• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

No doubting Pietersen's talent (although I think he's a bit overrated), but he sure does like grabbing the headlines for himself doesn't he?!

Didn't a lot of those runs come early on though? Just feels like he goes long periods with few runs. The thing is with people like Trott and Cook, who will just pile the runs with discipline, and without ego, it's hard to see the worth Pietersen brings anymore. I won't be sad if he does retire.

Didn't a lot of those runs come early on though? Just feels like he goes long periods with few runs. The thing is with people like Trott and Cook, who will just pile the runs with discipline, and without ego, it's hard to see the worth Pietersen brings anymore. I won't be sad if he does retire.

I do agree with you, but I like being entertained watching cricket, and KP like Freddie before him defo are Hollywood cricketers, entertaining, explosive

Pietersen is an exciting player though, improvises well and scores quickly. People will always like that.

Only a few weeks ago, KP was on Talksport saying he loved test cricket and wanted to get to 10000 runs. Seems a bit of a U turn in a short time???

Dominic Cork claims England's players have lost patience with Kevin Pietersen and believes the batsman is an isolated figure in the dressing room.

Pietersen said after the drawn second Test with South Africa on Monday that he could not guarantee the third Test would not be his last, saying there were "obstacles" to him continuing as a Test cricketer.

And speaking to Sky Sports News, former England all-rounder Cork said: "You've got to take your hat off to Kevin Pietersen - that was a fantastic innings at Headingley - but what disappointed a lot of players within that changing room was his reaction.

"There are obviously players whose patience is wearing thin at the moment; this isn't a one-off story with Kevin Pietersen and I think that when you're in that changing room - and what I'm hearing - is that England players now are actually sick and tired of hearing about Kevin Pietersen in a series that is one of the biggest series England have had since Australia.

"What it does is it takes the focus away from exactly what this is all about. It's not about a Kevin Pietersen story, it's about an England side who are trying to hold onto that No.1 status.

"They are struggling at the moment, 1-0 down, despite a better performance at Headingley which was mainly down to a fantastic innings [from Pietersen].

"But the interview after the second Test was a sad indictment of a cricketer who is lost and lonely in that team."

That interview KP did after the Headingley test was embarassing!

It's not like he's our best player in every test. Some of the shots he hits when he gets out looks like he plays without a brain at times!

I see the Kevin Pietersen spoof twitter account KP Genius has been closed

KevPietersen24 KP Genius @VaughanCricket Yorkshire fancy signing KP on loan for Finals day? Make sure theres a big crowd.I dont play T20 in front of less than 20,000 About two weeks ago via web FavoriteRetweet Reply

KevPietersen24 KP Genius Note to ex-pros. Make sure you're better than KP before you have a pop. Which means unless you're Don Bradman, keep your mouth shut. About one week ago via Twitter for iPhoneFavoriteRetweet Reply

KevPietersen24 KP Genius It doesn't take that woman from "Murder she wrote" to work out that this isn't a team mate of KP. I've been tweeting during Tests!

:ross:

So KP says he wants to play all forms of cricket again and then gets dropped for being a taco in texts to his saffie mates

Good on the management for being strong..

KP tried to bully England into letting him play the cricket he wanted to and failed.

He needs to be a man and sit down with the ECB and apologise, wont happen in this day an age, people that are cowards woudl rather send in their advisers than sort it off their own backs, thats one of the big problems in modern sport.....

Didn't he put out a video apologising and making himself available for all forms? I think it was Saturday, but the selectors met on Friday. What is not clear is if this is a one match "ban" and that they will take him back or if its the final parting.

Didn't he put out a video apologising and making himself available for all forms? I think it was Saturday, but the selectors met on Friday. What is not clear is if this is a one match "ban" and that they will take him back or if its the final parting.

Nope he has been banned because he hasnt apologised

Just watched his youtube PR campaign, sorry interview. Not once did he say the words "sorry" or "I apologise". Would have been better off not doing this!

Back