• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I don't mind flags. I am pretty sure the flags are nothing to do with the club - its a fan initiative. For such a big stadium and especially the South Stand we don't have much in the way of flags, banners, scarf waving, or anything else to generate atmosphere.

The atmosphere is generally good for the big games but dreadful against most of the bottom half teams. I'm all for fans doing somehting to improve it

Bring the drum back.

I don't mind flags. I am pretty sure the flags are nothing to do with the club - its a fan initiative. For such a big stadium and especially the South Stand we don't have much in the way of flags, banners, scarf waving, or anything else to generate atmosphere.

The atmosphere is generally good for the big games but dreadful against most of the bottom half teams. I'm all for fans doing somehting to improve it
Totally agree! Flags and banners add a bit of dynamic, and makes it look like there actually are people in the stands.

Fair play to the fans organising these flags. They've had to raise money to get them made, go through all the health and safety hoops with the club, find volunteers willing to wave the flags and then return them somewhere after (or at half time?). From what I can gather these are fans who rather than just keep moaning about any lack of atmosphere are actually trying to do something about it. However, these large flags are only waved before kick-off and I'm not really convinced they make/will make a lot of difference in the atmosphere. Plus viewing from the north stand, they do look at bit small and lost in the scale of the south stand - which I guess is why they are appealing for more volunteers, as that means more flags to wave.
It's all too easy to moan and criticise, so good luck to them.

Fair play to the fans organising these flags. They've had to raise money to get them made, go through all the health and safety hoops with the club, find volunteers willing to wave the flags and then return them somewhere after (or at half time?). From what I can gather these are fans who rather than just keep moaning about any lack of atmosphere are actually trying to do something about it. However, these large flags are only waved before kick-off and I'm not really convinced they make/will make a lot of difference in the atmosphere. Plus viewing from the north stand, they do look at bit small and lost in the scale of the south stand - which I guess is why they are appealing for more volunteers, as that means more flags to wave.

Yeah agree. It's easy to say nah that won't do nothing. Then come up with a better idea.

Still want the drum back, we've got a standing section. Give them all drums and send them for lessons. Then we could have something like this.

Imagine artetas training sessions.

Exactly, I know I might sound like a killjoy but waving flags before the match all sounds a bit corporate to me. Like trying to create an ultras vibe where there is none. I don't think English football has ever been about megaphones and orchestrated chanting. It's more organic (for want of a better word) and based around the moment. We'll be attacking the players at the training ground because they lost to Arse next.....Volunteers wanted:D

Last edited:
Flag waving and banners don't create an atmosphere.

Kind of disagree, it adds to the occasion and that must generate to the atmosphere ... Dortmund have some amazing Tifos and banners etc, and it looks amazing would get me buzzing if we had something similar. But then again you either have it or you dont ... we are far too posh these days.

I even got asked to calm down a bit at a game last season by this old hag sat in front of me.

Kind of disagree, it adds to the occasion and that must generate to the atmosphere ... Dortmund have some amazing Tifos and banners etc, and it looks amazing would get me buzzing if we had something similar. But then again you either have it or you dont ... we are far too posh these days.

I even got asked to calm down a bit at a game last season by this old hag sat in front of me.

I'm not against them, I'm just saying that they won't kick-start an atmosphere - add them to an existing atmosphere, great. Start waving them at home to Bournemouth on a Sunday midday kick off and it'll do nothing

For those who don't want banners or flags - what do you think would help get the atmosphere going?

You can't engineer an atmosphere. Best you can do is try to ensure like minded people, who want to create an atmosphere by singing chanting etc have the opportunity to sit together in the same areas and then not be on them like a rash for standing - trouble is sell out stadiums and supply/demand mean that it's hard for the club to take that sort of initiative. Safe standing is a start

Last edited:
I am in the safe standing section and it is certainly better than other parts of the ground. I still feel it is flat for the less glamorous games. Maybe this season it'll improve with the general feeling around the club being better

Neither does sitting there eating a burger and chips, which is what half the fans seem to do these days.

Anything which tries to create some atmosphere for the players, is ok by me
Maybe we should start waving burgers and throwing chips. F&b sales could be enough to offset the losses from recent transfers.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

You can't engineer an atmosphere. Best you can do is try to ensure like minded people, who want to create an atmosphere by singing chanting etc have the opportunity to sit together in the same areas and then not be on them like a rash for standing - trouble is sell out stadiums and supply/demand mean that it's hard for the club to take that sort of initiative. Safe standing is a start

This ^^^^^^^^

Showing my age perhaps but the day the drums come back will be the day I stop going to WHL.

I find them insufferable.

Amen to that. Its not down to age either, i hated the fudging idiots when they were allowed. Singing, shouting is one think but some arsehole stood behind you banging a drum is a pain in the arse.

Back