• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, 1173 byebye Modric, Medical reports pg 1244

Not sure if he was being serious or not, since there are a lot of people excited at the prospect of signing black players such as Dembele?

Apparently we're in the run for Carlos Kickaball though so I'm happy as Larry

I simply find the logic of 'not rating an African player = Racist' bizzare to say the least

i hear what you're saying but...the word often is the problem here. to imply often would point towards a majority or a very noticeable propotion which is not accuarte in my view.

who tends to pick up the ball from deep and move it around?
who supplies the suppliers?
who has the most defensive responsibility of the Non primary defensive players?

all the above would be modric

as for modric finding himself on the egde of the area? well i can assume that it would be when we are pressuring the opposition in which case even the likes of sandro and thud wouldnt be that far behind.....its just our team pushing up. would you say that when modric is allegedly 'often' in those areas that he is ahead of VDV? or that VDV is more withdrawn than modric? i would say no to boh of those personally.

Not sure why modric would elect to pass though..that there is anyones guess. but i dont think modric is in those positions nearly as much as people would suggest...definately not often enough to allow for a shot regularly

I'm not suggesting that you spend the next week trawling through old Spurs footage. But I am pretty much suggesting all the things that you said. That Luka would find himself in a position in a lot of games where the game was stretched and had an opportunity to either pass or make a last surge and only now and again would he take the greedy option, commendable to a degree, but it usually ends up with an organised defence and a lost opportunity.

To say that Modric is some sort of fulcrum and that is where his duties and ability stop is wrong imo. He is more than capable of making 15/20 yard surges to bring the ball quickly into the final third and he is capable of showing up in intelligent positions, he actually does... did both for Spurs. The problem was that final decision where he would often slow things a touch as he didn't want to take the gamble.

it must be (JOKE JOKE JOKE JOOOOOOOOOOOOKE)!!! LOL

although i couldnt help but see one person in particular try to dig a grave for me and then put pressure on the board authorities to do something by claiming i wouldnt get pulled up on it.

Now THAT is low, sigh.... fine, i'll abstain from making black or 'racial' jokes. you'd think i was one person that could do it and get away with it
It wasn't a joke though was it?

although i couldnt help but see one person in particular try to dig a grave for me and then put pressure on the board authorities to do something by claiming i wouldnt get pulled up on it.

Now THAT is low, sigh.... fine, i'll abstain from making black or 'racial' jokes. you'd think i was one person that could do it and get away with it

Don't worry about it fella.
Some people just have agendas and chips that are carried everywhere with them.

You can, but your post read that you were calling people out as rascist. As covered in the "Abuse" thread in random, just a smilie changes the dynamic of your post completely.

No problems here though, thought it was out of character.

There may not be a problem NOW, but there clearly was before otherwise you and people wouldnt have all found issue with it

i'll be sure to put a smilie next time on a joke. just tink it sort of kills the light hearted humour...but my lesson has been learnt

Re: The 25K posts and it's all gone very quiet summer transfer thread #Levytime

i thought this thread was done with descending into madness.. clearly i was mistaken.

Good grief - are you black?

:)

I really hope this Rafa move doesn't go through he is a special player we should be holding on to. I don't care about if its so called "good business". Even if some of these other moves go through by losing him and Modric I think we would be taking a big step back in terms of quality

thinks is got as much to do with his family life mate - can't really begrudge him that

so you honestly believe that i think that cause someone doesnt rate a a black player then they must be racist?

okay then. there is nothing left to say here.
Please find a quote of me saying that. No, I just think that saying for someone to 'ignore the natural born racists' is very immature, when nothing of the sort has occurred.

Goal.com. Written for fans BY fans.

Needs a serious brick-filter.

- Yes, the information you received is correct. We are negotiating Seleznyov’s transfer with Dnipro. I believe that if everything goes well, this subject should be closed today. When all the formalities are settled, a corresponding statement will appear on the official website. As for the rest of our players, no new proposals have been reported. Mr. Levy, the Chairman of Tottenham Hotspur FC, personally flew to Donetsk to negotiate over Willian. But his latest offer was 15 million euros, which we, of course, did not accept. Levy, by the way, hinted that besides Willian, Villas-Boas was interested in Douglas Costa and Fernandinho, but he mentioned that just casually, without any specifics. As for the alleged interest expressed by Juventus in Luiz Adriano, I learned about it, just like you did, on the Internet.

Please find a quote of me saying that. No, I just think that saying for someone to 'ignore the natural born racists' is very immature, when nothing of the sort has occurred.

dude i dont need , just you thinking i was being serious even after saying i wasnt is more than enough if you get my drift.

i could have said 'ignore these racist" or "they are all racists" or "these racists dont know nothing"......... all of which would have been taken negatively as it has been now.

but anyway.. enough enterainment...seems like you and the other person i expect to do these things have done a job on me :(

James don't do that mate. You're not usually like that so don't start badgering people about the same point when they've already explained themselves as its fudging annoying. Let the posters that get a thrill out of doing things like that continue to do so but don't join in.

Back