• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

They under appreciated Mane. Serves them right.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

How did "they" underappreciate him? Whether you mean fans or coaching staff, it seemed like he was adored and respected completely during Mane's time there - It appears the bloke wanted to a new challenge rather than signing another contract which is his prerogative, what else should they have done?

Last edited:
How did "they" underappreciated him? Whether you mean fans or coaching staff, it seemed like he was adored and respected completely during Mane's time there - It appears the bloke wanted to a new challenge rather than signing another contract which is his prerogative, what else should they have done?
He was apparently paid quite a bit less than Salah and they weren't willing to up his wage to the same extent they were willing to and did for Salah. Also supposedly behind the scenes Salah had a different level of application at the club. Little things like they didn't celebrate Mane's AFCON win because it might upset Salah who was one of the losing finalists. All alleged but things that I remember reading during the timeframe.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

There was clearly something going on behind the scenes, with Salah's contract talks being prolonged or on hold. Perhaps they just weren't prepared to pay both so much more or they refused parity for Mane, but Salah signed pretty quickly once Mane was gone.

There is also the theory that Salah burst into tears every time he saw Mane take a penalty in training. I can't verify this, though.

He was apparently paid quite a bit less than Salah and they weren't willing to up his wage to the same extent they were willing to and did for Salah. Also supposedly behind the scenes Salah had a different level of application at the club. Little things like they didn't celebrate Mane's AFCON win because it might upset Salah who was one of the losing finalists. All alleged but things that I remember reading during the timeframe.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Interesting factors although alleged as you say - Wages and potentially wanting parity with Salah may have been an issue but to me, it just seemed like a player's time coming to an end due to the want of a new challenge..

I'm not one to wish injuries on people / teams but it's handy how much their squad has been affected early doors, would think they need a bit more quality in midfield beyond Thiago and Fabinho. At least it's meant it's not just City / Liverpool winning absolutely every game from the off.

Liverpool look disjointed. No flow. I think they’ll be dropping down below. We will finish above them.

Wouldn't bet against Klopp figuring out a way to make it work. Also think Jota back from injury would help. So far though that front three lacks the balance they had with Mane in the team.

How did "they" underappreciate him? Whether you mean fans or coaching staff, it seemed like he was adored and respected completely during Mane's time there - It appears the bloke wanted to a new challenge rather than signing another contract which is his prerogative, what else should they have done?

yep heralded as liverpools golden front three but paid way,way less than many others.
In fact in his last year there there were 11 players paid higher than mane.

seemed like liverpool wanted to deal with salah's contract first before mane, even while salah was dragging it as part of negotiations.

klopp didn't help matters by calling the afcon a "little tournament" in his frustration for losing players. its common knowledge mane spends a lot of his money to help the poor in senegal - funded hospitals, schools, sports facilities and even giving money directly to the poor. so as captain of the senegal team and pretty much national sports hero, i don't think it would go down well with mane.

ironically and with a sense of poetic justice, mane scored the winning goal in the final of the afcon that made senegal first time champions. on the losing side was his compatriot who earned twice more than him, salah.

adored yes. respected, not fully. taken advantage of, for sure.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/2021/
upload_2022-8-21_13-57-18.png

klopp didn't help things when he called afcon a "small tournament

Last edited:
I heard some news that he was being paid less than Keita and Oxlade Chamberlain. To me he deserved equal pay at least with Salah. I am very happy that he is at Bayern.

Back