• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

The funniest part of that was the unsuspecting families of Liverpool walking down the street and suddenly met with 1,000 yids shouting 8th place and Suarez chants at them, one the kids will never forget hahahaha

"Suarez is a racist, Suarez is a Racist"....Haha...the kids parents looked horrified!

One thing I would like to add after watching training Friday regarding Bentley. I had hopes Bentley could turn things over with a fresh start under AVB but after watching him in training it is pretty apparent that he is still the same old Bentley. He wears his training shorts like thongs he is wearing to a beach and spent most the time fudging around and trying to hit people with balls when they were stretching or actually trying to do the training drills. Total clown.

CM is one of the most important positions on the pitch, he was dictating games that season, integral to our side.

I don't think there was a huge improvement in his game either I just think he was given the confidence from a run in the side in his best position. He always had it in him to produce those performances, it's a myth that he suddenly improved out of nowhere. It's much more likely that those writing him off were just wrong about him and couldn't get the Thudd sterotypes out of their heads.[QUOTE]

I doubt that very much, he came in on a blaze of the "second coming" and 7 years later we are still talking about his potential, he will never be more then a bench player here and will be gone in 12 months.

balt_july26_730x270c.jpg

AVB showing Lennon his foreplay technique.

Just got back in from the training session at Red Bulls stadium this morning (pics later)

RE Injuries

- Bale is out of protective boot, ankle still strapped, did light jogging with one of trainers, no ball work or drills with team
- Benny was there, but didn't train or jog, and went in early
- Didn't see Rafa

Number of drills being done,

- Parks with Gomes, Carlo, Brad and other kid?
- Some one, two, attack the goal drills
- 1/4 field, 5 a side w/keeper type drills

Things I noticed

- Carroll has great skill even compared to guys in senior team, hope he gets a chance to develop
- Sig definetely has a decent shot on him

Couple hundred yids (NY Spurs members and guests, plus Red Bulls season ticket holders) got access to field level post training and all of the guys and AVB did autographs and pics for everyone, about 20-30 minutes of signing, they were all friendly and got to everybody who wanted.

[-(

The following are incontrovertible facts:

1) Huddlestone is bigger than most players therefore he is slow to the point that it detracts from our team's ability to play football
2) Huddlestone is bigger than most therefore he eats too much/doesn't train enough
3) Taking point one as fact, Huddlestone must therefore be lazy because he is slow
4) Huddlestone should score more often (despite spending most of his time in the same part of the pitch as Parker who doesn't have to)
5) An intelligent, well-weighted and dangerous through ball may not be described as such when played by Huddlestone. It must be a "Hollywood pass" (with all the negative connotations of such a statement
6) If Huddleston fails to fly into a tackle from 3-5 yards away during a match, it was not down to good positioning and reading the game, it was down to lacking heart, courage, guts, etc.
7) Huddlestone can only play in a midfield against poor opposition and/or a midfield 2. Mention any of the matches we won against 3-man midfielded top teams with Hudd in midfield and I'll put you on ignore.

:lol: That pretty much sums it up mate !

Just got back in from the training session at Red Bulls stadium this morning (pics later)

RE Injuries

- Bale is out of protective boot, ankle still strapped, did light jogging with one of trainers, no ball work or drills with team
- Didn't see Rafa

Things I noticed

- Carroll has great skill even compared to guys in senior team, hope he gets a chance to develop

Couple hundred yids (NY Spurs members and guests, plus Red Bulls season ticket holders) got access to field level post training and all of the guys and AVB did autographs and pics for everyone, about 20-30 minutes of signing, they were all friendly and got to everybody who wanted.

Good stuff

RE Injuries

- Didn't see Rafa

Things I noticed

Obviously Lloris.

One thing I would like to add after watching training Friday regarding Bentley.... spent most the time fudging around and trying to hit people with balls when they were stretching or actually trying to do the training drills. Total clown.

Why am I not surprised. He's like the kid at school that won't knuckle down and do the right drills; always titting about at the back and then wondering why he isn't progressing.

Frustrates me so much that we pay bozo's like this good money and can't find a buyer for him or his ilk.

RE Injuries

- Didn't see Rafa

Things I noticed

I was one of the lucky 200, along with my sons. It was a lot of fun and I have pictures and video of some of the goings on. I saw some things differently from Raziel though:

1. There didn't seem to be much wrong with Bale. While he wasn't doing contact stuff, he did run, including light sprinting. He also did some minor ballwork, including some juggling. He was able to do balancing on either leg. Probably an outside chance he might have a cameo tomorrow, but if not, he will not be out for long.

2. Rafa was there (Raziel--did you come a bit later on?) and did do a similar workout to Bale. However, my guess is that he is less likely to play tomorrow. He signed a few autographs on his way off but was not part of the main group later.

3. Benny didn't do much. He did a couple minutes passing away from the group and spent quite a while talking with the physio team. Not clear what the problem was.

4. Everyone else seemed in good spirits and a pretty pleasant bunch. I got pictures of most of them and autographs of all. My boys, who turn 16 tomorrow and thought was great to be so close to their heroes. And Lennon is tiny--he must make the most per pound!

Last edited:
Apologies for attaching photos in what I am sure is not the most elegant fashion, but hopefully you will be able to access them.

Apologies for attaching photos in what I am sure is not the most elegant fashion, but hopefully you will be able to access them.

It's the upload feature's fault. You have to make another post with the images from an URL. Voila:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

NYSpurs, glad your boys got to meet the guys, they were quite pleasant, couple of thoughts

- Seen Lennon up close before, so not surprised, he is very small
- Bale when sgining the autgraphs his socks had dropped, ankle was bandaged, couple of folks asked if he was going to play tomorrow, he gave what seemed to be a shrug/unlikely answer, do agree, not likely to be out long.
- Really just missed Rafa I guess, got in around 10:05, not sure how much earlier they were on.

Back