• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs West London Defence League

Phew. Okay.

Few observations -

Perisic starts. No matter what, he starts. Sess offered nothing, and his big chance to impress was here. Perisic comes on, puts in a sweet delivery from the corner for the equalizer. His ti lose going forward, imo.

Richarlison was a bit all over the place, drifting left and right at will, but he wasn't the cause of our lost shape - us going to a four did that, and you could see how unfamiliar the lads were with that formation.

Romero's brickhousery is going to get him sent off at some stage, but if he has to go full Argentine, going full Argentine against Chelsea is the best venue :p

Davies was poor, Dier poorer. We will continue to struggle to play out while both of them are stalwarts at the back - we need better defenders in both their places, and they need to go back to being backups.

Good point in the end - really showed the spikiness I think Conte will like. But qualitatively, we are inferior to them - they can keep the ball better, move the ball better, and man to man, they outmatch us.

We need to keep improving, and we need to target our CCB and LCB positions next.

Only turned it on as we equalised.
Boring game. Pfft.

Good to see our set pieces looking dangerous.
Not so keen on the zero in midfield strategy.

Romero on Sideshow Bob :D
How did VAR miss that?!

I think they probably deemed it a yellow. But can’t dish that out with VAR.

Not great but in all honesty I felt they were ok too, not as great as Sky made. Yes they missed an open goal but Kane missed one too. They had more of the ball undoubtedly and we nick it on weight of possession but lots of talking points beyond that.

I think the good thing for us was the changes we made, showed the summer business worked. Richarlison galvanised us with his energy and although the change maybe cost us a goal Perisics quality on the ball also got us the point. We have not had that impact form the bench before.

I take Conte and Tuchel beef, its passion, anyone over talking it or complaining have obviously not been in high pressure industries but its done, it will be forgotten and you move on.

COYS

Have you ever been to an away london derby and seen a last minute equaliser? If so and you weren't celebrating like you won the league then I'm not sure footballs for you

I've celebrated a last minute equaliser away to Leicester when we were a EL level club like it was the winning goal in a WC final
Think you are quoting the wrong post.

I am not advocating his behaviour, but seeing it now a few times, Conte walks towards Tuchel hand out, but no eye contact and walks past. Tuchel holds on, pulls him back and gesticulates to him about not looking at him. Then it's all handbags

yeah the Italian says "I just ah givva you my hand because I have to" and the German's like "you MUST look me in ze eye ven you shake my hand!"

Phew. Okay.

Few observations -

Perisic starts. No matter what, he starts. Sess offered nothing, and his big chance to impress was here. Perisic comes on, puts in a sweet delivery from the corner for the equalizer. His ti lose going forward, imo.

Richarlison was a bit all over the place, drifting left and right at will, but he wasn't the cause of our lost shape - us going to a four did that, and you could see how unfamiliar the lads were with that formation.

Romero's brickhousery is going to get him sent off at some stage, but if he has to go full Argentine, going full Argentine against Chelsea is the best venue :p

Davies was poor, Dier poorer. We will continue to struggle to play out while both of them are stalwarts at the back - we need better defenders in both their places, and they need to go back to being backups.

Good point in the end - really showed the spikiness I think Conte will like. But qualitatively, we are inferior to them - they can keep the ball better, move the ball better, and man to man, they outmatch us.

We need to keep improving, and we need to target our CCB and LCB positions next.

Agreed on all points. Especially LWB. I like Sess but Perisic is on a whole other level.

Missed it at the time but Tuchel caused all of that.
Tuchel seemed all upset by the lack of eye contact.
Showed a major weakness of sensitivity there - I know what I'd do if I was the manager against him in a few games time.

Should be a proper ding dong this season with Citreh, Liverpool, Chelsea and Us.
Four managers who are all real characters, won't back down from controversy, and quite like to create it at times too - it's like the 90s again! Whoop.

Oddly, having a dull manager might actually help the Goons.

Phew. Okay.

Few observations -

Spot on about Perisic. In hindsight, we could have done with his experience from the start. That said, starting Sess after his performance against Southampton was the right call.

I've got to disagree about Davies and Dier. Them playing it out wasn't much of a problem -- all the interceptions seemed to be on our right side as Chelsea overloaded it. I do think they suffered when we switched to a back 4 though, like with Chelsea's second goal, but that was largely due to the midfielders (Sonny?) not tracking back. It was a calculated risk from Conte and it didn't come off -- I'm really glad to see him return to a back 3 minutes later.

Overall, poor first half, with Kante, Loftus-Cheek and Cucurella playing really well and our players seemingly nervous. However, we pulled it back in the second. Got lucky with both goals IMHO but, well, it's not like Chelsea have never had any luck against us. There was real character on display, and hopefully both players and management have learned from it.

Back