• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs West London Defence League

Btw. Notice Chelsea have 3 of their new signings starting. Are we the only club that can’t get new signings match ready? Assume if fully fit, Peresic and Bissouma would be starting?

Possibly because none of our new signings ( maybe other than Bissoumma) actually strengthen the first eleven ?
The goons have three new players that massively improve their starting eleven.

It’s only 1-0 which is good but I literally expect nothing here. They always turn up for this home game too. Like West Ham and Arsenal. At least they are going to be run for profit from now on. Might be a big spend this summer but don’t see it extending to every summer.

I get that. But that 11 isn’t good enough for us to move forward. I thought that was the idea of making signings. You can (I hope) see that Sess, PEH and Royal are outclassed here?

These players were also on the pitch, iirc, v City & Pool away... games/performances like today will help bring the new guys in the side quicker

Son is man marked and Kane can't get the ball.

Makes sense for Kane to drop into midfield and Son up front to stretch and stagger their defensive lines.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

Possibly because none of our new signings ( maybe other than Bissoumma) actually strengthen the first eleven ?
Agree. And is the point I’m trying to get to. I’d like to think Perisic will be a level up on the left however.

It’s also a system thing. 5 defenders (2 supposed to get forward but can’t) marking 2/3 forwards. Hence we are outnumbered in midfield - so it’s on top of us every 30 seconds. Happened last year - happened again here.

Hence why we need a monster centre half.
Bastoni or similar would have been by far our most important signing.

a monster cb isn't going to start a defensive corner scheme on the edge of the box

well I'd hope, although the way we have conceded goals this season I have no idea what Conte is thinking

every goal has been the most likely to concede, its a failure of basics

Perisic obviously strengthens the starting XI, more so than Bissouma probably.

Son is man marked and Kane can't get the ball.

Makes sense for Kane to drop into midfield and Son up front to stretch and stagger their defensive lines.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

Son is technically better than James, massively, he needs to take a better touch and turn him

Kane needs to actually move and find some space, he's being marked by a geriatric, he should be filling his boots

No changes . So surprising. Pleased to see the pattern of the game has started exactly as first 45

I am expecting Conte to make systemic tweaks. Changing players is not the solution. Chelsea is deliberately crowding the midfield.

Chelsea dominating but not creating anything of note going by the half time stats up on Sky - room to get something from this if Conte makes the right changes

Back