• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official 2012/2013 expectations*

Expectations for EPL Season 2102-13? (one vote only)

• Top the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd in the league (no silverware)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously I'm hoping for some massive changes, but as it stands I see confusion, a Europa League push and 6th. Of course, when we sign Messi's 6.2ft tall sub 10.00 second running long lost brother I will change my expectations to be winning all the sports.

I'm thinking we will get 4th..just and win the league cup this of course is on the assumption that we sign Ade and another striker.

Let's look at this properly shall we:

Emirates Marketing Project - Out of sight
Man Utd - Out of sight
Chelsea - If they aren't out of sight then it is a disgrace, the money they have been spending and the fact they have bought every midfielder in Europe
L'Arse - Didn't beat them last year, they have strengthened better than us so far and seem intent on getting themselves a midfielder

Unless we seriously shake things up, we'll be lucky to fight against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Pool... Where exactly are our goals coming from? I think we're going to leak a lot of goals in the first part of the season as our backline finds its feet and with all the best intentions in the world, our midfield cannot make up for the lack of strikers.

This window currently has the potential to be a disaster for our creativity

Man Utd - Out of sight
Chelsea - If they aren't out of sight then it is a disgrace, the money they have been spending and the fact they have bought every midfielder in Europe
L'Arse - Didn't beat them last year, they have strengthened better than us so far and seem intent on getting themselves a midfielder

Unless we seriously shake things up, we'll be lucky to fight against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Pool... Where exactly are our goals coming from? I think we're going to leak a lot of goals in the first part of the season as our backline finds its feet and with all the best intentions in the world, our midfield cannot make up for the lack of strikers.

Agreed ... and that's ignoring what's happening with Luka :(

Man Utd - Out of sight

City and United will be the top 2 agreed. After last season, I don't hold any hopes for finishing above the scum. I'm not sure about Chelsea. They have some great players, but they've got an average manager.

Man Utd - Out of sight

Spot on. Not keen on this high line. I fear teams with pace will punish us severely

5th plus Silverware.

Utd, City and Chavs are out of sight. Currently, I don't think we have the firepower to fight Arsenal (I know we don't) but if that changes and we get a couple of goalscorers in we could get 4th. We'll always be dangerous in cups with the side we have. I fancy some League Cup.

I know its cliche, but reckon that this will be a transitional season, with some experimentation by AVB, but ultimately trying to get a fixed formula.

A lot is contingent both on the striker and on the Modric situations.

I'd expect 5th.

I'd be happy with 4th, or 5th and Europa League win

isnt there another thread asking this exact same question? nothing has changed for me since then

i now know exactly what i expect...top 5, 6 minimum (even then it will have a strong taste of failure) and and us strongly competing for 4th.

and to not be outclassed by anyone in the league this year....as in totally humiliated

Too much has changed from last season for it to click properly I think plus we are looking so lightweight up front - hard to see where the goals are coming from just now.

Expect the Manchester mafia and the two scums will end up above us this year as they've both bought well.

5th at best, maybe worse I'd say. Least optimistic (and least enthusastic) I've felt going into a new season for a while.

Too much has changed from last season for it to click properly I think plus we are looking so lightweight up front - hard to see where the goals are coming from just now.

Expect the Manchester mafia and the two scums will end up above us this year as they've both bought well.

5th at best, maybe worse I'd say. Least optimistic (and least enthusastic) I've felt going into a new season for a while.

the general concensus from people here is that AVB is tactically in another league to harry. chances are that we would get 'someone' for our attacking options too...and we have a relativel settled pesonell.....no reason why AVB should be expected to deliver below 5th.

not to mention he and verts keep talking about the league

Top of the league and silverware - AVB said it, Kane will deliver it

Echo !

But realistically, mid-table and looking to improve and progress next season is more likely.

Is there going to be a thread on which manager is likely to be fired first in the league ??

Man Utd - Out of sight

Agree with this. Unless we announce a couple of incoming transfers that significantly strengthen our midfield and strike force (not counting Adebayor which I expect to happen) we should realistically be happy if we manage to outperform Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine and finish 5th.

The target has to be the same as last season, top four and Champions League qualification.

I don't think anyone can EXPECT silverware to be totally honest - i expect us to have a good go in each of the knock out competitions but i can't demand a trophy.

5th is what i want as a minimum i guess in the league but would by no means be distraught if we finished lower, provided there was signs of progression.

(there are 4 teams better than us in the league and i couldn't demand that we finish 4th)

Back