• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

My leg wasn't bitten off because of the shark attack, it was because I failed to take advantage of the shark attack.
The shark was pulling you under, you're far better off being above water with one leg.

You should never have put your leg in the sharks mouth to begin with.

I was happy in the boat, but 52% of the crew voted to scuttle it.
I blame sirens calling from the shore.
EfTMdaQWkAArz8C.jpg:large

Last edited:
It's a myth that US employees don't get holidays.

Highly valued staff can negotiate extra holiday most of the time.

I've lived and worked in the US and have lots of family and friends in the US.
It's not a myth - most states are both "at will" employment states (there are no contractual protections, roles can be terminated at zero notice without the need for any reason) and statutory PTO (paid time off) is no existent/minimal across most states. The accrued levels of PTO (paid time off) are variable greatly by industry, area and management whim.

The situation you describe is a rarity, a race to the bottom and disincentives employees moving roles for career progression If they wish to retain any benefits (ie. PTO, good health care etc).

I was lucky, I worked for a UK/Japanese company in California and got a whopping 20 days PTO without the need for accrual.
I only know one person that had similar - he had worked for the State Dept for over 40 years.

Everyone else, in long term employment and good middle/senior manager roles, teachers, a couple of Directors across highly successful brands, Inc silicon valley, had less PTO.

So respectfully, you're talking out of your ass.

I've lived and worked in the US and have lots of family and friends in the US.
Me too. I worked for a UK company but all the US employees were on US contracts

It's not a myth - most states are both "at will" employment states (there are no contractual protections, roles can be terminated at zero notice without the need for any reason) and statutory PTO (paid time off) is no existent/minimal across most states. The accrued levels of PTO (paid time off) are variable greatly by industry, area and management whim.
As employment should be. Nobody should have the automatic right to any of those things, they should be earned.

The situation you describe is a rarity, a race to the bottom and disincentives employees moving roles for career progression If they wish to retain any benefits (ie. PTO, good health care etc).

I was lucky, I worked for a UK/Japanese company in California and got a whopping 20 days PTO without the need for accrual.
I only know one person that had similar - he had worked for the State Dept for over 40 years.

Everyone else, in long term employment and good middle/senior manager roles, teachers, a couple of Directors across highly successful brands, Inc silicon valley, had less PTO.

So respectfully, you're talking out of your ass.
So people can get more than a few days if they're valuable enough then?

I know it happens, I've seen it. Obviously the call centre staff didn't get much of anything but the managers that got headhunted did. They negotiated PTO as they were valuable. That's how employment markets should work.

so neither of the parties that have any chance of winning a national election then?
Certainly not under Sunak - I believe he wanted to be part of some ridiculous scheme where countries agreed not to undercut each other on taxation.

The people pulling Truss's strings are making the right noises - whether they actually do it or not is another issue entirely.

£6.....once every 3 years or until your passport expires.... staycation overload incoming:rolleyes:

it’s not the money it’s your time and hassle that is the cost. Had to find a chemist pay £35 and locate the test results in my junk folder. None of it was terrible, but a couple of hours of pointlessness that wouldn’t be there if we were in the EU. That sums up Brexit: it adds pointless inefficiency, and downgrades the UK. Not massively but in myriad little ways that add up.

Back