• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs West London Defence League

Was wrong on Dier for the second. It’s Romero really. He should be back on the fella Dier picked up. He’s wandering and draws Dier too far over and they both end up terribly positioned. You can do that in a 5 but not a 4. Awful defending. Sons culpable too but the CBs are all over the shop and that’s down to Romero wandering.

Have you ever been to an away london derby and seen a last minute equaliser? If so and you weren't celebrating like you won the league then I'm not sure footballs for you

I've celebrated a last minute equaliser away to Leicester when we were a EL level club like it was the winning goal in a WC final
My 2 boys and I absolutely lost our fudging brick when Kane scored. Expletives were flowing and various hand gestures were made. Glorious.

Last edited:
Spot on about Perisic. In hindsight, we could have done with his experience from the start. That said, starting Sess after his performance against Southampton was the right call.

I've got to disagree about Davies and Dier. Them playing it out wasn't much of a problem -- all the interceptions seemed to be on our right side as Chelsea overloaded it. I do think they suffered when we switched to a back 4 though, like with Chelsea's second goal, but that was largely due to the midfielders (Sonny?) not tracking back. It was a calculated risk from Conte and it didn't come off -- I'm really glad to see him return to a back 3 minutes later.

Overall, poor first half, with Kante, Loftus-Cheek and Cucurella playing really well and our players seemingly nervous. However, we pulled it back in the second. Got lucky with both goals IMHO but, well, it's not like Chelsea have never had any luck against us. There was real character on display, and hopefully both players and management have learned from it.

Dier and Davies were fine, as I said early they had alot of the ball but we were solid for much of it and not in too much danger.

The first goal everyone got attracted to the ball in the box thats a collective mistake and the 2-1 goal they were outnumbered for the change and had to play the men and they did. But before that they both put in lots of blocks in and around the box. People making it sound like they were run ragged when they were not

Thomas Tuchel to Sky Sports, beginning with the incident that led to both he and Antonio Conte being shown red cards at full-time: "I thought when we shake hands you looked in each other eyes, he he had a different opinion. It was not necessary but a lot of things were not necessary.

TT not a happy bunny.

"There was a clear foul on Kai Havertz and the situation goes on and on," he added to Sky Sports. "Richarlison was offside and when can you pull hair on a football field?

"We dominated for 90 minutes. We were sharp, we were hungry, it was a top performance. I'm sorry for all my players that we didn't get the result we deserved."

Makes the equaliser even sweeter

Thomas Tuchel to Sky Sports, beginning with the incident that led to both he and Antonio Conte being shown red cards at full-time: "I thought when we shake hands you looked in each other eyes, he he had a different opinion. It was not necessary but a lot of things were not necessary.

Haha, what an idiot. Not sure why the hell Conte was dismissed for reacting to Tuchel behaving like a dumbass.

Dier and Davies were fine, as I said early they had alot of the ball but we were solid for much of it and not in too much danger.

The first goal everyone got attracted to the ball in the box thats a collective mistake and the 2-1 goal they were outnumbered for the change and had to play the men and they did. But before that they both put in lots of blocks in and around the box. People making it sound like they were run ragged when they were not

I thought both Davies and Dier played well. Dier did little wrong and Davies did a lot right. They were two of our better players. Thought they were much better than Kulu and Bentancur for example but Dier and Davies are easy targets for some reason.

Phew. Okay.

Few observations -

Perisic starts. No matter what, he starts. Sess offered nothing, and his big chance to impress was here. Perisic comes on, puts in a sweet delivery from the corner for the equalizer. His ti lose going forward, imo.

He was brilliant last week, and needs a few games before jumping the gun. Over reaction from your part mate. Apart from the delivery, i thought Perisic looked quite flat-footed and off the pace.

Richarlison was a bit all over the place, drifting left and right at will, but he wasn't the cause of our lost shape - us going to a four did that, and you could see how unfamiliar the lads were with that formation.

Well we were going for broke which i loved, and talented players can cope playing without always sticking to a system when trying to overload. I am also sure that we would have practiced such scenarios in the training ground. How can you say that he was all over the place? He really wasnt.

Romero's brickhousery is going to get him sent off at some stage, but if he has to go full Argentine, going full Argentine against Chelsea is the best venue :p

Obvious. But i dont think he needs it coaching out of his game. I for one think he held his nerve when Havertz tried to do him. So he is not some brainless idiot, quite measured, but he will get caught out one of these days.

Davies was poor, Dier poorer. We will continue to struggle to play out while both of them are stalwarts at the back - we need better defenders in both their places, and they need to go back to being backups.

Did you mention these two vs southampton? Becasue they both had a good game. Davies touch was off and I actually think Dier had a decent game. I have voiced against Davis and Dier before, But Dier has kicked on and yes Ben davies has competition from Lenglet.

Good point in the end - really showed the spikiness I think Conte will like. But qualitatively, we are inferior to them - they can keep the ball better, move the ball better, and man to man, they outmatch us.

Do they though? I would possibly take Koulibally, James and Cucuarella ... thats it Man to man we match and do them on paper. However away game, london derby, anything can happy as the result suggests.

We need to keep improving, and we need to target our CCB and LCB positions next.

I thought both Davies and Dier played well. Dier did little wrong and Davies did a lot right. They were two of our better players. Thought they were much better than Kulu and Bentancur for example but Dier and Davies are easy targets for some reason.

We have an issue with Bentacur and PEH in my opinion, bar the goal PEH was at his plodding best but I will put that to one side for his goal. But Bentacur is either a 2 or a 10 and and today he was a 2.

I take Bissouma in ASAP and people talk an AM but I would take a ball retaining quality operator to play as CM with Bissouma above anyone

romero and royal were correct to reinforce to win the lost ball - dier the CB needs to return to position once the ball was lost, davies was doing the right thing covering for Dier. Poor discipline there imo.

Back