• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched The Crash Reel on the iPlayer last night.

It's an excellent documentary about Kevin Pearce the American snowboarder who suffered a TBI from a horrible crash shortly before the 2010 winter Olympics.

Staying at my parents with my little one for a few days
They have a local independent cinema so we thought we would go and watch DC League of Superpets
Was £3.50 a ticket entry so £10.50 for 3 of us and a load of popcorn, drinks, sweets was £5 so £15.50 in total
Used to be an old theatre so well over 600 very comfy seats and the air con was ace too, brilliant cinema
Costs me about £75 to go to Everyman, shows it can be done

Staying at my parents with my little one for a few days
They have a local independent cinema so we thought we would go and watch DC League of Superpets
Was £3.50 a ticket entry so £10.50 for 3 of us and a load of popcorn, drinks, sweets was £5 so £15.50 in total
Used to be an old theatre so well over 600 very comfy seats and the air con was ace too, brilliant cinema
Costs me about £75 to go to Everyman, shows it can be done
There are some real good independents out there.

Sometimes I wonder why they don't charge more, not much, just a couple of quid. People would still happily go.

Sometimes I wonder why they don't charge more, not much, just a couple of quid. People would still happily go.
We went at 10.30am and I’d say there was at least 20 families in there at that time

A lot of my pals take their kids every week as it’s a really inexpensive few hours

We went at 10.30am and I’d say there was at least 20 families in there at that time

A lot of my pals take their kids every week as it’s a really inexpensive few hours

Worthing has a lovely old theatre that shows movies. Much prefer it to the cinemas in Brighton that cost an arm and a leg. Don't go often, think top gun was the last one I saw.

Think with cinemas they have to pay a percentage of each ticket to the film distributors. 90% on an opening weekend for a blockbuster then drops a bit afterwards. So cinemas mostly make their money from food and drinks anyway.

My mates been involved in similar but with food openings and its something to do with them being community assets I think. I think its a great thing and can be the life blood for many areas, especially outside of the smoke

Back