• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

They're both awesome, go to both. I did a summer of going to every test a few years back, fudging loved it

As wonderful as it is, Lords is my least favourite of all the grounds I've been too. It is way too stuffy

Blew it in the T20 final last weekend after tinkling the semi, got 180 batting first in the semi, 159 in the final and they knocked them off.

Won again on Sat, we are 7 points clear at the top with a game in hand, 6 games to go, undefeated since the first Saturday of the season.

I need to experience a test match at Headingley..

They do say the best atmosphere is Edgbaston

The Eric Hollies stand at Edgbaston on a Saturday is a great atmosphere.
Its close between that and the Fox Road at Trent Bridge.
Western Terrace at Headingley is more of a football crowd I'd say and same seemed to be the case when we sat in Peter May stand at the Oval this year.
Been to Old Trafford once but can't remember where we sat - don't remember it being very lively but it was a grey day v Kiwis so not a lot to shout about.
Just need to get into Lords now to do the set.

Last edited:
Anyone watching the cricket? Weve got 39 overs to reach 253, pietersen has been promoted to opener! Were going for it

The Eric Hollies stand at Edgbaston on a Saturday is a great atmosphere.
Its close between that and the Fox Road at Trent Bridge.
Western Terrace at Headingley is more of a football crowd I'd say and same seemed to be the case when we sat in Peter May stand at the Oval this year.
Been to Old Trafford once but can't remember where we sat - don't remember it being very lively but it was a grey day v Kiwis so not a lot to shout about.
Just need to get into Lords now to do the set.

You wouldn't get away with the chants I've heard on the (old) Western Terrace at most football grounds!

England's chances of a sensational finish recede when Pieterson is out.

What does everyone make of the Pietersen thing? On the face of it sounds like he's getting greedy and wants to play more IPL etc but there may be a few more divisions in the ECB than it looks

What does everyone make of the Pietersen thing? On the face of it sounds like he's getting greedy and wants to play more IPL etc but there may be a few more divisions in the ECB than it looks

Its a money issue and KP being able to rent himself out to the highest bidder. Chris Gayle started the trend and KP looks set to follow

For him to say anything else would be being dishonest in my opinion, I would also see it as damaging to the ECB if he comes out and lays the blame at the door of the hand that not only fed KP for many years but gave him the platform to play on. He has to be careful what he says, his profile means that what ever he says can be damaging to the sport especially if it is him trying to cover up the fact he is a trying to pimp himself out.

I am not for any reason trying to say the ECB is whiter than white but they have done more good than bad in recent years and it has been their programme and investment which has given the England team both senior and youth the best of the best in terms of training, conditioning and facilities.

He is making himself that 'jack the lad, don't stick to the rules' bad boy, cos eventually it will sell more books! He does have that 'I can hit it for 6' mentality though, which is helping his image and resale, but doing nothing for the future of English cricket

How many ODIs have been scheduled for this tour?

August

24 1st ODI, Cardiff (10:15 BST)

28 2nd ODI, Southampton (d/n) (14:00 BST)

31 3rd ODI, The Oval (d/n) (14:00 BST)

September

2 4th ODI, Lord's (10:15 BST)

5 5th ODI, Trent Bridge (d/n) (14:00 BST)

8 1st Twenty20 international, Chester-le-Street (14:30 BST)

10 2nd Twenty20 international, Old Trafford (d/n) (18:30 BST)

12 3rd Twenty20 international, Edgbaston (d/n) (18:30 BST)

I hate that, 5 ODIs and 3 T20s is too much and has meant its only a 3 test series which is nothing.

Numbers 1 and 2 in the world only playing 3 tests is pathetic, should be 5.

Horrible decision to play only three tests. This should have been a proper showdown.

On Pietersen, clearly he wants to play IPL for the money and would like to continue playing for England in tests and T20, especially the world cup. The ECB insist players are available for ODI and T20. I can see the ECB position as it might be the end of one day cricket if players can choose T20 or ODI. On the other hand there is too much international cricket and the IPL compounds the problem. I think the ECB could find some middle ground for older players to opt out of one form while keeping the rules for younger players, but they can't really back down now.

If Pietersen retires from England duty totally, then I wonder of he have enough quality cricket to prepare for the IPL? He could no doubt play for a county, but is that enough? Or could he just travel the world just playing T20 in various counties/provinces?

Back