• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Regardless of his quirks he is our defender and as much as I would love a whiter than white player who is world class we have a world class defender who will walk the line, but I tell you one thing I have sat there for year berated the TV when better teams than Spurs had this type of player and he got away with it and was also class.

So I take him warts and all, because he is world class

Also I think part of this rightly or wrongly was because Cucurella left one on ROmero first half intentional or not

I love Romero but I don’t like some of the unnecessary things he does. Yes I know his aggression will mean he gets the odd red card. But watch when Kane scores from the corner - he goes right up to Reece James face, just as he did when Maguire scored that own goal. That sort of nonsense isn’t needed….

TBH we have had years of it the other way.....I'm all for players being themselves (within reason).

I love Romero but I don’t like some of the unnecessary things he does. Yes I know his aggression will mean he gets the odd red card. But watch when Kane scores from the corner - he goes right up to Reece James face, just as he did when Maguire scored that own goal. That sort of nonsense isn’t needed….
That, to me, is small potatoes compared to yanking Cucrella's twisty barnet.

For me, he's just too far over the line. Sure, I loved some of Lamela's antics, Dele too when he came into the side. However, the screaming into faces thing, never mind the hair-pulling, is just a bit too snide.

Still, perhaps too far over is better than too far on the "nice" side of the line. It's clearly part of his game and he is an absolute quality defender.

As long as he doesn't start getting a reputation with the refs (well, more than he already has) and starts losing all benefit of the doubt.

I guess I just want all my central defenders to be like Ledley.

Last edited:
Back