'm the best'.

"When you hear this from a player you know that the commitment is there for him to make sure that he gets into that position, so there is no issue whatsoever."

Excellent grab

Villas-Boas already had three goalkeepers on his books - Heurelho Gomes, Carlo Cudicini and Friedel - by the time he landed Lloris, who captained France to wins over Finland and Belarus during the international break.

The Portuguese insists signing Lloris will prove to be the right move in the long-term, however, as he looks to lower the average age of his first team.

"We've decided, bearing in mind what we want to do regarding the future, we needed to bring a player of Hugo's talents to the team as soon as possible - and bearing in mind the market possibilities and the price that we got for Hugo, it was an excellent grab for us," Villas-Boas said.

Lloris may even miss out on a place on Tottenham's bench for Sunday's game as he has only trained once with the squad since his move due to the international break.

"I haven't decided (whether he will be on the bench)," added the Spurs boss.

"I will decide after training tomorrow, but he will be in contention after the game against Reading, because he will also have more time with the team, more time to know his team-mates."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8078979/Andre-Villas-Boas-confirms-Brad-Friedel-will-start-for-Tottenham-against-Reading

Win-win the way I see it.

Either Friedal will lose form soon and we have a top international keeper ready to come in.

Or Friedal has a perfect season with no mistakes and we win the league.

Yes. As I've said before you don't leave your club, as your countries captain and number one, unless your going to be number one at your new club.

December is a long time to wait. No doubt he wouldn't have joined if he'd known that and will probably start to feel resentment towards the club, Levy and AVB if that's the case.

We need to find a way of getting him into the side ASAP

No time for sentiment. Brad knows he won't be first choice all season his interviews confirm this. Thanks brad but time to move on.

I would expect the France Captain, and one of the best Keepers in the world to start over a guy who whilst he was a good keeper is on the decline. There is little room for sentiment when it comes to results, how many of us where quick to call to drop King last season?

Lloris not happy, according to reporters at the game, they said they didnt give him any pre match warming up and trainning! He looked upset!

Lloris not happy, according to reporters at the game, they said they didnt give him any pre match warming up and trainning! He looked upset!

Almost 100% certain that is flimflam.

From the pre-match warmup today:
24d10nr.jpg

Grainy pic, but you can see Friedel running away from the camera and another goalie in goal warming up (guy with big white gloves ;)) with one of the coaches.

Would be incredibly strange for us to warm up some goalkeeper that wasn't on the bench and although the pic is grainy I think that's Lloris.

As far as him looking upset, well, he was a footballer on the bench at his new club. Not sure how he's expected to look.

Trust the club.
Reporters are doing anything they can to destabilize us right now. Note how Rodgers is getting away with virtually no pressure compared to AVB and Spurs. It's a non-story. Friedel is 41, Lloris will be out #1 for many years to come...

Trust the club.
Reporters are doing anything they can to destabilize us right now. Note how Rodgers is getting away with virtually no pressure compared to AVB and Spurs. It's a non-story. Friedel is 41, Lloris will be out #1 for many years to come...

Exactly. There really is nothing to see here. As Spurs fans we need to help stamp these pathetic agenda stories out (not fuel them)

The correct way to select players is the way AVB is taking. What would it say to other team members is they witnessed BF being bombed out for nothing. (thats not sentiment, thats ethical)

He has been solid and consistent for us just when we needed a solid and consistent keeper.

Lloris could well be a better keeper and when he is still our no.1 keeper five seasons down the line this 3 months will be looked back on for what it is....a small slice of nothingness.

If Lloris got straight in and had a De Gea type start..........then what crawl back to brad? (luckily he would be professional enough to step back up)

Did anyone think a less lethargic keeper might have kept out Reading's goal today? I know it wasn't really his fault, but I just have memories of Gomes pulling out the most ridiculous stops (Arsenal 2-1 at home), and I think he would have got there!

As much as I like Friedel as a person, and as solid as he is, I hope Lloris starts against Lazio and does enough to win the shirt.

Lloris will play the Europa games over the next month or two and with some decent performances, will then usurp Freidel. THink that by November he'll be starting our league games

Back